Fast Pass + Light Show = confusion

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
Help! I'm not understanding how a Fast Pass would work for an outdoor parade/light show? I thought you could just watch it from anyplace you could find?

In my humble opinion, the Fast Pass area in World Showcase is not the best place to view the Epcot fireworks. Waste of a Fast Pass. There are no Fast Passes for parades (that I'm aware of)

In my humble opinion, the Fast Pass area in World Showcase is not the best place to view the Epcot fireworks. Waste of a Fast Pass. There are no Fast Passes for parades (that I'm aware of)
I agree. We don't like epcot fireworks FP area either. Much better places along the lagoon to view it.
Rivers of Light FP area is good, but I don't think it's that difficult to get into the show without FP. And once it's near showtime, if the FP area is not filled up they let standby people into the FP area. We've gotten ROL FP day-of as a 4th FP.
Fantasmic is in a stadium-like setting with bench seats, so you don't get in, you can't see the show. ROL is similar, although there are a few spots around the area where you can kinda see from bridges (those wouldn't be great viewing IMO). If we want to see Fantasmic, we just make sure to arrive early to get in.
Fireworks at MK, epcot and Star Wars fireworks/Jingle Bell Jingle Jam at HS you can just walk up and find your own spot. The castle hub area does fill up with tons of people for Happily Ever After, so that's one that you'll want to show up early for to get a good spot with an unobstructed view of the castle.

I agree. We don't like epcot fireworks FP area either. Much better places along the lagoon to view it.
Rivers of Light FP area is good, but I don't think it's that difficult to get into the show without FP. And once it's near showtime, if the FP area is not filled up they let standby people into the FP area. We've gotten ROL FP day-of as a 4th FP.
Fantasmic is in a stadium-like setting with bench seats, so you don't get in, you can't see the show. ROL is similar, although there are a few spots around the area where you can kinda see from bridges (those wouldn't be great viewing IMO). If we want to see Fantasmic, we just make sure to arrive early to get in.
Fireworks at MK, epcot and Star Wars fireworks/Jingle Bell Jingle Jam at HS you can just walk up and find your own spot. The castle hub area does fill up with tons of people for Happily Ever After, so that's one that you'll want to show up early for to get a good spot with an unobstructed view of the castle.

I don't know about Epcot Forever, but wasn't Illuminations "focal point" designed for between the 2 stores at the beginning of world showcase (to be specific, like 10 feet away from the platform along the lagoon)? I ended up catching 3 FPs the last 3 nights of our last trip (because there weren't any other FPs available anyways) and it was great. Even better that you are in the beginning of the floods of people leaving the park afterwards....

My spots to watch Illuminations have usually been near Canada or in front of Norway, but closer to the front of the park is a perk...

I don't know about Epcot Forever, but wasn't Illuminations "focal point" designed for between the 2 stores at the beginning of world showcase (to be specific, like 10 feet away from the platform along the lagoon)? I ended up catching 3 FPs the last 3 nights of our last trip (because there weren't any other FPs available anyways) and it was great. Even better that you are in the beginning of the floods of people leaving the park afterwards....

My spots to watch Illuminations have usually been near Canada or in front of Norway, but closer to the front of the park is a perk...

We also thought the FP area for Illuminations was great. Bonus that it wasn't super crowded and we could sit towards the back right up until the show started and have a great view because the area is sloped.

We never booked it in advance, but if we could get it as a 4th (or later) FP+ we would.

We saw the FP area for EPCOT Forever. Its where you just enter to walk around World Showcase.
Not sure that its that great of viewing there.
There entire show is up off the water and visible from around the lake.
Not sure there is a great benefit to a FP, unless you just want reserved viewing..

The new show takes place entirely in the sky. No need to be in a specific area or against the rail. Just need a clear view of the sky.

The new show takes place entirely in the sky. No need to be in a specific area or against the rail. Just need a clear view of the sky.
but I guess the question is now is if the imagineers took the designing from a specific viewpoint like they did Illuminations......but I still think that having a place to sit down and spread out in a convenient area is always better than squished, standing up, in a random spot....

Faspass don’t sit for the Epcot show though. We were standing right next to it and the fp area looked pretty full. I don’t know if it’s meant to be watched from a certain point of view...the boats go around the entire lake and fireworks look good from any angle...

I’m sure the permanent show coming will have best spots.

Faspass don’t sit for the Epcot show though. We were standing right next to it and the fp area looked pretty full. I don’t know if it’s meant to be watched from a certain point of view...the boats go around the entire lake and fireworks look good from any angle...

I’m sure the permanent show coming will have best spots.

I just meant we sat on the ground until the show started. The FP area had a fantastic view of the globe and the ground was sloped, so people in the back could still see perfectly well over the crowd.
I've only seen the livestream of Epcot Forever, so I don't know how much location matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter