• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

I booked all my days of Fast Pass plus thanks to the info on here (I did have to book one day at at time from 60 days due to onsite/offsite split stay).

I got everything I wanted, even SDMT for the two of us except the festival of fantasy parade! Even when I tried to book the two of us one at a time it was booked up. Is there really a chance of getting this or should I give up? Its not like a ride where someone will just pick another time....

?

Here now! :) On this subject...

- We had 3 FP for AK. Didn't use any of them.
- I logged onto the app after: 1) one had expired, 2) two others were still upcoming.
- From the app, I did NOT have an option to reschedule the expired one AT ALL. Not even within AK. This was from the app. Perhaps different at a kiosk??
- The remaining (active) two could have been rescheduled for other attraction in AK ONLY -- could not try to switch them to MK, which I suspected.
- I had the option to CANCEL the remaining two, but didn't chance it, as I have NO IDEA whether this will mess with my ability to pull a 4th FP after these active two expire. With MK open until 1am today and the last pre-booked FP expiring at 3:30, I figure I'll try for a 4th at a kiosk.
- What I DID NOT try -- and should have (!!) -- was rescheduling the remaining two FROM A KIOSK. Darn.

Unexpected update for anyone interested in this specific situation...

- For some reason, only 1 out of my 3 unused FP+ (Latest one at 3:30pm) ever showed as expired, as late as 9pm.
- This was preventing me from pulling a 4th FP.
- Asked a CM at a kiosk, and he had no idea AT ALL. Worse, he tried to tell me that because I hadn't used at least one of the three, "the system still thinks you're in AK". Clearly makes NO SENSE.
- I asked the CM what would happen if I cancelled the other 2 FPs -- he said "I have no idea".
- With nothing to lose at that point, I cancelled the two ANIMAL KINGDOM FPs on my phone, and we were then able to book two new ones immediately at a kiosk in and for MAGIC KINGDOM! Worked better than having to pull a 4th, wait, pull a 5th.

Seems to me like some sort of glitch. I have NO IDEA why of the 3 FP we didn't use, only 1 appeared to expire while the others remained and could be cancelled to then book in ANOTHER PARK. Odd... ...

I got fps for everything I wanted- including 7DMT and A & E for 9 people- I got in at 1- I guess everyone else gave up!!!

Can't believe it, I didn't even have to split up the group.:cool1::cheer2::thumbsup2pixiedust:

Okay, thanks for all the great info in that first post it definitely helped my bookings! I managed to secure a single FP for Anna and Elsa. Can I bring both my 2 year old twins with me? Or is the under 3 policy per adult? I hope I find a way to get one more for DH, but if not I'm willing to try with both if they'll let me... Or will it be disney's version of Sophie's choice?! Thanks ;)

I got fps for everything I wanted- including 7DMT and A & E for 9 people- I got in at 1- I guess everyone else gave up!!!

Can't believe it, I didn't even have to split up the group.:cool1::cheer2::thumbsup2pixiedust:

I can't believe you're brave enough to handle this for 9 people! So glad you got A &E! I got everything I wanted too! I keep checking just to make sure they are still there. I wasn't ready for that much stress at midnight. Thanks for the help last night! At work already after a quick 4 hour nap. The goal for today - don't fall asleep at work!

Looks like the random 1:00a silliness is back.

ETA: May not be random, but related to MK 1:00a closures as has been the case the last two days. First post updated to include theory.

Unexpected update for anyone interested in this specific situation...

- For some reason, only 1 out of my 3 unused FP+ (Latest one at 3:30pm) ever showed as expired, as late as 9pm.
- This was preventing me from pulling a 4th FP.
- Asked a CM at a kiosk, and he had no idea AT ALL. Worse, he tried to tell me that because I hadn't used at least one of the three, "the system still thinks you're in AK". Clearly makes NO SENSE.
- I asked the CM what would happen if I cancelled the other 2 FPs -- he said "I have no idea".
- With nothing to lose at that point, I cancelled the two ANIMAL KINGDOM FPs on my phone, and we were then able to book two new ones immediately at a kiosk in and for MAGIC KINGDOM! Worked better than having to pull a 4th, wait, pull a 5th.

Seems to me like some sort of glitch. I have NO IDEA why of the 3 FP we didn't use, only 1 appeared to expire while the others remained and could be cancelled to then book in ANOTHER PARK. Odd... ...

Yep, odd. Thanks for experimenting!

Okay, thanks for all the great info in that first post it definitely helped my bookings! I managed to secure a single FP for Anna and Elsa. Can I bring both my 2 year old twins with me? Or is the under 3 policy per adult? I hope I find a way to get one more for DH, but if not I'm willing to try with both if they'll let me... Or will it be disney's version of Sophie's choice?! Thanks ;)

You should be able to bring both, I've never heard of a limit on the number of tots.

It opened at 12:00 am EST on the dot, I know because I made all my selections was done by 12:08.

It opened at 12:00 am EST on the dot, I know because I made all my selections was done by 12:08.

Last night? And did you literally mean Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time (our current setting)? What part of FL are you in? Just trying to clarify....

I had to get up at 1:00 this morning to give my daughter antibiotics and while I was up checked to see if I could make reservations. It worked not problem, but only through the website, not the App.

Is there any way that one person can be on a iPad looking at
FP times, while someone else is on the laptop making the FP reservations?

Not sure what's happening with the release times? Monday I could book at 5am uk time (12est) last two days 6am 0100est?? Both app and desktop?? Why is it different for different people? ThNks

Last night? And did you literally mean Eastern Standard Time or Eastern Daylight Time (our current setting)? What part of FL are you in? Just trying to clarify....

Jacksonville/St. Augustine, yeah day light savings time(our current time). Even had to re knew our AP's prior to FP selections, no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter