• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have "old tickets" from 2012. Can we link these to MDX and book our fast passes at the 30 day mark as we are staying off site? Then when we arrive we have to exchange them for new tickets?

Depends what you mean for "old tickets".

They are new enough to have ticket IDs and/or barcodes that will allow you to link them to MDX.

If they are unused, you can link them fine, make your FP+ selections for the number of days on the ticket, and then you'll need to exchange them for the new ticket media to get into the parks.

If they are partially used with the No Expiration option, same applies. You can only make FP+ reservations for as many days as remains on the ticket.

If they are partially used and did not have the No Expiration option, or fully used, then they are expired and useless.

Yes they have a barcode and we have used a few days but we have the no expiry option. Thanks

This questions has probably been asked before, but there's a lot of pages I'd have to wade through to figure it out.

Let us say you are traveling in a large-ish group consisting of several families. All family members have linked their MDE to you and assigned you the duty of figuring out fastpasses. One family is coming in several days later than the others. If I log in on the 60-day mark for myself and the other families, will I be able to reserve fastpasses for the latecomers at that time, or will I have to wait and add their family members to our existing reservations several days after my 60-day mark.

This questions has probably been asked before, but there's a lot of pages I'd have to wade through to figure it out. Let us say you are traveling in a large-ish group consisting of several families. All family members have linked their MDE to you and assigned you the duty of figuring out fastpasses. One family is coming in several days later than the others. If I log in on the 60-day mark for myself and the other families, will I be able to reserve fastpasses for the latecomers at that time, or will I have to wait and add their family members to our existing reservations several days after my 60-day mark.
Last week, I was making FP reservations for three families, one of which arrived a day earlier than the other two. I was able to make the reservations for all three families at the early-arriving group's 60 day mark, which was 61 days for the other two families.

For 60 days out - you will only be able to book your length of stay for the length of your tickets.

IF your onsite days is 4 and your ticket length is 2, you can book any 2 days of that stay.

If your onsite stay is 4 nights and your ticket is 7 days, you can book FP for those 4 onsite nights/days only.

You will be able to book the rest of your ticket days at the 30 day mark from the first FP day you need to make.

OK so weird question in regards to the above.
What if your tickets are for longer then your on site booking BUT you have another back to back on site booking?
We are hoping for Free Dining on our next trip and I know that you need to check in on one of the FD dates (not the day before) AND Disney only lets you book for 14 nights at a time.
We will be coming for 18 nights and expect that we will have to make a 1 maybe 2 night booking then a 14 night booking to get FD then 3 night booking to cover the rest of our nights.
I will have MNSSHP tickets plus MVMCP tickets plus a 10 day ticket that will be valid for likely 2 days past when we check out from the 14 day booking (but are checked in and staying on site on the next booking)
Can I link the tickets to more than 1 booking?
Will I be able to make FP+ bookings for the last couple of days at the 60 day mark?

So I see in the OP that child swap works the same way now as it did with legacy FP.
So to confirm we will be traveling with DH, myself DD6 (then), DD4(then) and DD20 months (then), we assume by the time we go DD3 (who will then be 4) will be 40".
I can book a FP+ for DH, DD6 and DD4 for say 7DMT, and book myself a FP for BTMRR. I would then get a rider swap at 7DMT and DD6 and DD4 could ride a 2nd time with me and I could ride BTMRR alone getting a rider swap for DH who could then ride BTMRR with DD6 and DD4.
Is this correct?

OK so weird question in regards to the above.
What if your tickets are for longer then your on site booking BUT you have another back to back on site booking?
We are hoping for Free Dining on our next trip and I know that you need to check in on one of the FD dates (not the day before) AND Disney only lets you book for 14 nights at a time.
We will be coming for 18 nights and expect that we will have to make a 1 maybe 2 night booking then a 14 night booking to get FD then 3 night booking to cover the rest of our nights.
I will have MNSSHP tickets plus MVMCP tickets plus a 10 day ticket that will be valid for likely 2 days past when we check out from the 14 day booking (but are checked in and staying on site on the next booking)
Can I link the tickets to more than 1 booking?
Will I be able to make FP+ bookings for the last couple of days at the 60 day mark?

The tickets don't really get linked to a booking specifically.

Let's simplify and just say you have 10 day tickets. Linking them to MDX simply means you can now make 10 days worth of FP+ selections. WHEN you can make selections for is based on your reservations.

IIRC the way it is working now, say you have a 2-night reservation, then a 5 night reservation, then a 2 night reservation, and you want to make FP+ for all 10 days covered by the reservations.

60 days out from the check-in day of the first reservation, you can make FP+ reservations for the three days of the first reservation. Then 60-days out from the second reservation, the window opens for the days covered by _that_ reservation, so you can book 5 additional days (the first day was already covered by the first reservation). Then at 60 days from the final reservation, the final days open up.

In all, you wouldn't be able to book more than 10 days because that's the length of your ticket.

Not sure that it is all that understandable...but tickets enable you to make FP+ selections in general (within 30 days) and how many days you can do it, while reservations simply enable the 60+ day window.

So I see in the OP that child swap works the same way now as it did with legacy FP.
So to confirm we will be traveling with DH, myself DD6 (then), DD4(then) and DD20 months (then), we assume by the time we go DD3 (who will then be 4) will be 40".
I can book a FP+ for DH, DD6 and DD4 for say 7DMT, and book myself a FP for BTMRR. I would then get a rider swap at 7DMT and DD6 and DD4 could ride a 2nd time with me and I could ride BTMRR alone getting a rider swap for DH who could then ride BTMRR with DD6 and DD4.
Is this correct?

In general yes. However over the years there have been sporadic reports about CMs who require everyone who will ride to have a FP if the first group is going to use the FP line, and "trade" one FP for the Rider Switch pass. Disney has no official policy on this though.

In the age of FP+, I expected that this would be far too difficult to manage for the CMs, but I do recall someone reported that this still happened to them. I believe is it still rare though.

Is it worth using a FP+ for? I would be using it for a seating at Festival of the Lion King, at the end of May first of June.

Considering purchasing an AP for the first time this year. Have 2 onsite visits booked, so understand that I will bs able to book FPs at 60 days for both trips. What I'm a little fuzzy on is whether or not the AP needs to be active before I can use it to book my selections? Obviously I will have it linked in MDX as a ticket medium (the rest of my party will just have regular day passes, purchased and linked in advance) but the AP will remain unused until our first visit. I wasn't sure if that made it "inactive" and therefore unable to use for FP booking purposes? Would appreciate input from anyone who has experience with this. TIA!

Considering purchasing an AP for the first time this year. Have 2 onsite visits booked, so understand that I will bs able to book FPs at 60 days for both trips. What I'm a little fuzzy on is whether or not the AP needs to be active before I can use it to book my selections? Obviously I will have it linked in MDX as a ticket medium (the rest of my party will just have regular day passes, purchased and linked in advance) but the AP will remain unused until our first visit. I wasn't sure if that made it "inactive" and therefore unable to use for FP booking purposes? Would appreciate input from anyone who has experience with this. TIA!

As long as it is linked, you can use it to book. However, there is some weirdness. Outside of a reservation, it acts like a 7-day ticket in that you can reserve up to 7 days of FP+ within the 30-day window.

With a reservation, you can book 7 days or the length of the reservation, whichever is greater.

However, I remember some issues where if you had booked 7 days outside a reservation, then when your reservation hit you couldn't book more, as if a flag was set to say you've already reached your maximum. Similar problems if you were doing a split stay and already hit the "maximum" on the first reservation.

If you are ONLY using it during your reservations (and they are reasonably set apart from each other) there should be no problems.

You'll be able to book your FPs with just the voucher number linked to MDE. It's considered valid ticket media for FPs.

Thank you both. That's what I'd "read" but wanted to verify. Also, my first trip is not until May, so I am going to opt to have the card mailed to me. Will I still get a voucher #? Or will I just need to link the pass once I receive it?

Thank you both. That's what I'd "read" but wanted to verify. Also, my first trip is not until May, so I am going to opt to have the card mailed to me. Will I still get a voucher #? Or will I just need to link the pass once I receive it?

The card will have the ticket ID and/or barcode on it that you can register.

Hiho! I'm trying to remember something about FP+.

You're in the park, you have your 3 FP+s scheduled. But you're keeping an eye on MDE in case a FP+ for 7DMT pops up.

If you still have one of your original three unused, can you use the app to switch that one to a different FP+ booking for a different attraction, or do you need to use the kiosk to make that switch?

Thanks!

Hiho! I'm trying to remember something about FP+.

You're in the park, you have your 3 FP+s scheduled. But you're keeping an eye on MDE in case a FP+ for 7DMT pops up.

If you still have one of your original three unused, can you use the app to switch that one to a different FP+ booking for a different attraction, or do you need to use the kiosk to make that switch?

Thanks!

You can use the app.

Updated MK parade viewing location, moved to Town Square Flagpole starting today due to ongoing construction in the Hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter