Fanatasy or Wonder?

scarlett24

Dreamin' of Disney
Our first and only cruise was on the Fanatsy, and we loved it! so, I have 2 questions for you:
1. Does the Fantasy do anything really spectacular for the cruise over Halloween?
2. If our next cruise is on the Wonder, prior to her refurb, will we be disappointed going from the Fantasy to the Wonder? I know the Wonder does not have all the bells and whistles, like mid ship detective and aqua duck. Anyone who has been on both of these ships, I would love to hear from you.

Trying to decide between two cruises. Thanks so much.

Our first cruise was on the Wonder and we loved it. Since then, we've been on Dream and Fantasy. We just LOVED Fantasy. After being on Dream multiple times, and Fantasy, I won't go on Magic or Wonder til after the refurb. I like all the bells and whistles too much. And this may sound strange, but I like the fresh white linens on the new ships. There's just something that creeps me out about the old blue bedspreads. I'm sure they are clean...but I hate that you can't see how clean they are. So ya, as quirky as that may sound, I will stick with the new. Once the classics get their refurbs, they may be my new favorites though. :)

To my knowledge, none of the ships do much for Halloween. They do have trick or treating and costume contests. But from friends who went over Halloween...they said their kids were disappointed they missed the traditional Halloween at home.

I can't see us going back to the Wonder after the Dream & Fantasy :wizard:

And this may sound strange, but I like the fresh white linens on the new ships. There's just something that creeps me out about the old blue bedspreads.

Um... the Wonder does not have the old blue bedspreads.

They have the new Frette linens, with the DCL runner. I was just on her two weeks ago.

We have been on all four ships. My cruise on the Fantasy was in October 2012. I have since been on the Dream twice and the Wonder twice.

Prefer the Wonder over the Dream. She's still a close second overall for me. If I was being GIVEN a cruise I'd pick the Fantasy all the time, however, I'd like to keep sailing more often so we mix and match. The classics have lots of things going for them. They are just different and special in their own way.

If you started off on the Magic/Wonder and then went on the Dream/Fantasy you may have a better chance of wanting to go on the smaller ships. We still like the smaller ships because of their size and special memories. However, if you started on the Fantasy you may not care for the Wonder as much. It just depends on what you like. I thought the old ships were classy and the newer ones are a bit more on the gaudy side.

Um... the Wonder does not have the old blue bedspreads.

They have the new Frette linens, with the DCL runner. I was just on her two weeks ago.

We have been on all four ships. My cruise on the Fantasy was in October 2012. I have since been on the Dream twice and the Wonder twice.

Prefer the Wonder over the Dream. She's still a close second overall for me. If I was being GIVEN a cruise I'd pick the Fantasy all the time, however, I'd like to keep sailing more often so we mix and match. The classics have lots of things going for them. They are just different and special in their own way.

On our Wonder Oct 2012 cruise:
315h9c0.jpg

Not the blue bedspread, but it's not a runner either.

If you started off on the Magic/Wonder and then went on the Dream/Fantasy you may have a better chance of wanting to go on the smaller ships. We still like the smaller ships because of their size and special memories. However, if you started on the Fantasy you may not care for the Wonder as much. It just depends on what you like. I thought the old ships were classy and the newer ones are a bit more on the gaudy side.
I agree. I've been on the Wonder twice, and the Fantasy once in the past 2 years. I'm looking forward to cruising the Wonder again in a few months. While the Fantasy is stunning, and so much to do, it is a bit overwhelming. After 7 nights, I feel like there is so much I didn't see. The Wonder is more comfortable to me. Now, if the Fantasy was closer for me to get to and a more reasonable price, I would love to cruise on it again at some point.

Other things that I feel the classics have functionally going for them:

- A real Piano bar. The Dream class ships are lousy at this with Outlook in the stack.
- Diversions is a real sports bar that has more space, lots of board games.
- Promenade Lounge. A fun place for families to hang out together.
- Less crowds. We tend to get to know the crew better too.
- Rooms are all a little bigger than the new ships.
- Easier to walk. They aren't so huge so going forward to aft is less effort.
- Better adult pool area.
- Outlook overlooking the adult pool.

Picking my favorite ship is kind of like picking a favorite kid. I love them all. Different reasons.

You have to decide what's best for your family. For us, we like the variety and the classics mean different itineraries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter