Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

My son got the tofu last night (pictured below). I think a slab of tofu is an apt description. It has more a coating of spices (BBQ rub) than actual sauce on it. He ate maybe half of the pieces and said it was ok, not great. He enjoyed the tater tots a lot though and wished there were more of them! He also ate cornbread and part of a huge biscuit from the bread service.

The adult tofu dish is much better with the tofu mixed with roasted veggies and actual BBQ sauce. I was able to order for my meal off the regular menu.

View attachment 673349
Thank you for this review. I think by the time we make it to Fantasmic (3rd day) my vegetarian will be very tired of Beyoned Meat. Having a bit more variety will make her very happy

Do you put ages in when you book the premium view? I wonder if they try to get kiddos up front.

I also mostly believe that names get printed on the cards and then they are placed completely randomly

Do you put ages in when you book the premium view? I wonder if they try to get kiddos up front.

I also mostly believe that names get printed on the cards and then they are placed completely randomly
No, it didn't ask.

I am confused about the River Belle standard package. When you show up for your reservation and ask to be upgraded to the Fantasmic option, do you now order from the same menu as offered for the premium seating? I have been trying to find the menu for the standard package but every review I find that has a menu was doing the premium option.

Anyone here with experience with the standard package yet?

Edit to add:

All of my questions were answered when I checked the Disneyland site again. Not sure how I missed it the first time.

Savor a delectable Southern-style meal at lunch or dinner and receive a voucher admitting you to a separate reserved viewing location for one of the 2 Fantasmic! performances that evening.

You can choose from our regular menu or from special items offered only to Fantasmic! Dining Package Guests.

River Belle Terrace lunch or dinner Guests can request the Standard Package from their server. It cannot be reserved in advance. Availability is limited.

I am confused about the River Belle standard package. When you show up for your reservation and ask to be upgraded to the Fantasmic option, do you now order from the same menu as offered for the premium seating? I have been trying to find the menu for the standard package but every review I find that has a menu was doing the premium option.

Edit to add:

All of my questions were answered when I checked the Disneyland site again. Not sure how I missed it the first time.
The reviews I have seen are different menus. Check out
They show the menu for the standard!

Edit to add:

Thanks for doing the research for us :). I also have read that page and not really absorbed that line!

I wish it was the same for Hungry Bear!

When you say the view wasn’t the best, it was still ok? Like you still got the gist of the show and a good view of characters on the boats and the dragon? My daughter hasn’t seen it since right before she turned 8, she will be just before 12 on this trip and so I want a good view for her.
You could definitely follow the storyline. I could see the dragon, boats, and all the characters quite well. It really was just the projections that didn't seem as good to me. But I also have not seen Fantasmic in decades so I might not have a good comparison.

I’m really confused about the table seating as well. Like with it being preassigned, I’m wondering if it’s based on party size? Like are small parties more likely to get tables on the railing?
There was a mix of smaller and larger parties at the railing last night. We were the only party of 2, next to us was a party of 6. There was one large party (8+) in the back.

We did learn there was one couple who checked in behind us that were able to get same day reservations as a walk up due to a cancellation. I saw that they were seated in the back row.
In the past I think it was based on order of reservations made. Our big April 2020 trip that was (obviously) canceled included this dining, I had made it via phone when you could do so through disney dining. I had requested the railing and the cast member said it was based on order of calls and I was one of the first so it wouldn’t be a problem, although she couldn’t promise. So I’m wondering how it’s figured out now.

That could very well be. I did randomly book pretty early on the day they released the reservations (by lucking out and seeing here that things were opening).
Again, thanks for the thorough review. That dessert looks 💯!

They were yummy. Be sure to save some room. My kid and I both still feel full the next day.

The reviews I have seen are different menus. Check out
They show the menu for the standard!

You’re right. That menu does look different.

Well, regardless looks like there is plenty to choose from and my family will be happy with what they showed in the video. Thanks for sharing!

Greetings,
I’ve got 5 days to decide if premium RBT is worth it. For background, party of 5 Disney adults - but I’ll argue on my picky 10 year old sons behalf that he is still a child :)

Also, weve seen Fantasmic a couple times @ WDW.

We are dedicating our 4 park nights to specifically see fireworks, WOC, MSEP, Fantasmic - 1 on each night.

Is it worth it? Seems stalking a spot for 2 hours vs paying extra $125 has some value?

Greetings,
I’ve got 5 days to decide if premium RBT is worth it. For background, party of 5 Disney adults - but I’ll argue on my picky 10 year old sons behalf that he is still a child :)

Also, weve seen Fantasmic a couple times @ WDW.

We are dedicating our 4 park nights to specifically see fireworks, WOC, MSEP, Fantasmic - 1 on each night.

Is it worth it? Seems stalking a spot for 2 hours vs paying extra $125 has some value?
It is so hard to define worth for another family. For me and my kid, it was absolutely worth it. But we were just two people. I probably would not do it for 5 people when cheaper packages are available. I think you have to weigh what other things you might be able to do with the savings.

I'll say that there appeared to be some folks who just walked up the roped off area in front of where we were seated at RBT just before the first show started. I don't know if they were stand by or if they had one of the other packages (I'm guessing this as they didn't get told to move). They stood for the show just outside the rope.

We did the premium dining package for Fantasmic last night and I thought I'd share a few details for those wondering about it.

We had a party of two (one adult/one child) and we checked in on the app after walking over around 7 pm. I noticed some folks waiting on the side of the restaurant (near adventureland) and we were eventually directed that this is where check in would happen.

As other have said, tables were already assigned and we lucked out to have one by the railing. The table had a paper placard with our last name, as well as special lanyards, which my kid loved.

View attachment 673354

Our waiter quickly took our drink orders. I noticed that the menu had bread service added, which I don't think I've seen mentioned before. It was a basket of cornbread and large biscuits with sweet butter.

View attachment 673351View attachment 673353

The waiter confirmed that we could order off the regular menu. I had the salad and got the BBQ tofu dish on from the standard menu as I've enjoyed that in the past. My son also got the tofu (see my post above). He had the pudding for dessert and I had the raspberry chocolate dome thing, which was very unique! It had layers of berries, raspberry cake, and mango sorbet inside the ball.

View attachment 673359 View attachment 673358

The service was excellent and we felt totally catered to all evening. My son got a huge kick out of it as he loves anything where he feels like a VIP. I was worried that he'd be bored waiting so long for the show, but we only had about 20 minutes left to wait by the time we finished dessert.

The show itself was wonderful. I thought the view from the railing was good, but not great. You are kind of in the middle between two of the water projection areas and I"m guessing the projections would look better if you are directly in front. The stream of people walking in front of us was a bit distracting but we could easily see over them.

If the view is the most important thing to you, I'd skip the premium dining. For us, it was totally worth it. There were already people sitting in the other dining package areas along Rivers of America when we took our seats and I doubt my antsy kiddo would have managed waiting 2+ hours if we had done the Hungry Bear package. Hopefully once all the newness of the return dies down those packages won't require showing up so early.
Thanks for the wonderful review and pictures! We're doing this in June. We did it in 2019 and didn't like the food very much so it's good to know we can order off the regular menu if we want to.

Help! I'm hearing that Fantasmic will only be on the weekends during Halloween time.
Is this true?
We'll be there from 10/17 to 10/21.

Help! I'm hearing that Fantasmic will only be on the weekends during Halloween time.
Is this true?
We'll be there from 10/17 to 10/21.
Likely yes if it follows the old pattern. Unfortunately Disneyland is not like Disney world where all nighttime entertainment runs nightly. At Disneyland during non summer times, winter holiday season and spring break big entertainment like fireworks and fantasmic only happen on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. The only show that consistently runs nightly is world of color.

I’m trying to pick the best option for my trip and it’s all so confusing. I have both HB and the RBT standard package booked, but am now reconsidering. The HB menu just doesn’t appeal to us, plus it’s for the later show. And I’m having a hard time justifying the price for RBT if I still have to stake out a spot hours before the show. What are the chances of getting a spot with the RBT voucher if I arrive 30 minutes before? What is my chance of getting standby seating for the second show if I arrive 45 minutes before? I’ve got little kids and they are not capable of long waits at the end of a long day.

I’m trying to pick the best option for my trip and it’s all so confusing. I have both HB and the RBT standard package booked, but am now reconsidering. The HB menu just doesn’t appeal to us, plus it’s for the later show. And I’m having a hard time justifying the price for RBT if I still have to stake out a spot hours before the show. What are the chances of getting a spot with the RBT voucher if I arrive 30 minutes before? What is my chance of getting standby seating for the second show if I arrive 45 minutes before? I’ve got little kids and they are not capable of long waits at the end of a long day.
It is more doable with the little kids than you might think - get some glow sticks and/or bubble wands and it can really help the time fly. Plus some special snacks/treats to eat while waiting can help.

That is our plan this trip, and it has worked pretty well in previous trips. If you have two adults (or a responsible teenager), you can also make sure the little ones have bathroom breaks too.

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I might've missed this, but if you have a lunch reservation at RBT and upgrade to the standard package, can you request the second showing? Our ideal plan would be lunch at RBT, purchase the standard package, but have the viewing reservations for the second show. Any one know if this is possible?

Alternatively if anyone is thinking about canceling their premium package for 6/12, let me know!

Thanks!

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I might've missed this, but if you have a lunch reservation at RBT and upgrade to the standard package, can you request the second showing? Our ideal plan would be lunch at RBT, purchase the standard package, but have the viewing reservations for the second show. Any one know if this is possible?

Alternatively if anyone is thinking about canceling their premium package for 6/12, let me know!

Thanks!
You can request the voucher you want.

It is more doable with the little kids than you might think - get some glow sticks and/or bubble wands and it can really help the time fly. Plus some special snacks/treats to eat while waiting can help.

That is our plan this trip, and it has worked pretty well in previous trips. If you have two adults (or a responsible teenager), you can also make sure the little ones have bathroom breaks too.
Thank you for the insight. I`ll be sure to pick up a few treats! For planning purposes, what's the latest time I can line up and reasonably expect to get a spot using the RBT voucher for the 9:00 show? It doesn't have to be the greatest spot, but a spot. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter