Fastpass and Park Tickets"newbie"

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Well--we've been to WDW 60+ times now and never used Fastpass--in fact, we always buy park tickets when we get there. However this time we're taking a WDW "newbie" so it looks like we'll bite the bullet and get some Fastpasses so our friend does not miss out.

Correct me if I am wrong but we must have Park Tickets BEFORE we can do any Fastpassess??

if you stay onsite then you can book FP 60 day out form your first day ( for the whole trip) if staying off site 30 days

have a great trip and welcome to the world of FP

and yes you must have park tickets for the number of day

so 3 day ticket you can do 3 days of FP

7 days 7 days of FP

Yes, you need tickets linked to MDE to "open" the FP booking window.

If offsite, booking is 30-days out from each park day.

I'm onsite--now comes the FastPass planning. I get FastPass for Soarin at 1:00 let's say--then I need to plan what to do BEFORE 1:00 so I am able to get to Soarin at 1:00!!!

And so on--almost seems too complicated. We have friends who used Fastpass last year and they said they were always running from one end of a park to the other just to be on time for a 2 minute ride!!

Oh well--as I said we wouldn't even think of doing this except for our friend who will be making her first and probably only WDW trip---

So now I'll get tickets and attempt to "link" them via MDE...

I'm onsite--now comes the FastPass planning. I get FastPass for Soarin at 1:00 let's say--then I need to plan what to do BEFORE 1:00 so I am able to get to Soarin at 1:00!!!

And so on--almost seems too complicated. We have friends who used Fastpass last year and they said they were always running from one end of a park to the other just to be on time for a 2 minute ride!!

Oh well--as I said we wouldn't even think of doing this except for our friend who will be making her first and probably only WDW trip---

So now I'll get tickets and attempt to "link" them via MDE...
Remember you can arrive for a FP 5 minutes before the return time begins and 15 minutes after the stated ending.

So, if the rides are spaced apart location-wise, go to the first one at the beginning of the return window and the next one towards the end of that respective window. Gives you lots of time to get from one to the other.

You have an hour window plus 5 minutes on the front end, and 15 minutes on the back end. So essentially you have 1hr and 20 minute window to use your FP. Even then, they are pretty flexible. I can walk around the entire park a couple of times in that amount of time. So there should be no rushing involved. You DO NOT have to be there at the exact time your FP window begins. Also keep in mind, that once you used all 3 of your FP selections you can book a 4th one and it doesn't have to be at the same park.

So--there will be 3 of us--that means we EACH get 3 Fastpasses and not just 3 for all 3 of us that day??

So--there will be 3 of us--that means we EACH get 3 Fastpasses and not just 3 for all 3 of us that day??
Correct. Each person can pre-book up to 3 FPs. Then, use the app to book #4 after you finish all 3.

And if someone has a FP that they decide they don't want to use, another person can enjoy the ride by using the FP/MB.

THanks!

Forgive my seeming ignorance but we've never bothered with MDE, Fastpasses, etc so it's all new to me.

THanks!

Forgive my seeming ignorance but we've never bothered with MDE, Fastpasses, etc so it's all new to me.
No worries...it can be overwhelming at first but once you figure it out, you'll never turn back. Be aware though...you can FP any 3 rides at AK and MK, but at Epcot and HS they have the brokens browken down into Tiers. You can only chooe one ride from Tier 1, and 2 rides from Tier 2. Just don't want you to be surprised when you go to book.

Thanks for that heads up!!

I'll be thankful if I can navigate through the entire MDE process!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter