Fantasyland at 2am?!

Skywise

DIS Veteran
Heading to DW this weekend and see that MK EMH hours are til 3am which I plan on making use of.

I don't plan on riding the rides so much but getting some night shots with less crowds would be cool - Do they run the Fantasyland rides that late?

Also would like to see the "good-bye kiss" at the castle - Do they run that at midnight or 3?

Heading to DW this weekend and see that MK EMH hours are til 3am which I plan on making use of.

I don't plan on riding the rides so much but getting some night shots with less crowds would be cool - Do they run the Fantasyland rides that late?

Also would like to see the "good-bye kiss" at the castle - Do they run that at midnight or 3?

Although my experience was a few years ago, the Fantasyland rides did run that late! We did everything and it was almost totally empty. We also met Goofy & Donald then too! I can't speak for the Kiss Goodnight at that time though. I did see it once, but it was an early night in January.

ETA: I do apologize if my infomation is now incorrect; just citing past experiences!

The following attractions at Magic Kingdom are open during Evening Extra Magic Hours:

• Ariel's Grotto » Character greeting venue
  • Astro Orbiter » Buck Rogers-style rockets revolving around a central axis
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad » Tame, western-mining-themed roller coaster
  • Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin » Whimsical space travel-themed indoor ride
  • Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station » Water play area
  • Country Bear Jamboree » Audioanimatronic country-hoedown theater show
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant » Disneyfied midway ride
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle » Interactive character show
  • Frontierland Shootin' Arcade » Electronic shooting gallery
  • it's a small world » World-brotherhood-themed indoor boat ride
  • Jungle Cruise » Outdoor safari-themed boat-ride adventure
  • Mad Tea Party » Midway-type spinning ride
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic » 3-D movie
  • Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor » Interactive animated comedy routines
  • Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Goofy and Donald » Character greeting area
  • Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Minnie and Daisy » Character greeting area
  • Peter Pan's Flight » Indoor track ride
  • Pirates of the Caribbean » Indoor pirate-themed boat ride
  • Prince Charming Regal Carrousel » Merry-go-round
  • Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess » Princess Meet-and-Greet
  • Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess » Princess Meet-and-Greet
  • Space Mountain » Roller coaster in the dark
  • Stitch's Great Escape! » Theater-in-the-round sci-fi adventure show
  • Swiss Family Treehouse » Outdoor walk-through treehouse
  • The Barnstormer » Small roller coaster
  • The Haunted Mansion » Haunted-house dark ride
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin » Elaborate midway ride
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh » Indoor track ride
  • Tomorrowland Speedway » Drive-'em yourself miniature cars
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid » Track ride in the dark
  • Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room » Audioanimatronic Pacific- island musical-theater show.

The Kiss Goodnight show is done every 30 minutes after the park closes. Theoretically, it's supposed to play after EMH are over, but sometimes it plays both for when the park "officially" closes AND when EMH ends.

Yes they do run the rides that late. Last year I got to ride Peter Pan after 2 AM.

We've been on rides that late before. In the past we've enjoyed Thunder Mountain in the dark, which was SUPER awesome :thumbsup2. The princesses even came out and went on the carousel - very cute!

Thanks guys!

(Now if I can just score a tomorrowland dessert party reservation... :lmao: )

Here's a pic of my DD and Dale at 2AM a few years ago

11469007283_61533eb94c_o.jpg

MK evening EMH's are amazing. As long as you're not tired, it's the best time to be in the park. The ambiance at night is amazing. The lines are all walk on (Hello... walk onto Peter Pan!) The temperatures are nice and cool and no sun to worry about.

The only problem is that restaurants are very limited. I think only Cosmic Ray's is open... and possibly Gaston's Tavern. So be aware of that.

We were there last year for a 3am EMH and the line for Peter Pan was still over 60 minutes at 1am. That was the longest line in the entire park. I enjoy simply walking around on those late nights. Of course I'll ride TTA several times though.

We were there last year for a 3am EMH and the line for Peter Pan was still over 60 minutes at 1am. That was the longest line in the entire park. I enjoy simply walking around on those late nights. Of course I'll ride TTA several times though.

Hmm... that might make for a cool video...

MK during late closing nights is one of the best experiences at WDW,just seeing the crowds dissapear until it starts feeling empty is great as is the many opportunities for walk on rides.Last Saturday we started the day at MK,did all four parks and then came back to MK for the fireworks and a 1am closing time.Under the Sea wait time at 1pm,50 minutes so we skipped it but walked right on at 12:30am.From 10pm until 1am we did like 5 rides and Philharmagic and the only thing we waited more than 5 minutes was Big Thunder.

On thanksgiving we were at MK FantasyLand at midnight and I felt like it was night at the museum after closing. Everything was still going on, but it was just us and a few other people, my DS worked that sword for like 10 mins trying to get it out of the stone. One of the best moments, usually you haveto rush him cause someone is waiting. I told him "take your best shot". No go though! :(

One of my best memories of WDW is riding Space Mountain back to back (just me and my son several times over) til 3AM - closing the park down!

MK extra magic hours are my favorite. We were there this past Monday and MK was open till 1 am. We manage to get so many rides done between 9-1 am it was great. I recommend anyone who can stay up late to do it. We got more done in those 4 hours then we did in a normal 8 hour day.

Unfortunately, late night EMH at the MK is not what it used to be.

Just last month (11/24) when EMH extended to 3am, we found long wait times in TomorrowLand even at 2:30am when SM and Buzz still had posted wait times of 30 minutes.

I had an 8 year old who fulfilled the dare to stay up that late who was then disappointed how crowded it still was.

Not complaining, but I don't think that late EMH hours result in as "empty" a park as they use to even just a year ago.

Morning EMH still seemed to hold the advantage for now.

Hubby and I really love the late EMH at the Magic Kingdom. It's kind of like having your own personal theme park. Last year we danced to Christmas music in front of the castle. We also had a private Jungle Cruise. Just wandering around with no one but CMs and enjoying the sights is an incredible experience.

The rides will go until the park closes, aside from any breakdowns ect. Fantasyland is break to visit as late as possible since most families with little kids have already left by 1am-2am :)

We have been to EMH until 3am and it's fantastic, it feels almost magical been in MK that late. We will be there Sunday arriving right before the dessert party and staying until closing. We plan to spend the day at the hotel relaxing, put DD down for a nap at 4, wake her at 6p, have dinner and go to the MK at around 8p to do the dessert party. Sooo excited! :cool1:

They sure do. My brother always told me it was the best time for riding Dumbo with his little ones, as so many of the other little kids are in bed and lines are short. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter