• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family, Friends, & Celebrities- A MAGICAL Birthday TR!!! *UPDATE*8/27! Final thoughts

Waking up on Tuesday was hard. Not because I was tired, but because I knew that our vacation was coming to an end. It is never easy heading home from vacation, but I think it is a little harder heading home from Disney. We had left home early on Wednesday March 3rd and it felt like we had just got here. We got out of bed and started to fill up the rest of the available space in our suitcases. I don't know if Juliana was trying to pack herself or trying to hide so she could stay a little longer.

DSC08998.jpg

We had the suitcases packed and I was bringing them to the truck. It felt like I was taking a walk of shame- my head was hanging and I felt horrible. But I didn't have to much time to pout, we still had some time before our 4:20pm flight home. I think it was about 10:30 when we shut the door to the room for the last time and hopped in the truck. We pulled out of CBR and headed towards DTD. We saw signs for the Boardwalk and thought about stopping but we didn't have enough time. We really have to get there soon- we have never been to the Boardwalk yet!

It was really nice in DTD. It was early and there wasn't too many people walking around. There were some last minute souvenirs that we needed. What better place to get them then at World of Disney.

DSC09014.jpg

DSC09001.jpg

After buying a few things we walked around for a while longer and made our way over to Once Upon a Toy. I am ashamed to say that this was the first time I was ever in here.

DSC09004.jpg

DSC09005.jpg

This Monopoly game was cool.

DSC09006.jpg

We were getting hungry so Earl of Sandwich it was! We had some great sandwiches and they were reasonably priced too. For some reason I didn't take any pics- I must of been really hungry!

We were enjoying our morning and early afternoon exploring DTD and Juliana took a few more pics with her 'friends'

DSC09010.jpg

DSC09011.jpg

DSC09012.jpg

DSC09013.jpg

It was almost time... I sat down on a bench and finished addressing some post cards I was sending out to some DISers kids (I was a Fairy GodMailer!) and we also sent post cards to Victoria, Alex, and Juliana thanking them for visiting Disney. We continued walking towards the truck, and it was really starting to set in- we were leaving. I turned around one more time to look towards DTD and figured I could take 1 more pic.

DSC09015.jpg

We walked across the parking lot and hopped in the truck for our drive to the airport.

DSC09016.jpg

MCO was busy as usual and we made it through security pretty quickly... thank goodness for the separate family line. One funny thing that happened was we took the tram to the wrong terminal. So we got to have 2 more extra 'rides'. LOL

Our flight home was nice and smooth. Mel's father picked us up from the airport. When we finally opened the door to the house, we were happy to be home. We had another great Disney vacation with so many special and memorable moments.

Up next... a quick recap and final thoughts

Oooh. Saying good-bye is always the hardest part of a trip. :sad1: I like how you turned around to just get one more picture - I do that too, trying to soak in one last minute! :goodvibes Adorable pictures of Juliana - I love the bag one! :laughing:

At least you got to get in a little more fun before leaving. Can you imagine the depression of waking up and going straight to airport? :scared1:

Nice that you got to scoop up a little extra Disney magic before the flight home.

How quickly this trip has come to an end! I've really enjoyed your report and am looking forward to your final thoughts. :thumbsup2

Well, why did you go to bed so early? :confused3 ;)

I know... I know... Aunt Kathy was right. Skillet = no good. :sad2:

The WCC antics were so funny... there were waiters yelling all over the place!

You have to ride Dumbo at night... it is so fun!

And it happened again. I went to bed (too much fresh air the last two days) and you do anothe updated. :eek:

Perhaps we would have enjoyed WCC more if we saw the antics with the kids in the restaurant -- but nada. And the skillet -- :sick:

We will definitely do Dumbo at night this trip.

DSC08998.jpg

I love this photo. Leaving Disney is the worse feeling; I can leave any other vacation and not feel sad, but Disney it is all about :sad1::sad1::sad1:
Up next... a quick recap and final thoughts

I will await your recap. And I was supposed to remind you about your comparison of CBR/CSR. :)

Man, Tim, you update so fast I can barely keep up! Sorry to see the trip come to an end... which means you'll just have to go back! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting pics of the WL... you might have heard once or twice that I like that place. ;)

And what's up with the grumpy lady at WCC? Grumpy people aren't supposed to eat there.

Oooh. Saying good-bye is always the hardest part of a trip. :sad1: I like how you turned around to just get one more picture - I do that too, trying to soak in one last minute! :goodvibes Adorable pictures of Juliana - I love the bag one! :laughing:
It is sad... knowing that we would be back someday makes it a little easier.

She was being super silly.

What a great way to end the trip at DTD. Good choice with Earl! :thumbsup2
Thanks!!! The sandwich was awesome! popcorn::

Awww I Can't believe your at the end of your TR...it was a great one and i'm looking forward to your next one:goodvibes
I know.... I can't believe it is the end either. It took me long enought to write it! :rotfl2:

At least you got to get in a little more fun before leaving. Can you imagine the depression of waking up and going straight to airport? :scared1:
UMMMMM NO!!! :rotfl:

I cannot leave to go home that early! :cool2:

Nice that you got to scoop up a little extra Disney magic before the flight home.

How quickly this trip has come to an end! I've really enjoyed your report and am looking forward to your final thoughts. :thumbsup2
Thanks!!! How is the little one doing?

If you have time... check out my PTR.... there is some big news on there. :rolleyes1 ;)

How have you never been in the Toy Store?! I go in and I don't have kids :laughing:
I don't know how I was never in there? I think when we walked that way we always went straight for the Christmas store? :guilty:

And it happened again. I went to bed (too much fresh air the last two days) and you do anothe updated. :eek:
LOL Always the way!

Perhaps we would have enjoyed WCC more if we saw the antics with the kids in the restaurant -- but nada. And the skillet -- :sick:
Sorry it wasn't fun for ya. :mad: We had fun... just 1/2 of the skillet wasn't great. :rolleyes:

We will definitely do Dumbo at night this trip.
You must!!

I will await your recap. And I was supposed to remind you about your comparison of CBR/CSR. :)
Yes Kathy... I know! :rotfl2:

Man, Tim, you update so fast I can barely keep up! Sorry to see the trip come to an end... which means you'll just have to go back! :thumbsup2
Well, I've drawn this report out for 5 months.. I had to get it done. ::yes::

Thanks for posting pics of the WL... you might have heard once or twice that I like that place. ;)
Really? No way! ;)

And what's up with the grumpy lady at WCC? Grumpy people aren't supposed to eat there.
LOL Wish you were there to tell her that!!!! :lmao:

Thanks!!! How is the little one doing?

Very good! Thank you for asking! Yesterday I dressed the boys in their matching Mickey tie dye and took a picture...so cute. :goodvibes

If you have time... check out my PTR.... there is some big news on there. :rolleyes1 ;)

Please feel free to have a hardy har har at me. I'm subscribed and haven't caught up yet!!! I admit it...I'm a lurker. :confused3 :lmao:

The last Disney Day is always sad. :( DTD is a great way to spend it, though. Love the pics of Juliana and her friends!

BTW, I wrote back to you on my TR and then realized that you probably won't see it if your browser is still shutting down. Do you think I should start a new thread or something? I wonder if it is happening to anyone else.

Very good! Thank you for asking! Yesterday I dressed the boys in their matching Mickey tie dye and took a picture...so cute. :goodvibes
AWWWW too bad we will never see that pic! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

;)

Please feel free to have a hardy har har at me. I'm subscribed and haven't caught up yet!!! I admit it...I'm a lurker. :confused3 :lmao:
It is totally understandable. :flower3:

I just wanted you to see the news! :goodvibes

The last Disney Day is always sad. :( DTD is a great way to spend it, though. Love the pics of Juliana and her friends!
It was nice having some time before the flight. We weren't rushing and got to experience a little more Disney, even if it was just DTD.

BTW, I wrote back to you on my TR and then realized that you probably won't see it if your browser is still shutting down. Do you think I should start a new thread or something? I wonder if it is happening to anyone else.
NAHHHH don't start a new thread. I can read it if I stop my browser from loading all the pictures. It is really weird. So I still have to go and read your report. :surfweb:

We saw signs for the Boardwalk and thought about stopping but we didn't have enough time. We really have to get there soon- we have never been to the Boardwalk yet!
Its good to have things to look forward to. Keeps you in the trip planning spirit!

It's always sad to close down a trip report. But you don't have too! Just make stuff up for a few more months! Take some pictures of Juliana on the coin operated horse outside of WalMart and tell us it's Cinderella's Carousel. We won't know the difference!

Its good to have things to look forward to. Keeps you in the trip planning spirit!
We have been fortunate to have been a few times and there is still a ton we haven't done yet. I don't know if it is possible to do it all. :confused3

It's always sad to close down a trip report. But you don't have too! Just make stuff up for a few more months! Take some pictures of Juliana on the coin operated horse outside of WalMart and tell us it's Cinderella's Carousel. We won't know the difference!
Not a bad idea! Except my DW despises those things. She keeps Juliana off those coin operated rides at all costs! :lmao:

Aw, I feel your pain on leaving Disney. I always start getting sad like the day before we leave because I know our fun time is about to end. I just love all the cute pictures of Ana with the Disney figures. She is just the cutest little princess of them all! princess:

I saw it!!! YAY AGAIN!!!! :goodvibes
:goodvibes :rotfl:

Aw, I feel your pain on leaving Disney. I always start getting sad like the day before we leave because I know our fun time is about to end. I just love all the cute pictures of Ana with the Disney figures. She is just the cutest little princess of them all! princess:

AWWW thanks!!!! princess:

Leaving is always the worst! But you already knew that! ;)

We really had a great time this trip. It was a different experience for us renting the house and going with our friends. I just wanted to recap a few things and express some feelings before this TR ends. This was my post after we arrived home on Tuesday night 3/16:

Hey everyone-

We are home. Walked in the house at 9pm tonight! We had a great trip but it feels good to be home. I need a vacation!!! :lmao: I am shot! Heading to bed in a few but I'm trying to catch up on what is going on in the world... I haven't been online since Saturday morning.

I'll start my TR in a few days but I'll still post on here till I start. Then this thread can go to the PTR cemetery! :rolleyes1

The house
It was great having the house. We did miss staying in the park a little but having 3000+ square feet to spread out was awesome. We ate a few meals there and being able to get the kids to bed and hanging out with our friends was key. I think the kids liked it too because of the Disney themed rooms.

The one downfall was not having pool heat for the week. I started writing a letter to the owner on the flight home. I emailed him and they were very understanding. I got refunded for what we paid for the pool heat. They also told me they would be looking into what had happened and why I had such a hard time dealing with and getting answers from the management company. I believe that they will look into this. Would I stay at this house again? I would give it another try.

The Magic
This was truly amazing! From talking to Crush, pulling the sword from the stone, dancing with Cinderella & Prince Charming, meeting PUSH, getting pirate bandanas, the kids being picked in DTD to talk on the mic, getting the hottub working for 1 night, decorating the Christmas tree, getting pixie dust, meeting some celebrity DISers, having Michael Jackson join us, cakes, the girls getting so much attention after BBB, etc...

I think the best part was spending time with Melody's grandmother for 4 days before the Disney part started. It was really important for Melody. I still can't believe how fast her health deteriorated after our return home. I am so happy that we did get to see her just one last time before she passed away.

CBR -vs- any other moderate

The only other moderate that we've been to is CSR. Let me start with the pirate room. We LOVED the pirate room. Even Juliana got a kick out of it. The one part about the room that stunk was the beds. It was like having a mattress on concrete. CSR has queen beds that are better than my mattress at home.. very comfy! CSR rooms have an upscale look- I will not compare them to a pirate room since they are totally different.

The pool was very nice. The zero entry was neat to have. The kids pirate ship was awesome. I wish we had more time to play in it. The slides to the main pool were fun and were tube slides...the slide at CSR is longer and open. I think I liked the slide at CSR better, but it is very close. I also like having the pool bar in the pool area at CSR instead out of the pool area at CBR. (not a big deal)

There are so many bus stops at CBR. I felt that the bus was driving in the resort just as long as it took us to get to MK. CSR has 5 stops.

The grounds at CBR were very neat and well kept.(except for the garbage next to our room for 24 hours) I didn't like the walk we had to Ol' Port Royale. It was long. I prefer the look of the buildings to CSR. I also prefer the feel and look of CSR to CBR.

With all this said, would I stay at CBR again? Yes. I know there are a few other resorts we would like to try. I hope I have the time and money to try them all!

Going with Friends

We had a great time with our friends. It was nice for Juliana to have friends with her. It was also smart for us to split up a few times and schedule a day or 2 off to get our stamina back and not get burnt out. I think our friends have gotten bitten by the Disney bug. They want to know when we are going to go back with them. They are thinking about going again in March. Unfortunately, we cannot go with them because of Melody's pregnancy, but I can see us traveling to WDW with them again.

I want to thank everyone for following along and being patient with me. I never thought this TR would of taken 5 months to write! If you haven't joined me on my newest PTR, what are you waiting for???? :lmao: The link is: The TRIP of all Trips... Ana's MAW PTR...
Come on over and help me plan Juliana's Make-A-Wish trip.

If you have any questions let me know as I will keep this thread open for a week or 2.

Tim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter