Family and Friends account vs profile management

DarwinDerby

Earning My Ears
hi all! i've got a family trip planned to WDW in about a month, and I have a couple of questions about MDE accounts. currently, my MDE account is registered as a profile "managed by" my mom's MDE account. i'm 20 years old, and was wondering, is there anything to lose by linking my own existing account to that profile? i have magicbands, comp tickets, and after hours passes linked to the profile under my mom's account - those all would transfer, right? if it would cause any issues, i'm perfectly fine with just keeping my profile managed under hers (even though i do all the planning - lol!), but if it wouldn't break anything, i would like to link that profile to my account. sorry if this is confusing word soup, let me know if anything needs to be clarified!

hi all! i've got a family trip planned to WDW in about a month, and I have a couple of questions about MDE accounts. currently, my MDE account is registered as a profile "managed by" my mom's MDE account. i'm 20 years old, and was wondering, is there anything to lose by linking my own existing account to that profile? i have magicbands, comp tickets, and after hours passes linked to the profile under my mom's account - those all would transfer, right? if it would cause any issues, i'm perfectly fine with just keeping my profile managed under hers (even though i do all the planning - lol!), but if it wouldn't break anything, i would like to link that profile to my account. sorry if this is confusing word soup, let me know if anything needs to be clarified!
You’d be fine to have your own MDE account. Have you already created it? That’s the first step. Then log into your mom’s account, click on your profile in her F&F list, and under Connect with This Guest click on Scan Linking Code (to scan the code in your account on your phone) or on Send Email (which will send an email to the email address you used for your M D E account). This tells the M D E system that the Darwin Derby in your mom’s M D E is the same person as the Darwin Derby who has the new M D E account. All your tickets etc. will transfer over. And I think it will automatically add your mom to your F&F list - you’ll have to add everyone else, but that’s easy too.

If you have problems, call Disney’s IT folks at (407) 939-4357. They’re very helpful!

You’d be fine to have your own MDE account. Have you already created it? That’s the first step. Then log into your mom’s account, click on your profile in her F&F list, and under Connect with This Guest click on Scan Linking Code (to scan the code in your account on your phone) or on Send Email (which will send an email to the email address you used for your M D E account). This tells the M D E system that the Darwin Derby in your mom’s M D E is the same person as the Darwin Derby who has the new M D E account. All your tickets etc. will transfer over. And I think it will automatically add your mom to your F&F list - you’ll have to add everyone else, but that’s easy too.

If you have problems, call Disney’s IT folks at (407) 939-4357. They’re very helpful!
thank you so much!! sorry about posting a bunch of questions in different threads - i really appreciate all the help!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter