Fantasmic Package...frustrated!

*~PrincessBelle~*

DIS Veteran
How is that the fantasmic lunch pkg was just announced and when I called Poly IPO today to book for September the pkg's are already sold out? Have they always been selling tix for the lunch pkg as well as dinner? :confused3

this is the first i heard of it. but there is the possibility it hasnt been loaded into the system yet. last year we had a huge thread on here for those of us travelling in the fall and at our 90 day window the F! packages werent loaded into the system, and we were told more often than not they were full already. finally after many of us called them over and over and over and probablyharassed them to death, 9 days after my booking date they opened them up. perhaps just keep trying?

When I called in April to book our F! adr for October she offered me the choice of lunch or dinner - that was the first I had heard of it.

Disney has just announced the change, but as the others have said, the packages have been available for a while.

So i called at 7am today to book the Fantasmic dining package for Monday DECEMBER 13th, and all i could get was 2:45pm for a party of 2! I know it's the same menu, and i will still get the preferred seating...but being on the dining plan, i wanted this to be closer to dinner time so i wouldn't have to use another TS or pay OOP for an actual dinner that evening. They had later ADR's for the other 2 restaurants, but i wanted Mama Melrose. Yet another party i'm traveling with (party of 6) was able to get a 3:45 ADR. Really....at 183 days out, i can't do better than 2:45?! Just frustrated!!

Those Fantasmic DP go fast now that they only show Fantasmic a few times a week.

I was able to get a 4:30pm ADR.

Is Fantasmic showing at 7:30pm in Dec? It does seem like an early time. Maybe have a larger breakfast, large lunch and then smaller dinner after Fantasmic.

I know how you feel. I was unable to get an ADR at all. I called 180 days out but there was nothing available for either of the F days that we will be there. Of course the cm told me to call back and maybe something will open up.

We've decided to use our TS that day for a late lunch and then use our CS for dinner which we will eat while waiting for the show. Any dis veterans want to give comments on this plan?

I called Disney today for an ADR for F! dinner package for Dec 15 Weds and the agent told me there was no avalibility for any of the rest on the package. I have an ADR already for H&V at 4:30 - I guess I will keep it but what is going on. I have never had any porblems before. We went last Aug and called at the 90 day mark and was able to get the package no problem even with limited showings of F!

Any thought?

Thanks

Fantasmic is at 6:30 the week we are there...so maybe that is the reason for the lack of ADR's for the dinner package...b/c it IS so early..less slots for dinner? (all i wanted was a 3:30, 3:45ish ADR!)

Fantasmic can be a bear to to reserve. There were three threads started about the headaches of this reservation today alone.

I brought them all together so everyone could commiserate and share tips in one place.

We were at WDW Jan 2010...and we had NO problem booking the F! package for dinner at the 90 day mark either!! There was only one show a night last Jan, and they were early as well...i don't get whats up with it this year!!

So i called at 7am today to book the Fantasmic dining package for Monday DECEMBER 13th, and all i could get was 2:45pm for a party of 2! I know it's the same menu, and i will still get the preferred seating...but being on the dining plan, i wanted this to be closer to dinner time so i wouldn't have to use another TS or pay OOP for an actual dinner that evening. They had later ADR's for the other 2 restaurants, but i wanted Mama Melrose. Yet another party i'm traveling with (party of 6) was able to get a 3:45 ADR. Really....at 183 days out, i can't do better than 2:45?! Just frustrated!!

We got 1:30 for 12/11...supposedly that's all they had.

How is that the fantasmic lunch pkg was just announced and when I called Poly IPO today to book for September the pkg's are already sold out? Have they always been selling tix for the lunch pkg as well as dinner? :confused3

I tried to book a F! package back in May for September and there wasn't anything available for lunch or dinner. The CM on the phone told me about the package and looked at all 3 restaurants for both days we are going to be there and there was absolutely NO availability. :confused3 However, for us it turned out okay b/c we decided to go to HS another day completely and miss F! I am a little bummed but DD#2 gets scared easily and after reading about it I think she would be too freaked out. Oh well, we'll be back!

My 180 day window was this AM, I was up and on the phone at 6:00 (central time)...Looking for a Fantasmic package for Dec. 11 (our arrival day) got a MM reservation at 3:05, lunch...my mom called at the same time and got a 4:30 H & V, when I spoke to the CM she said that the ONLY "dinner"packages were from 3:30-4:30, the rest were lnch due to the early showing of F!

I am SO happy that waking up early worked for me...I just keep my fingers crossed that we don't have a flight delay!!! YIKES!!!!

We were interested in the F! dining package for 12/11, but when I looked at the menus, we weren't crazy about the 3 restaurants, so we booked a late lunch at the 50s dinner for 1pm and then have dinner reservations at the Captains Grille over at the Yatch Club for 8pm.

At least there is 3 of us, so one person can hold seats while the other walks DD around before the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter