• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic dinner reservations????? HELP!!!

ilovemytink

Earning My Ears
Okay. We are going to WDW in June and need to make a final decision about Mama Melrose or Hollywood and Vine.

Here's the question: Which restaurant is better? I DO NOT want to have to eat gross food! Is there anything worse than paying for something that you won't eat?
:banana:

If anyone has any info about either of these two restaurants, please let me know. We do have reservations at H&V, but the reviews we've read are from 2005 and not that great. Need an updated opinion.

Thanks!!!!

Okay. We are going to WDW in June and need to make a final decision about Mama Melrose or Hollywood and Vine.

Here's the question: Which restaurant is better? I DO NOT want to have to eat gross food! Is there anything worse than paying for something that you won't eat?
:banana:

If anyone has any info about either of these two restaurants, please let me know. We do have reservations at H&V, but the reviews we've read are from 2005 and not that great. Need an updated opinion.

Thanks!!!!

We are going to WDW May 26- June 1. I too was unsure as to which to pick. I saw as much good and bad about both. But we went with Mama Melrose because we are already eating at a few buffet type places and dh wanted a true sit down meal.

Good luck with your choice and have great trip :)

On our last trip we had meals at Mama Melrose and Hollywood and Vine. I would recommend Mama Melrose. Both the food and the enviroment were much better at Mama Melrose. The food at Hollywood and Vine is buffet style and it has a cafeteria setting. Good luck making your decision!:goodvibes

Mama Melrose is the best of the two--in our opinion. The advantage is you get table service, freshly prepared food, Interesting flavors and atmosphere. The only thing is that you probably shouldn't go with people who just want "normal" food. Not that there is anything too out of the ordinary, but it's italian (or New York italian) so some of the menu items may have a slightly adventurous ingredient or two (goat cheese, calamata olives, etc.) I say this because the last time we were there with a meat-and-potatoes, mac and cheese, burgers only type person, and he did NOT like it. The rest of us thought it was wonderful.

As for Hollywood and Vine--it is not bad--we've never had a bad meal there. It just was not special in any way. Some good basic food. It is buffet--so you can have your fill, and you can each find something worth eating. You can also eat at your own pace--no waiting for them to bring your food, and you can leave when you are ready. The disadvantage of HV is that of any buffet--food that's hot, but not freshly prepared to order (made for the masses), and everybody in your party is up and around, so you can't just sit and relax.

Bottom line, I don't think you will go wrong in either place. No place has ever served us "gross" food. We like MM better, but it all depends on the palate of your group, and what you want out of the meal.

We did the Fantasmic DP at H&V in Sept. '04 and were very disappointed. I would never eat there again. Our service was terrible, and the food was even worse! There was a lot of food, but the quality was on par with what I ate in college. :scared: I don't know if it was just the night we were there, but we felt like we wasted our money. This year we're trying Mama's.

Thanks for the input. I do think we will switch reservations to Mamma Melrose's. I am really not a fan of cafeteria-type food and don't want to pay $23.00 per person for that type of food. Thanks!!! pixiedust: :thanks: :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter