Fantasy 7-night Western Caribbean w/Star Wars Day Rotational Dining Question

Thanks for the report - I'm looking forward to seeing the first confirmed details within a couple of weeks from the first SWDAS sailing! We are also going to shoot for Animator's on SW Day as well, just in case there's something different to see. There is not usually a "formal night" special menu from my recollection, and should be the standard rotational dinner for that restaurant, unless they make it the Prince/Princess Dinner. Possible, but I doubt it. We are actually eating at Palo on that night, and Remy on the 4th night after Grand Cayman.

The most recent rumor is that there will not be a Pirate Menu or Fireworks on night 3, but dressing up will still be encouraged and there will be a show on deck.

We'll know for sure shortly!!

Just to follow up on this thread...I called DCL and they confirmed that the dining rotations for the Star Wars cruises are the following:

1) RAERAAE (Formal night (day 2) at Animator's palate, Pirate Night at Enchanted Garden, Star Wars Day at Sea at Animators. CM confirmed the Crush show will be happening during formal night and the Animation Magic show will be on night 6. The rest will be standard rotational menu)

2) AERAEER (First night will be Crush show at Animators, followed by Formal night at Enchanted Garden, Pirate Night at Royal Court, Animation Magic on Night 4, Star Wars Day at Sea at Enchanted Garden and then standard rotational for the rest.)

3) ERAERRA (Formal night at Royal Court, Pirate Night at Animators, Star Wars Day at Sea at Royal Court, and Animation Magic on last night. Everything else is standard rotational. I assume the Crush show will be replaced by Pirate show in this rotation?)

The CM said the SWDAS didn't really affect the dining rotations so it doesn't seem like there is a new rotation just for these cruises. Hopefully those of you who are on the first couple of Star Wars cruises will be able to confirm.
Right now we have requested Rotation 1. I thought having SWDAS at Animators would be kinda fun. I'm hoping there's a possibility they will play some Star Wars movies on the screen but the CM didn't know anything about that (it would be a nice surprise though!). I have scheduled Remy dinner for Pirate Night which is in Enchanted Garden. Hopefully I've made the right choice but I won't mind if we end up with something else. I'm just excited for the cruise! 47 more days for us!!

Do you know if for the last MDR night, is it the standard rotational menu or the See you Real soon menu? I hate to miss one of the MDR standard menu if one of the MDR is going to be Pirate Menu/See you real soon

So perhaps this

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 – Pirate menu
Night 4 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP or Animation if rotation AER
Night 5 - Star Wars Day at Sea
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

So perhaps this

Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 – Pirate menu
Night 4 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP or Animation if rotation AER
Night 5 - Star Wars Day at Sea
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation if in AP

I believe you are right! Now that I think about it, I will be in AP on Night 6 which is the Animation show, so I will miss the Captain's Gala menu. Does anyone know if they will still serve lobster in AP that night? My sister will throw a fit if we miss lobster because that is literally her most favorite thing to eat in the world. LOL.

I believe you are right! Now that I think about it, I will be in AP on Night 6 which is the Animation show, so I will miss the Captain's Gala menu. Does anyone know if they will still serve lobster in AP that night? My sister will throw a fit if we miss lobster because that is literally her most favorite thing to eat in the world. LOL.

Actually I think I found the answer to my question. If you're in AP for the Animation show you will get a version of whatever menu is for that night, including Pirate Dinner, See ya real soon, and Captains Gala. So it looks like we'll be having lobster after all! Whew.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/11/animators-palate-animation-magic-dinner-disney-fantasy/

Thanks for the report - I'm looking forward to seeing the first confirmed details within a couple of weeks from the first SWDAS sailing! We are also going to shoot for Animator's on SW Day as well, just in case there's something different to see. There is not usually a "formal night" special menu from my recollection, and should be the standard rotational dinner for that restaurant, unless they make it the Prince/Princess Dinner. Possible, but I doubt it. We are actually eating at Palo on that night, and Remy on the 4th night after Grand Cayman.

The most recent rumor is that there will not be a Pirate Menu or Fireworks on night 3, but dressing up will still be encouraged and there will be a show on deck.

We'll know for sure shortly!!

Hi Disneygirll55! So excited for our cruises! What is the prince/princess dinner exactly?

Just realized we have booked Remy for our 4th night too, instead of Pirate night. We will be skipping Royal Court which means we'll only be eating there once during our cruise. I hear you can get breakfast at Royal Court too so maybe we'll do that so we can eat there more than once. I have also booked Remy and Palo brunches for our days at sea. So excited!!

I heard too that Pirate night will have no fireworks because they are saving that for SWDAS. I wonder if they will still have a midnight buffet though?

The prince/princess dinner is usually the 4th night (Tuesday) - so it wouldn't surprise me, if they don't have the Pirate menu, to still have Prince/Princess on Tuesday. That would make total sense, for each MDR to have its own specialty menu for the first three nights as they always do (no pirate menu), then follow up with Prince/Princess on night 4, Star Wars on night 5, Captain's Gala on night 6, and Sea ya Real Soon on night 7.

We usually skip Prince and Princess night - it always seems like a logical night to skip, since we have a son who has no interest in princesses. But here is a link to the menu from someone's sailing this past October.
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/prince-princess-dinner-menu/

We are planning the same dining rotation as you, Chunkymonkey! We will skip night 2 (Sunday) for Palo and night 4 (Tuesday) for Remy. We are having Remy Brunch on Sunday, first day at sea, and Palo Brunch on Thursday, final day at sea. In addition, we are going to go to the Petite Assiettes de Remy (small plates dinner) on the first night if it is offered. We won't know until we're on board, since they don't take advance ressies for that one. It's traditionally been at 6:00, so then we'll go to late dining at 8:15 at Royal Court. Although we might not be very hungry, we'll still get a chance to meet our servers, and spend dinner time with DS.

We have already booked the Remy dessert experience for our final sea day on Thursday. I think you CAN get advance reservations for that one. At least concierge was able to book us for that one, even if they couldn't do the Petite Assiettes tasting reservation. These two Remy experiences are the reason we've chosen late dining, which I'm nervous about, since we've always had main seating. In real life, we eat around 6:00 or 6:30, so with the time change, I hope it's not too weird.

We are foodies, so we're anxious to try everything we can.

LOL about the midnight buffet. Out of five cruises, we've only managed to stay up for the buffet one time, and then I think we were too sleepy to appreciate it. I have no delusions that I'll be awake to enjoy it this cruise either. I'm REALLY looking forward to whatever tidbits you are going to throw our way either from the cruise ship or shortly after your return. I'm SOOOOO excited that your cruise is almost here! We will be in double digits at the end of the week. I can't believe it's finally nearly here!

Not sure if I can help with this but it stuck in my mind and now that we are off the first SWDAS cruise I can report on some! We had RAERAAE. Pirate night menu didn't exist for us, captains gala did and there was lobster on the menu. That was our third Animators Palate meal. It was the night the drawings came to life as well. SWDAS was at AP, special menu but nothing special on the screens. Any other questions I can and answer! I didn't keep navigators and the days blend but with hubby's help I should be able to figure it out!

I felt swdas was very underwhelming. Just a special menu at dinner character meet and greets you can see in the parks and guests dressed up as Star Wars characters. The fireworks were pretty neat but the deck party was really just each character briefly walking out on stage and then leaving. Hopefully they tweak it for the remaining ones.

Our rotation was ERAERRA. I took pics of the Star Wars menu and will get them posted tomorrow hopefully. I had the Storm trooper flatbread, which was great. The Han Solo caramel sundae was by far the most popular dessert!

I saw that dessert. It looks so. Good

We are cruising in March 19th, Fantasy.
Day 1 - 3/19 - Casual
Day 2 - 3/20 - Formal
Day 3 - 3/21 - Pirate
Day 4 - 3/22 - Casual
Day 5 - 3/23 - Star Wars
Day 6 - 3/24 - Semi Formal
Day 7 - 3/25 - Casual

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter