Fantasmic Dinner Package vs. Sci Fi

MicViv

Earning My Ears
Taking some first timers to WDW this November... We currently have a Fantasmic Dinner Package at MM for 3 p.m. But we also were able to get into the Sci Fi at 4 p.m. Although I love the food at MM... I think the Sci Fi would be a unique experience for our Group of 6 (2 kids- 8 and 4)... Is the Fantasmic FP dinner package worth it? What would you do?

Taking some first timers to WDW this November... We currently have a Fantasmic Dinner Package at MM for 3 p.m. But we also were able to get into the Sci Fi at 4 p.m. Although I love the food at MM... I think the Sci Fi would be a unique experience for our Group of 6 (2 kids- 8 and 4)... Is the Fantasmic FP dinner package worth it? What would you do?

I'm thinking about dropping the Fantasmic dinner package... I know it's a great deal/value... excellent food... but i think the Sci Fi is unique... plus I can always wait for fantasmic early while the others explore, right? If it was adults I think MM all the way.. Plus its so early in the day to eat such a big meal...

I would pick SciFi. The atmosphere is very unique....its nice and quiet in there. We always liked the food: spinach dip (do they still offer this?), wings, onion rings, burgers and shakes are all my faves. Special mention to the oreo shake, OMG its heaven! Its one of our fave places to dine. The two kids will love it!

We love the Fantasmic package seating location and actually book two packages every year on our trips. Even though we have seen the show over 20 times, we still love it and want to be in those seats for it-some would call it crazy but that show IS WDW to me. How about trying for Sci-Fi at 11 and have apps or a light lunch and then early dinner at MM at 3?

The fantasmic dinner package seating is seriously front row center seats...absolutely fanstastic seats for the show! On the other hand mama melrose food was really not good at all...the smell of the restaurant smelt like a burning smell too (I have asthma and had a little trouble breathing when we walked into the restaurant)...this could of just been an off day that we ate there though, we haven't been back to eat there again though. I honestly thought the food at Olive Garden is better than Mama Melrose, but thats just our opinion. Sci Fi though is an awesome atmosphere! I loved sitting in the cars watching the old "horror" movie flicks, lol. The food was really really good and my family just loved it. I guess it depends what it more important to you. Just to let you know Fantasmic stadium is HUGE so you can more than likely get this as a 4th FP or you could more than likely you do stand by for this show as well, just make sure you get there at least an hour prior to show time.

I was debating the same thing. We really want the package, but also wanted the kids to experience Sci Fi. I ended up making a lunchtime reservation at Sci Fi. I think we'll go just for shakes and fries and then keep the the MM F! package for dinner.

My 2 cents. This year my son's only request was that we eat at Sci Fi (he was 15). He remembered it from when he was 8. It killed me not getting the MM package, but as his only request I felt obligated.

We went, we sat, we ate..... and we did not enjoy. My daughters (6 yr) did not enjoy the movies. Some were old horror flicks and just not entertaining for them and somewhat scary (so wish they would just play classic Mickey shows). I did know about the movies ahead of time but really didn't think anything of it. The food was ok, but really not that enjoyable. The shakes were good.

We all agreed we won't be going back to Sci Fi. Especially since we gave up MM to go there.

We (family of 4 with 2 boys) have done F! many times. Several with dining package at HBD, once at MM. We have done Sci Fi or 50s then F! (without package, of course).
For your situation, I highly recommend the 4p Sci Fi. Sci Fi is a spectacular experience for the kids. They will probably remember that more than F! (which may be too loud and confusing for both). The Sci Fi food is also probably more to a child's palate. The burgers are very good. Also, 4p is a better time to eat dinner than 3p.
Since you are going in November, you should be able to head to the theater about 30 minutes early and get a good seat. Take dessert with you and relax and enjoy the show.

No one in my family liked Sci Fi. They all thought the food was terrible - including my two 11 year old daughters. We would not go back. So, I would keep the F! package.

My DS5 loves Fantasmic. He likes it much more than Sci-Fi.

I had the same issue last year, and I went ahead and booked MM Fantasmic package for lunch at 11:30. Then I booked Sci-Fi for around 5:30. It was just myself and DS4 at the time. We split a burger at Sci-Fi, and I also had a salad.

I thought DS would love Sci-Fi, but he didn't seem too impressed! So I guess you never know. To us, the package is well-worth it because of the center seats, but then again, we really love Fantasmic!

Sci-Fi is one of our favorite restaurants! Unique atmosphere, and surprisingly some of the the best food we've had on property. It's a can't-miss for us.

We used to love MM, but had bad experiences in both 2014 and 2015. The F! Dining Package is great, however, if you don't want to wait for decent seats for the show. If you don't mind showing up early for F!, I'd say go with Sci-Fi.

My daughters (6 yr) did not enjoy the movies. Some were old horror flicks and just not entertaining for them and somewhat scary (so wish they would just play classic Mickey shows). I did know about the movies ahead of time but really didn't think anything of it.

Curious about these movies... Would it be totally inappropriate to bring a 4 year old and a 2 year old? One of my husband's very few requests was Sci Fi. I hadn't thought twice about the movies.

Nicolemb... I hadn't either... We went a few years ago with a group under age 6 and they didn't seem to mind/notice the movies either way...

We just booked our next trip and the ONLY place my 13 DD wants reservations for is Sci Fi. The atmosphere is unique and the food is great. I would choose Sci Fi over the Fantasmic package because no matter where we have sat at the show, the seats are fine. You will see the entire show no matter where you are. Also, we prefer to sit higher up as it is a nightmare laving the show - and the closer you sit to the front, the more likely you are to get wet, and it is not exactly refreshing... The restaurants that are included with the Fantasmic package are nothing to blog home about. Italian food shouldn't even be eaten south of NJ...

Also, Sci Fi doesn't show a full movie, just clips of movies, short cartoons, commercials. They are appropriate for all ages. Most likely, you will see the same clips again depending on how much time you spend sitting there. My DD enjoys the familiarity of the same clips coming up again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter