Family of 6 loves the food at Disney. Lots of Photos! Finally updated on Page15!

Mama Melrose
6-5-07-269.jpg

I wasn’t very excited to be going to Mama Melrose, but had booked it with the Fantasmic Dinning Package 6 months before and really wanted to keep the package.

We had tried Brown Derby last year, but didn’t like it enough to use 2 TS credits and my dad really doesn’t like buffets so Hollywood and Vine wasn’t an option. I had considered trying to get ADRs somewhere else but it was easiest and involved less traveling if we just ate at MGM.

So we arrived at 5:00 for our 5:15 ADR and were seated within 10 minutes.
The lighting was dark, like you’d expect at an Italian restaurant.
6-5-07-278.jpg

Our server was not very good. First she made us order appetizer, entrée, and dessert all at the same time. We asked if we had to order dessert now and she said if we didn’t want it to take a long time, then yes.

Five of us ordered soft drinks which came quickly enough, but she forgot my dad’s beer. :drinking1 :mad: I’m not sure if she forgot or just didn’t bring it. :confused3 Eventually she brought it to the table a good 10 minutes after he’d ordered it.

Appetizers-
Both my dad and brother had the calamari-both thought it was very good. I tried it and thought it was very good, but Spoodles was better.
x6-5-07-285.jpg

x6-5-07-284.jpg

My mom & Lynn had the Mixed Greens - Made with Balsamic vinaigrette and Gorgonzola cheese.. My mom loved it and Lynn also liked it.
x6-5-07-287.jpg

I had the Caesar Salad. It was good, but had to much dressing on it. The Crostini that it came with was very good.
x6-5-07-289.jpg

I apologize for the shadow, it's my lens!

Mary had the Bruchetta. She really liked it.
x6-5-07-286.jpg

Entrée
Mom- Oven-baked Chicken alla Parmigiana - Served over spaghetti. She was surprised at how much she liked this. She said the chicken melted in your mouth and not dried out at all.
6-5-07-290.jpg

Dad & Mary. Charred Butcher Tender Steak - Topped with gorgonzola butter on roasted red pepper polenta and grilled asparagus with a red wine reduction. They asked for this with out the butter or pepper. When the food runners brought it out there was also no asparagus. They were quick to bring out two plates of asparagus though. Both said the steak and asparagus was good.
6-5-07-293.jpg

Me- Spicy Italian Sausage - Served with Rigatoni pasta, peppers, onions, and a tomato basil sauce topped with Caprino cheese. I make spicy sausage with rigatoni all the time. This was to spicy for me though. The noodles and cheese were okay, but this was probably my least favorite dish of the trip.
6-5-07-294.jpg

Lynn- Penne Alla Vodka - Made with Pancetta and sweet onion, finished with tomato basil sauce, cream, Vodka, and Pecorino Romano. She really liked this and so did I. I wish that I had gotten this instead.
6-5-07-291.jpg

Mike - Grilled Chicken flatbread. He said it was very good and exactly what he was expecting
6-5-07-292.jpg

Dessert-
Mike-Vanilla Gelato -good
6-5-07-298.jpg

Lynn- Chocolate Gelato-good
6-5-07-296.jpg

Dad, Mom & Mary- Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake –good. Mary really liked the warm center
6-5-07-295.jpg

The center
6-5-07-299.jpg

I didn’t have dessert

Overall Mama Melrose wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great. The food was all just okay/good. They didn’t have any great desserts to choose from.
The service was bad. Our waitress seemed to disappear for long periods of time so we were unable to get refills in a timely manner.
It was definelty the worst service of the trip. It was our least favorite of the trip.

Food : B-
Service: C-
Atmosphere: B

Thanks again for all the compliments, I really appreciate them:cloud9:
We'll be at a family picnic tomorrow enjoying hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit & pasta salads. I'll post again Monday night! Until then, thanks for reading!:love:

more great pic :thumbsup2 - I think you've also conviced me to definatley see Fantasmic this time

Great pictures and reviews. I am getting hungry!

Loving your reviews, good to see some of the new menu at Spoodles looks much better than it sounds :rotfl:

Great Pictures!!! And Great Reviews!!

Keep em' coming!! :thumbsup2

Kimba

Great pix, you must take photos for a living! I loved your food choices as well! YUMMY!

PS have you been to airlinemeals.net? you would love it!

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the reviews, especially the one for Mama Melrose. The vodka penne looks so good on the menu, glad to know it tastes good too. I am ruminating over cancelling MM as part of the F! package and trying 50's Primetime instead. I cannot make up my mind. :confused3

Wow, love the photos! :thumbsup2

I really feel like eating some calamari now...!

I have a Canon Rebel too... but my flash certainly isn't that powerful! You did a great job taking such bright and colourful photos of Fantasmic!

Loving your reviews - shame about the service at Mama Melrose's.

Super reviews! How come the fruit was a bad idea or would that be TMI for us?

Your pictures are fantastic. Seriously, I felt like I was looking at photos in Bon Apetit!

Do you have a trip report with photos too? I see you stayed at CBR and we'll be staying there in Nov., so I'd love to see some photos of the resort.

Thanks for the review of Mama Melrose. I know the service was subpar, but you made me feel better about the meals themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter