FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question if anyone can help! :)

I have 4 days of park passes, which I am booking FP+ for, spending one day at each park. On the 5th day I have tickets for MNSSHP (which I've never been to before) and am wondering can I book FP+ in the Magic Kingdom then during the time of the party? Or I've also heard they let you in around 4pm even though it starts at 7pm, so I'm wondering if I could do FP+ during that time period in the MK?

Let me know! :)

There are no FP+ reservations during the parties but you should be able to book them from 4-7pm. You can only book FP+ for as many park passes as you have so if you book your FP on your party day, that will count as one of your park pass days and you won't be able to book for one of your other park days. Does that make since? I'm just not sure you would want to do that. :scratchin

i have a question for anyone with FP+ experience, too.

we've been to disney a few times, but not since the new FP+. we are planning on travelling coming up in january, with another family. both of us are groups of three with two adults and a child under 13.

i saw the information about linking friends and family together, and figured this would be a great thing and allow me to make FP+ selections for all 6 of us.

we got the accounts linked, but i can only see the main account holder, not the husband and daughter. CM on chat is telling me that you can only share independent accounts. that means you can never share a kid and therefore cannot plan matching FP+ without having both families do it, which will be a logistical pain.

is this true? any ideas?

thanks.

From your MDE, you will need to invite everyone in the party.
it will send them an email and the other party will be able to open the email and accept your invitation. It takes a while (and is not the easiest thing in the world to do) but once everyone has accepted, they will all show up and you can book for everyone :thumbsup2

From your MDE, you will need to invite everyone in the party.
it will send them an email and the other party will be able to open the email and accept your invitation. It takes a while (and is not the easiest thing in the world to do) but once everyone has accepted, they will all show up and you can book for everyone :thumbsup2

but that's the problem. the husband doesn't have his own account, but he could make one. i can't invite the daughter, though, because she's under 13 and therefore not allowed to have her own account.

i just can't believe that they created this system to make group planning easy, but didn't think that you'd need to coordinate for kids under 13 when that's such a huge part of the reason many of us go to disney in the first place.

but that's the problem. the husband doesn't have his own account, but he could make one. i can't invite the daughter, though, because she's under 13 and therefore not allowed to have her own account.

i just can't believe that they created this system to make group planning easy, but didn't think that you'd need to coordinate for kids under 13 when that's such a huge part of the reason many of us go to disney in the first place.

I hope I am telling you this right because it has been awhile since I linked accounts. Whomever the reservation is under should already have an account. For example the reservation is in my name, but I control the account for myself, husband and two young children. In the MDE under Family & Friends at the very bottom of the page is change setting button. Make sure your account and your friends account are both set to all other people to see your friends and family list. Once you save it, you should be able to click add guest at the top of the page. Click on from a list of people I know. It should list the other people in the party. I believe a confirmation email is sent and then you should be able to see everyone. You'll need to do this as well as the other family you are traveling with.

I hope I am telling you this right because it has been awhile since I linked accounts. Whomever the reservation is under should already have an account. For example the reservation is in my name, but I control the account for myself, husband and two young children. In the MDE under Family & Friends at the very bottom of the page is change setting button. Make sure your account and your friends account are both set to all other people to see your friends and family list. Once you save it, you should be able to click add guest at the top of the page. Click on from a list of people I know. It should list the other people in the party. I believe a confirmation email is sent and then you should be able to see everyone. You'll need to do this as well as the other family you are traveling with.

Well done! Thank you!

We had both checked our settings to share our friends and family list, and so I assumed the rest of her friends and family would automatically show up. Not so, apparently. I did manually add them as you suggested, worked like a charm! I can now see all three of them, and from what I can tell I will be able to do all the booking I need to go!

Awesome! Kudos to you! Thanks!

Well done! Thank you!

We had both checked our settings to share our friends and family list, and so I assumed the rest of her friends and family would automatically show up. Not so, apparently. I did manually add them as you suggested, worked like a charm! I can now see all three of them, and from what I can tell I will be able to do all the booking I need to go!

Awesome! Kudos to you! Thanks!

Well I'm glad it worked. It took me forever the first time to figure it out. :cool1:

I linked mine 2-3 months ago so I'm not sure I remember exactly how I coodinated the kids' but I thought I was able to request them through the persons email that had control of their account since they were under age.

I know you have to link them both ways. You sending them a request and them sending you one. Hopefully when they send you and your husband a request and you both accept it, the kids will show up. :sad2:

And you are so right, such a pain :badpc:

There are no FP+ reservations during the parties but you should be able to book them from 4-7pm. You can only book FP+ for as many park passes as you have so if you book your FP on your party day, that will count as one of your park pass days and you won't be able to book for one of your other park days. Does that make since? I'm just not sure you would want to do that. :scratchin

Ok thank you! I was wondering that, if it would consider that day using a "park pass" which I'm not, so thanks for the help!

And another random question, if I book a FP+ that I then that day decide not to use and change my mind, and it passes by, is that okay to do? Can I still book another once the 3 are done (even if I didn't physically use it, but it's long gone?)

Ok thank you! I was wondering that, if it would consider that day using a "park pass" which I'm not, so thanks for the help!

And another random question, if I book a FP+ that I then that day decide not to use and change my mind, and it passes by, is that okay to do? Can I still book another once the 3 are done (even if I didn't physically use it, but it's long gone?)

Yes, once all 3 of your FP+ times (whether you use them or not) you can book another one :thumbsup2

My 60 FP+ window opens in about a week. I booked a package and when I look in MDE at my package it lists the people in my party and there 7 day base tickets. When I click the my magicbands and tickets in MDE it only shows my tickets from last year and lists the people who were in my room last year. My party is slightly different this year. When my FP+ window opens is this going to cause me a problem? Should my tickets from my package be showing there. It did let me customize the bands for the correct people it just seems to be incorrect in the tickets link. I am looking on my desktop and not the app.

I would do #1. If you do your 3 FP+ early in the day, you might get RnR as your 4th FP+.

Stacilee, Thanks. Does your recommendation change if both days we would arrive at Studios in early afternon? (I know, it's contrary to my earlier comment about hitting at park opening)

Stacielee, Thanks. Does your recommendation change if both days we would arrive at Studios in early afternoon? (I know, it's contrary to my earlier comment about hitting at park opening)

Probably not. Coming in the afternoon means a LONG wait for TSMM, but not as long for RnR. And there is a single rider line at RnR if you can do that, but I'm not sure how time, if any time that will save. Seems like whenever I go, the SR line always looks so long.

If you do the morning, it's also much easier to get on RnR first thing and have a pretty short line. Not possible at TSMM, that line fills up FAST!!!

I can't believe there are no fast passes left for Toy story mania & rocking roller coaster on 8/26/14! Last week I checked and these dates were open I was trying to book dining to coordinate which park id be at. This is crazy.

one small update to my reply to this. i mentioned before that i did add the guests manually, but i couldn't do so via the website. the website didn't show anyone, but in the MDE app, it had a link for show mutual friends, and it showed up. also, the emails that i got to allow the other family access to my family didn't work. if you clicked on it in a regular browser, it said the page couldn't be found. but if you went into the MDE app, it showed as a notification. on the notification, i could click accept and it all worked like a charm.

thanks again. i would not have expected this to be so complex, but i'm glad i started working on it early so i could get the kinks ironed out before the selection window opened!

I can't believe there are no fast passes left for Toy story mania & rocking roller coaster on 8/26/14! Last week I checked and these dates were open I was trying to book dining to coordinate which park id be at. This is crazy.

Again the more I play with FP and ADRs for this week, the more I fear this last week of August is going to be abnormally busy.

Again the more I play with FP and ADRs for this week, the more I fear this last week of August is going to be abnormally busy.

Or it's Disney's new normal. Because numbers are up and the days of anytime being very low in attendance are gone (for now). Unless it's due to weather (cold/rain) I don't think folks are going to have a feeling of having the place to themselves anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter