• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out what "copying" is or what it is used for??? There are 7 of us - 2 separate families. We will be making our FPP selections tonight at midnight hopefully. So, not sure if I need to understand that copying mechanism or not.

Did you get do your FP+ right when the window opened? My window opens this week and I really want to get Wishes. I can look for availabilty a few days before and it shows no availabilty for Wishes. Thanks!

Yes, I did all mine on 60 days out, and booked Festival of Fantasy viewing and Wishes for our final day (as we're doing the afternoon and evening in MK), so we actually booked those at 66 days out :)

I can't figure out what "copying" is or what it is used for??? There are 7 of us - 2 separate families. We will be making our FPP selections tonight at midnight hopefully. So, not sure if I need to understand that copying mechanism or not.

If you are reserving all 7 people at once you should be ok without knowing how to copy.

If you go to modify your fp+, you will get options to replace them all, change, copy or cancel. If you click on copy it will then have you select a person to copy from, followed by selecting who to copy to. It will then think for a minute and spit out your options. Ideally, it will give everybody in the group the FP that you wanted at the times you want. If they are not available, it will give you something else (time or ride). For example, If I want to copy Peter Pan, Pooh and 7DMR for my group 7D will not be available on our dates so it will give me Peter Pan, Pooh and some random other ride. If you click ok it will convert the FP selections of every person in the group to what it just showed. Or you can cancel and leave everybody's choices as they were.

ETA: if one of you has control of both families, it may be easier to reserve for all 7 people at once. If that can't happen, you can still only copy to people you have permission to edit for. So if you do your family and your friend gives you permission after you are done you can try to copy all your FP+'s to them. It may or may not work as described above. If you want to ride together I suggest one of you gives permission and you search for anything hard to get as far out as possible as a whole group. Otherwise things like Anna/Elsa and the mine ride aren't likely to be together from what I've been seeing in my experience just now.

Define "using a FP" - do you actually have to USE the pass or just wait for the window to be past?

I'm going to DHS and really only care about FP+ for TSMM. I'm arriving at 11 a.m.

Can I schedule FP+ for TSMM at 11 a.m., and then throwaways for two other attractions for 9a.m. and 10 a.m. so that once I arrive at 11 and ride TSMM I can immediately schedule a fourth FP+ to ride TSMM again (assuming there are passes still available for that ride)?

OP states that reservations at the 60 day mark can only be made for the first 10 days of your trip, but Disney's website (under FP+ FAQ) says that you can make them for your entire length of stay. If that's true, you should be able to book all 14 days at your 60 day mark.

Ok, that's what I'm hoping for, thanks :)

Define "using a FP" - do you actually have to USE the pass or just wait for the window to be past? I'm going to DHS and really only care about FP+ for TSMM. I'm arriving at 11 a.m. Can I schedule FP+ for TSMM at 11 a.m., and then throwaways for two other attractions for 9a.m. and 10 a.m. so that once I arrive at 11 and ride TSMM I can immediately schedule a fourth FP+ to ride TSMM again (assuming there are passes still available for that ride)?
I'm in the same boat for HS, and never thought about scheduling my "throw away" reservations for before we arrive! :) Though I have heard reports that TSM is generally not available day of...but at least we may be able to snag another tier 1 attraction? I believe the window for all 3 only needs to pass before you can schedule your 4th. Hopefully someone here with experience can confirm?

OP states that reservations at the 60 day mark can only be made for the first 10 days of your trip, but Disney's website (under FP+ FAQ) says that you can make them for your entire length of stay. If that's true, you should be able to book all 14 days at your 60 day mark.

You're in a situation that most guests aren't, so I would love to know what your experience is as a data point. I would be happy to be wrong if it helps you, and in that case I would modify the info in the OP.

Define "using a FP" - do you actually have to USE the pass or just wait for the window to be past?

I'm going to DHS and really only care about FP+ for TSMM. I'm arriving at 11 a.m.

Can I schedule FP+ for TSMM at 11 a.m., and then throwaways for two other attractions for 9a.m. and 10 a.m. so that once I arrive at 11 and ride TSMM I can immediately schedule a fourth FP+ to ride TSMM again (assuming there are passes still available for that ride)?

Hopefully if you do this, you'll select FP options that are not popular ones for your throw away...just to be fair???

You're in a situation that most guests aren't, so I would love to know what your experience is as a data point. I would be happy to be wrong if it helps you, and in that case I would modify the info in the OP.

I can book on wednesday (hotel is from 21st Sept) so I will keep my fingers crossed and let you know :)

If you are reserving all 7 people at once you should be ok without knowing how to copy.

If you go to modify your fp+, you will get options to replace them all, change, copy or cancel. If you click on copy it will then have you select a person to copy from, followed by selecting who to copy to. It will then think for a minute and spit out your options. Ideally, it will give everybody in the group the FP that you wanted at the times you want. If they are not available, it will give you something else (time or ride). For example, If I want to copy Peter Pan, Pooh and 7DMR for my group 7D will not be available on our dates so it will give me Peter Pan, Pooh and some random other ride. If you click ok it will convert the FP selections of every person in the group to what it just showed. Or you can cancel and leave everybody's choices as they were.

ETA: if one of you has control of both families, it may be easier to reserve for all 7 people at once. If that can't happen, you can still only copy to people you have permission to edit for. So if you do your family and your friend gives you permission after you are done you can try to copy all your FP+'s to them. It may or may not work as described above. If you want to ride together I suggest one of you gives permission and you search for anything hard to get as far out as possible as a whole group. Otherwise things like Anna/Elsa and the mine ride aren't likely to be together from what I've been seeing in my experience just now.

Thanks!!!

In the first post, where the attractions are listed for each park, the attractions that are tier 1 are in red.

Hi.
Does this mean that there are no Tier 1 attractions in MK?
I don't see any in red?
Thank you SOOO much for anyone that can let me know.
I thought my FP+ selection started end of week but IT IS TOMORROW OMG:scared:

Hi. Does this mean that there are no Tier 1 attractions in MK? I don't see any in red? Thank you SOOO much for anyone that can let me know. I thought my FP+ selection started end of week but IT IS TOMORROW OMG:scared:
As of right now, only HS and Epcot have tiering systems. Good luck!!

Hopefully if you do this, you'll select FP options that are not popular ones for your throw away...just to be fair???
Of course! Which brings up another question I had but cannot seem to find an answer on....the system "forces" you to select 3 rides when you schedule, correct? And it's my understanding that if you don't select 3, it will select additional attractions for you, correct? So can I then cancel the ones I don't want, or must I have 3 at all times? And if I can maintain less than 3, how does that work for scheduling additional FPs (i.e. for the same ride or another within tier 1)??

I saw earlier someone posted TSMM may not be available day of. Are there any other ones that may not be available day of? This whole FP+ is getting a little too regimented for my taste. It really doesn't give one the option to get up and say let's go to DHS or MK.

Of course! Which brings up another question I had but cannot seem to find an answer on....the system "forces" you to select 3 rides when you schedule, correct? And it's my understanding that if you don't select 3, it will select additional attractions for you, correct? So can I then cancel the ones I don't want, or must I have 3 at all times? And if I can maintain less than 3, how does that work for scheduling additional FPs (i.e. for the same ride or another within tier 1)??

I find this very annoying. There were a number of days I changed the time for the third, unwanted FP to be first thing in the morning. I figure the lines can't be too bad when the park opens at 9am. That way I can try to get another fp once the windows for the 3 selected passes.

Now I do apologize if this has been asked (probably many times over), but if I am staying offsite, where can I purchase Magic Bands?

My understanding is once I have the MB, MDX account, and valid ticket number I can pick FP spots 30 days prior to that day. Can I have more than one person's MB on the MDX or does each MB have to have a MDX account?

We're going in January when the times are slow, do people still recommend these?

I'll have more questions, but I want these answered first.

I'd also like to know what would happen for booking FP+ when staying onsite for longer than 10 days. I was just about to ask a similar question.

If you can book all your dinning for length of stay at the 180 window then it would make sense to allow you to do the same (I'm assuming that you can do this I've never actually booked to stay on site that far out time wise)

I saw earlier someone posted TSMM may not be available day of. Are there any other ones that may not be available day of? This whole FP+ is getting a little too regimented for my taste. It really doesn't give one the option to get up and say let's go to DHS or MK.
According to my coworker, who was there in June, the following rides had limited or no day-of availability: TSMM, R&R, Soarin', Test Track, 7DMT. There may be others, this was just his report, for rides his family was interested in. Also, I'm sure it goes without saying that A&E, Festival of Fantasy and Wishes were unavailable day-of as well.

I apologize if this has been answered already (I'm sure it has) but me and some friends are beginning to plan a trip to WDW in December where we will be staying offsite for a week, then we will be adding a couple of days at a Disney hotel at the end. If I understand correctly, if I do it this way, the days where we're staying onsite would have a 30-day window for FPs, while the onsite days at the end would have a 60-day window, correct? Does that mean that it would be advantageous to put the onsite days before the offsite days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter