Family of 6, 24 hours in the car, and the race to beat the blizzard - 12/18/16 trip

It's so nice that writing the report made you feel all Disney happy again. I was enjoying reading along and wish that it had gone on and on too!
I have had a stressful time lately in my general day to day life but I am now able to start planning my next Disney trip.
I know I should be all excited and daydreaming about all the possibilities. I really am glad that I have it to look forward to.
I am nearly ready to nail down my dates in early November.
I need to find some more trip reports that I like to help me get totally in the spirit.
Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Using up the leftover credits is kind of fun! It's "like" free shopping. I know it's not but still! I had similar issues with cashing in my QS credit and held up the line too. So, don't feel bad, you weren't the only one!

Such a perfect last moment and memory! I love that it was something you got to share with your 7yo. A special moment for you and your girl at CRT and then that! It's really those little moments that are the best ones sometimes.

Really enjoyed your TR! :flower1:

What an awesome last magical moment seeing the castle light up! pixiedust:

It's so nice that writing the report made you feel all Disney happy again. I was enjoying reading along and wish that it had gone on and on too!
I have had a stressful time lately in my general day to day life but I am now able to start planning my next Disney trip.
I know I should be all excited and daydreaming about all the possibilities. I really am glad that I have it to look forward to.
I am nearly ready to nail down my dates in early November.
I need to find some more trip reports that I like to help me get totally in the spirit.
Thanks a lot for sharing!!

Thanks for reading! Enjoy your planning! I'm ready to plan another trip, even though we won't be going for at least 2 more years, maybe 3. :(

Using up the leftover credits is kind of fun! It's "like" free shopping. I know it's not but still! I had similar issues with cashing in my QS credit and held up the line too. So, don't feel bad, you weren't the only one!

Such a perfect last moment and memory! I love that it was something you got to share with your 7yo. A special moment for you and your girl at CRT and then that! It's really those little moments that are the best ones sometimes.

There were definitely some amazing moments. :) Thanks for reading!

Really enjoyed your TR! :flower1:

What an awesome last magical moment seeing the castle light up! pixiedust:

Thank you! Yes it was perfect!

It's been a while since I posted, but I wanted to wrap up our Disney/Florida trip. I've been feeling the post Disney blues lately, especially since I've had a few friends lately who have been at Disney posting pictures and I want to cry!!

tumblr_inline_odbdg5Cx4O1qafrh6_500.gif

So, just to recap... we had just left MK at around 7:30 on Thursday night and I had my magical moment of seeing Cinderella's castle lit right before we headed out of the gates.

We met up with the rest of our crew to go catch the bus for CBR. We are all completely wiped out at this point! It feels like such a long bus ride after 12+ straight hours of park touring but I was definitely still on a Disney high.

We arrived at CBR and most of us got off at Jamaica, but my husband stayed on to ride to the main house so he could drop off our rental stroller. I loaded the kids in the car and gave each of them a delicious Mickey cake pop from the bakery! Yummmmm! Then I drove over, followed by my parents, to pick hubby up. We all said good-bye to CBR!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_21ac.jpg

The kids almost immediately fell asleep, even my oldest who is insistent that he doesn't nap in the car.

It was about an hour drive (slightly more since we took the highway to avoid toll roads) to get to Melbourne. My grandparents live in a senior living community there and were nice enough (ahem crazy enough) to let us stay with them for an entire week! We would arrive late Thursday night and leave the following Thursday morning.

When we arrived, the kids were completely passed out. We started loading stuff into the house and getting their beds ready and they were still just out. It was around 10 pm by this point and I was really concerned that they would get all wound up being at a new house and being excited and not go back to sleep, but that was not the case! We woke them up, had them go to the bathroom, and put them to bed and they were all immediately asleep again.

We chatted with my parents and grandparents for a while and then hit the hay too!

The next morning we went grocery shopping and did 8 million loads of laundry. Then we hit the beach! That was Friday. We also spent time at the pool in the senior living community.

My brother and his wife and 2 daughters live in Melbourne too so we got to spend lots of time with them. It was so great for my kids to spend time with their cousins! Here's a picture of them all hanging out one evening. They were so cute, just chilling and chatting.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_227e.jpg

One of my favorite parts of spending Christmas in Florida, is being able to go to the beach on Christmas Eve day. That's our tradition any time we are there! So we spent Saturday at the beach. <3
beachweb.jpg

Then we had a big Christmas Eve dinner that night and left milk and cookies out for Santa.

Christmas morning, the kids were up ridiculously early, like before 6.

giphy.gif

They woke up the whole house, except my 4 year old! So we couldn't even open presents until he woke up! Finally I woke him up somewhere around 7 because the kids were all getting antsy.

Our Christmas morning picture. <3
IMG_5674web.jpg

That afternoon, we had relatives over for lunch. My aunt and uncle live nearby, and my great aunt and uncle, my brother and his family, and my second cousin and his daughter. So we had a pretty big crew! I was so impressed with the kids. They all played together amazingly well together all day. The food was delicious, I ate a ton of cookies, and it was just a great day.

I won't go into details about all of our Melbourne days, since it was pretty much the same every day!! Lots of beach, pool, and cruising around the senior living community in a golf cart. After our crazy few days at Disney, it was a perfect way to round out our vacation.

Thursday morning, after 12 days in Florida, we were packed up and ready to make the trek back to MN. I thought maybe the ride back would be worse than the way there, but it wasn't. I think everyone actually did better. My 4YO didn't ask nearly as often if we were there yet. Everyone napped and slept well in the car, including my husband. And we rolled back into MN by 7 am central time, so we made great time again.

So that's it! All in all, it ended up being 2 full weeks of vacation. I didn't think about work at ALL, lol, so that was amazing.

There were lots of ups and downs at Disney, but the vacation was really everything I wanted. I loved CBR. I'm soooo glad we did so many character meals because the kids had a blast. There were many magical moments that will stick with me forever.

Thanks for following along on my trip report! I had a blast writing it and I hope people enjoyed reading it!

What a great way to end your trip to Fl.! So nice to visit with all the relatives and the kids getting to spend time with their cousins. Christmas eve at the beach sounds like heaven! :beach:

Just to let you know I have been reading your trip report from the start and have enjoyed reading it.Thanks for writing it hopefully the time will fly for you and before you know it you will be back again with your family in the most magical place on earth.

What a great way to end your trip to Fl.! So nice to visit with all the relatives and the kids getting to spend time with their cousins. Christmas eve at the beach sounds like heaven! :beach:

Yes, i wish every Christmas could be spent on the beach! Thanks for reading!

Just to let you know I have been reading your trip report from the start and have enjoyed reading it.Thanks for writing it hopefully the time will fly for you and before you know it you will be back again with your family in the most magical place on earth.

That's so nice, thank you for reading! I can't wait until we can go back!

I really enjoyed reading about your trip! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for reading, so glad you enjoyed it!

Enjoyed your report! We were there at the same time and even went to some places the same day as yall! We ate at T-Rex and went to MK and EPCOT the same days! Pretty funny how that happens!

What a great trip! I love the DIY shirts!!! I did ours with freezer paper and paint because I don't have a machine, but maybe I'll get one for the next trip :)

I had fun reading your report! I would have needed a week on the beach after all that, too :)

Yes, the beach was very needed!! Thanks for reading!

I enjoyed reading your report :)

Thank you!

Great report !! I am anxiously awaiting our trip to CBR in 2 weeks... counting down the days!

Awesome! We really loved it. We can never go there again unfortunately since I don't think they have rooms for families of 6 so I'm glad we got an opportunity.

Enjoyed your report! We were there at the same time and even went to some places the same day as yall! We ate at T-Rex and went to MK and EPCOT the same days! Pretty funny how that happens!

That is so crazy!!! Did you see any 7 feet tall men? That was hubby. Lol.

What a great trip! I love the DIY shirts!!! I did ours with freezer paper and paint because I don't have a machine, but maybe I'll get one for the next trip :)

Thank you! I was lucky to have my friend to help me make the shirts. I had a blast doing it!

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry I missed this TR as you were posting it! I laughed right out loud at some of the tantrum stories, but in total sympathy; I've dealt with a couple of Disney meltdowns and totally get it. (With my crew I found that mostly we have to keep 'em fed at all times.)

It sounds like you had a lovely trip and staying with family afterward sounds like a great way to relax!

I just found your TR and am only to the end of EPCOT. I will get to the rest but I had to comment first. I understand that long drive. We drove with my daughter's family a few years ago and the youngest was 3 at the time. It was only 16 hours but "are we there yet?" gets tiring from 3 cranky kids.

I love the "double trouble" shirts. I am taking all of my grandkids down next year and my daughter's youngest 2 boys are 2 and 3, she will love something like that. I'll have to get my mom to help design them.

I understand the height issue. A good friend is 5'10 and her husband is 6'8. Her boys are both around 6'9 or 6'10 and from the time they were babies the age was questioned along with "How tall are you?" She hated it along with the inevitable what size shoe do you take? Her one son takes a size 18 shoe.

I'm looking forward to reading more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter