Falmouth Jamaica Excursions

RGLakatos

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!!!

Does anyone know anything about the Falmouth Jamaica Excursions? I know I can read all about them, but I was looking for anyone who has ever participated in any of the excursions so I can get a better idea of something for my daughter and I when we go in June.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

There was a woman who did a trip report on a DCL cruise that went to Jamaica and they did this really neat excursion where they swam in a waterfall.
I didn't think it was Dunn's River but thats all I see when I looked at the excursion offerings.

Anyone remember this excursion?

I wanted to use it as a selling point to my husband and now I can't find it.

I've been to Jamaica by way of Ocho Rios...

I did a catamaran ride and Dunn's River Falls excursion. Dunn's River is fun, but unless you are (physically) able to climb the falls, it might not be worth it. While they do have a walkway up to the top, (how you get back down also), it's not as much fun as climbing the falls can be...

Ocho Rios was not really a "pleasant" place to be... I don't know how close the two areas are... but if they are the same, I will not be doing that shopping area w/my DD (age5). I would prefer an excursion that lasts all day...

I am looking at the same stop with our *planned* itinerary, I was interested in the Dolphins and Dunn's River (7hrs), or maybe choose to stay on the boat. If I do not do an excursion DD will go to the kids club while DH and I get off.

There was a woman who did a trip report on a DCL cruise that went to Jamaica and they did this really neat excursion where they swam in a waterfall. I didn't think it was Dunn's River but thats all I see when I looked at the excursion offerings. Anyone remember this excursion? I wanted to use it as a selling point to my husband and now I can't find it.

I read about an excursion on another cruise message board about "Secret Falls". This was not a cruise line sponsored excursion and had to be booked directly with the tour company. Cruise Critic has boards for individual ports of call, you might find more information there, as Disney doesn't have much recent experience with Falmouth yet.

I read about an excursion on another cruise message board about "Secret Falls". This was not a cruise line sponsored excursion and had to be booked directly with the tour company. Cruise Critic has boards for individual ports of call, you might find more information there, as Disney doesn't have much recent experience with Falmouth yet.

Thank you!

We wanted a family beach day for the 12 of us in November 13. Needed to be Jamaica because of other desires in other ports. use a website called Jamaica for a day. We went to the Jewels Runaway Bay resort. It was very nice. The 12 of us had our own minibus that transported us to the resort. Driver stopped at a few scenic points for us to take pictures. Check in was relatively simple with a few forms to sign and final payment to be made. Once that was done we had the run of the place. Food was excellent, drinks were strong. Pool was beautiful, ocean was even better. Service was fantastic. Would definitely go back again. Was a tad worried about being on a non cruise excursion but this provider was very conscientious about when we needed to get back.

The port in Falmouth is new and beautiful. We were with RCCL and we just did a Royal Tea at Good Hope estate. There were lots of tours to that area, kayaking, swimming and historical. If Disney offered somethings in that area I would think it's a good tour. Run by Chukka tours.

We were on the Wonder in October and did the Dunn's river Falls. We went by bus to the Falls, then had a catered lunch at nearby location. The bus ride was kind of long and detracted from the experience because of length. Enjoyed climbing the falls but so many people around the falls that are "hawkers" and somewhat aggressive. You must exit through a shopping area they advertise as some sort of artist area but really just cheap touristy stuff with very aggressive sales. It is cultural in Jaimaca but makes me feel uncomfortable. Also the entire shopping area had very heavy odor of a traditional Jamaican herb if you know what I mean, to the point my kids kept asking me where they were burning leaves! We enjoyed it overall but would not book another excursion that far from Falmouth if we cruise there again. Would look into options closer to port. The port in Falmouth is beautiful and many nice shops.

We were on the Wonder in October and did the Dunn's river Falls. We went by bus to the Falls, then had a catered lunch at nearby location. The bus ride was kind of long and detracted from the experience because of length. Enjoyed climbing the falls but so many people around the falls that are "hawkers" and somewhat aggressive. You must exit through a shopping area they advertise as some sort of artist area but really just cheap touristy stuff with very aggressive sales. It is cultural in Jaimaca but makes me feel uncomfortable. Also the entire shopping area had very heavy odor of a traditional Jamaican herb if you know what I mean, to the point my kids kept asking me where they were burning leaves! We enjoyed it overall but would not book another excursion that far from Falmouth if we cruise there again. Would look into options closer to port. The port in Falmouth is beautiful and many nice shops.

Can I ask how long the bus ride is? We are looking at doing duns river for our Feb cruise next year

The bus ride was about and hour each way. Nice bus, tour guide tried to give continual commentary about history. Just seemed like a lot of time from the day getting there and back and riding a bus nothing special. I have done Dunn's River about 20 years ago while staying in Jamaica, and enjoyed it much more then when it was just one of many experiences. If the ship docked closer I think it would be more fun but the travel time was almost equal to the tour time and that was a bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter