• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantansy Refund

TheWitherington's

Earning My Ears
Quick question for y'all.

I was on the original 7 night Fantasy cruise leaving 9/11. I called as the email said to on 8/25 (Wed.) regarding a full refund. (We had rescheduled from 9/2020 and want to just wait it out at this point as we have never cruised before. ) Has anyone else been through this process? The CM told me that she completed paperwork that was to be sent to the back office and I should receive an email w/i 48 hours with the full amount of my refund and then see the refund within 10 days of that email.

The only email I have received is the cancellation of the 4 night cruise confirmation. Just wondering if anyone has been through the process of a full refund and could give me some insight on the process. As we're out about $4k, I'm a little anxious.

I haven't received any additional emails and noting has been refunded to my checking account.

Happy Friday!

I got a partial refund as we going to proceed on the 4 night. I called on the 25th and confirmed we still wanted to go. Since we had used funds from previous canceled cruises to pay for part of this one I asked how much was being refunded to my card and how much was going on my onboard account. The amount she quoted as going back on my card showed up today, much faster than I anticipated.

I thought that, typically, refunds take 7-10 business days (so not including weekends and holidays) to process.

I'm a bit surprised the prior poster got hers so quickly but maybe it was because it was a partial one.

OP, you can likely expect the refund of port taxes/fees to come the quickest, then the others will slowly trickle in...

We received our partial refund yesterday back on our card which was 7 calendar days from our letter outlining the reduction to 4 days. Normally they say 7-10 business days, ours was 5. We called on the 24th and cancelled the cruise completely and moved those remaining funds to our November 2022 cruise. If that cruise still requires fully vaccinated we'll be cancelling that one as well and our cruising days will be over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter