Fanny Pack or Backpack?

MariaE

Earning My Ears
I've heard good things about both. Any suggestions? A backpack would fit a lot more. We are going next month and I know it will be hot. Do backpacks get that hot?

This will be our first summer trip, and the first time we're skipping the backpack, I think it will just be awful to carry one around in the heat.:crazy: So hubby and I and both kids (7&9) will carry fanny packs, water bottles and I'll get one mister fan. I don't think we'll have any trouble carrying everything we need between 4 fanny packs. Generally, we do our shopping during one big trip to DTD, at the end of the day or before a hotel break, but of course you can have packages sent.

I always use a fanny pack. Alot of people use backpacks, but if I use one, I know I'll fill it up & it will be extremely heavy. THis way in the fanny pack I only carry what I need, money, & tickets. I never carry a water bottle, but if you will then your better off with a backpack.

I used a fanny pack, my wife used a backpack. I was able to position my pack so I could get to everything very easily, and didn't have to waste any time rearranging it for access. Also, I got one of the "ironman" packs that comes with two water bottles, so I was in good shape for carrying what I needed, and having my water with me. I could tell my wife was getting frustrated with having to take it off the shoulders anytime we needed something out of it.

I guess it is all a matter of your preference, but I know what I'm going to use the next time I go there.

It depends on if you're travelling with kids for a few reasons: a) I remember being 10 years old and SO embarassed by my mom's fanny pack; b) backpacks can fit more food/activities/first aid supplies for the kids. If you're travelling with adults, go for the fanny pack - they're easier, cooler (in temperature), and lighter.

I got a fanny pack a few years ago for using my AMEX, and I love it. Does anyone know where I could get another about that size? So many of them are uncomfortable and alot are to big when carrying a child through the parks. Thanks for any input you may have.

Go with the simplest thing...make sure its easy to go through. If possible take nothing. Security searches all bags going into the parks now. Its much quicker if you have "nothing to declare"!

I had a small back pack. It was great. I did see someone with a sling pack that really looked like the ticket. I would check that out next time. Fanny packs don't hold enough for me.

HI Just back June 22 and Man it was HOT and HUMID each day !!! I did wear my backpack and that isn't what made me hot..
it was just the weather .. Michelle

Backpack.
I can never fit enough stuff into a fanny pack
Course my hubby 2 be thinks my purse weighs 50 lbs.
He says I carry the sink with me. LOL :)

Thanks for all the tips! I'll be with my kids and nephew so I'll sure I'll have to take a backpack, I think I'll look for a sling type that sounds the easiest.

I would use the fanny packs. I do not like the back pack because they make my back and shoulders hurt after a day of carrying it around.

The last two times I went, I used a fanny pack. I carry a backpack everwhere I go during the year so the thought of having to carry it during vacation doesn't appeal to me. With the fanny pack I carry just what I need, cash, cards, id, and a couple of roles of film. Any purhase you make you can have them send it back to your resort, if you're staying on property. As for the water bottle, my girlfriend has a water bottle strap for her's. I don't know where she bought it, but you could find some kind of water bottle strap and throw it over your shoulder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter