Family reunion at Aulani - multiple room questions

ngl

DIS Veteran
This will be our second trip to Aulani. Our first trip was last year and just the 4 of us so we got an 2 bedroom ocean villa. Now, we have decided to use our points and take our extended family to Aulani in celebration of my mother in law's 80th bday in April.

We are trying to maximize our points and while we would still like to get an ocean view, if we get others units that are pool or island view, could they still be nearby? Just wondering if we got a 2 bedroom ocean view in Ewa for instance, would the room across the hall be island view? Just trying to figure it all out.

I am not sure if my question makes sense but some in the party are just happy to be getting "free" accommodations in Hawaii so do not care about the view and we are trying to stretch our points as far as possible!

Thanks SO much!

I think you would have a better chance of being across the hall getting island views for the others. Pool views all face into the middle of the resort, as do most ocean views, so while you could be in the same tower, you would be a few or more floors up. Just a note though, you can request being near each other, but I don't believe they will provide any guarantee. We traveled as part of a group (all booked under a group wedding rate) last winter and there was a request to have our rooms near each other. We were in the same part of the hotel, but nobody was right next door or right across the hall from anyone, and we were spread across several floors.

There is a listing of every room and the view category in the pinned post at the top - it may help with more scenario planning on booking multiple views.

Thanks so much. That is what we thought based on our memory from the last visit and that chart. I figured we won't be close to each other even if we request it. Thank you!

I think you would have a better chance of being across the hall getting island views for the others. Pool views all face into the middle of the resort, as do most ocean views, so while you could be in the same tower, you would be a few or more floors up. Just a note though, you can request being near each other, but I don't believe they will provide any guarantee. We traveled as part of a group (all booked under a group wedding rate) last winter and there was a request to have our rooms near each other. We were in the same part of the hotel, but nobody was right next door or right across the hall from anyone, and we were spread across several floors.

There is a listing of every room and the view category in the pinned post at the top - it may help with more scenario planning on booking multiple views.

I think they will do their best to get you near each other though! We were there when the resort was sold out and they had most of the group in the same part of the Ewa tower, even if a few floors away or down the hall. Never hurts to ask and I bet you will be closer together than without the request.

That was what we did a few years ago. We had a 2-bedroom poolside garden view and my parents & sister, each had a studio island garden view. We were just a few doors apart across the hallway. Put in the request, for rooms to be close together, of course no guarantees.

Place a 'travel with' even though you booked them all. They'll do what they can to keep you close though of course it's not guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter