Fantastic Walgreens iTunes/Apple Store gift cards deal. Up to 25% off.

robinb

DIS veteran
I just stopped in Walgreens to buy an iTunes gift card for a teen birthday present and snagged this deal.

Buy and 2 iTunes/Apple Store gift cards for $20 (or more) each and get a free $10 Walgreens gift card. I purchased 2 $20 cards (the type of cards where you can select your own value) and I received a free $10 gift card. That's a 25% savings! I suspect that I could churn the Wags gift cards if I wanted to and purchase another $40 of iTunes cards for $30 + $10 and get another $10 back if I needed more cards.

If you buy higher value cards (like the $25 or $50 cards) it's the same $10 Wags card promo so the best discount is with the $20 cards.

I just stopped in Walgreens to buy an iTunes gift card for a teen birthday present and snagged this deal.

Buy and 2 iTunes/Apple Store gift cards for $20 (or more) each and get a free $10 Walgreens gift card. I purchased 2 $20 cards (the type of cards where you can select your own value) and I received a free $10 gift card. That's a 25% savings! I suspect that I could churn the Wags gift cards if I wanted to and purchase another $40 of iTunes cards for $30 + $10 and get another $10 back if I needed more cards.

If you buy higher value cards (like the $25 or $50 cards) it's the same $10 Wags card promo so the best discount is with the $20 cards.

is it only if your purchase itune cards? Wal green cards can be used to purchase other giftcards??? I'm interested in this

is it only if your purchase itune cards? Wal green cards can be used to purchase other giftcards??? I'm interested in this
The Walgreens giftcards can be used to buy anything in Walgreens. The card reads: "This card redeemable only for merchandise and services at Walgreens Drugstores, Rxepress or Walgreens Pharmacies in the US and Puerto Rico (as well as online photo purchases).

I could not find this advertised in my Sunday circular.

Was this an in-store only special? Just wondering, as I would stop by the store this morning to check on it.

I could not find this advertised in my Sunday circular.

Was this an in-store only special? Just wondering, as I would stop by the store this morning to check on it.
Hmmm ... I don't know. All the iTunes/Apple Store card displays had regular Walgreens sales signs on them. Please report back if it's not in your area and I'll change my subject to "YMMV".

I wonder if I could use the Apple Store ones on a new iPhone :scratchin. I wish I were eligible for a new one this year because I would stock up on a bunch of them :thumbsup2.

Hmmm ... I don't know. All the iTunes/Apple Store cards had signs on them. Please report back if it's not in your area and I'll change my subject to "YMMV".

Will do. I hope it's the same deal here. I'll hurry with my morning walk, then head over to Walgreens to see what's up there.

Oh, and thanks for posting!

I checked at two Walgreens in my area (suburb of Chicago) and they did not have that deal :sad2:.

Edited to add: yes, I see it now in the ad circular. I didn't think to ask at the store; I think I was expecting a sign by the gift cards. Oops!

Sorry for posting back so late in the day....

Anyway, I went to the store, and of course, there was no sign. I asked the clerk at the register if there was a promo for the gift cards, and she pulled out the circular to look. After the first page or so, I immediately spotted the ad and brought it to her attention. She said, "That's a great deal!", and I agreed. ;)

So, if you don't see a display or sign, let the clerk know that it is in the circular.

The promo also applied to Steak 'n Shake, Facebook Games, and Jiffy Lube---buy two cards with a minimum purchase of $20 per card, and get one $10 Walgreens card, free.

Sorry for posting back so late in the day.... Anyway, I went to the store, and of course, there was no sign. I asked the clerk at the register if there was a promo for the gift cards, and she pulled out the circular to look. After the first page or so, I immediately spotted the ad and brought it to her attention. She said, "That's a great deal!", and I agreed. ;) So, if you don't see a display or sign, let the clerk know that it is in the circular. The promo also applied to Steak 'n Shake, Facebook Games, and Jiffy Lube---buy two cards with a minimum purchase of $20 per card, and get one $10 Walgreens card, free.
thanks for reporting back! Is it in the regular print ad that is usually in the paper or the ad booklet?

thanks for reporting back! Is it in the regular print ad that is usually in the paper or the ad booklet?

It's in the ad that runs in Sunday's paper. It's on page 7, next to a sale on neck pillows and travel blanket and a Crayola ad at the bottom of the page. I didn't notice it this morning in my haste looking through the circular.

Thanks for the tip; I just saw it in our weekly ad. I will be doing it tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter