• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall FP+ availability is awful!

I was able to get everything except the parades, wishes, a&e. I got overlapping singles for 7dmt. It is just a lot less than you see at other times of the year

I was able to get everything except the parades, wishes, a&e. I got overlapping singles for 7dmt. It is just a lot less than you see at other times of the year

How big is your group? When did you make your FP+s? I was able to get 7DMT no problem for a group of 4 on the 17th and 18th when I booked them on Sunday, and was able to make them no problem for a group of 8 on the 22nd and 23rd last night.

This system is just so screwy!

With limited availability of fastpasses and ADRs in the middle of October, I am scared that it might be very crowded. My husband's theory is that mostly Disney "professionals" go in October, so everything good is snatched up ASAP.

I was able to do a trial run because I didn't book a package with Disney. I had a room-only reservation and bought my tickets separately.

Ive seen posts where people did a "trial run" of booking FP prior to their actual date - is this still possible? I've never used the system before and just want to familiarize myself with the process before next week when it's time. I've tried going through MDE but it's got me locked out until my 60 days. Is there a workaround I'm just not finding?

The trial run will only work if you have a room-only reservation. With a package, the system won't allow you to book anything until exactly 60 days out.

With limited availability of fastpasses and ADRs in the middle of October, I am scared that it might be very crowded. My husband's theory is that mostly Disney "professionals" go in October, so everything good is snatched up ASAP.

Exactly this same thing happened to me last year too and the crowds were fine. A couple of fairly busy days but not bad at all

Many schools are going to balanced scheduling. For those schools, they get a break of 1 or 2 weeks in October. I wonder if this might be having an affect on fp+.

This is just a vent. And I'll say first that i love fp+ . But man. I have watched the DIBB posting all summer helping friends plan last minute trips, and generally, at 60 days out you could get 7 dmt for a group, or A&E for at least one day of your trip. And Wishes and MSEP were there quite often!

I can only get 7dmt for singles, can't get a single one for the others. It is crazy how much worse it is. It is painful! I hate the heat, so i'll happily trade fp availability for Oct weather but it still sucks:( I was hoping this year would be a little better than last!!

I book mine tonight at midnight. Have been concerned already but I feel like I should just throw in the towel at this point.

Whatever the loophole was might be the reason for the sudden decline in availability.

I doubt it. It took a pretty specific set of circumstances (me being an AP holder and knowing another AP holder whose trip started a few days earlier than mine and overlapped mine by a day) for me to be able to book two days a couple of days early. I could only book for the days that fell during HIS trip; it didn't give me any advantage on the days that I'm actually staying onsite at Disney beyond my arrival day. It's definitely not something that is going to be widely applicable to a lot of people, and certainly not something that the masses will be able to take advantage of.

Last edited:
I'll be there Oct 14-20 and was able to get 7DMT for later in my trip, and even A&E on my last day. I am having trouble moving dining reservations around, but I figured that's a long shot for me anyways.

It just amazes me that my friends could book so much more 2-3 days before and I'm struggling at 60. I've heard they offer less passes, not sure how true it is, but the availability is certainly worse.

Interesting, I would think it wouldn't be due to crowds or shorter hours in October. It's possibly a glitch, or are they intentionally reducing the number of FPs given out? Or are more people becoming familiar with FP+ and are booking 60 days out?

That's an interesting point. Maybe summer visitors are less hardcore/more first-timers.

I doubt it. It took a pretty specific set of circumstances (me being an AP holder and knowing another AP holder whose trip started a few days earlier than mine and overlapped mine by a day) for me to be able to book two days a couple of days early. I could only book for the days that fell during HIS trip; it didn't give me any advantage on the days that I'm actually staying onsite at Disney beyond my arrival day. It's definitely not something that is going to be widely applicable to a lot of people, and certainly not something that the masses will be able to take advantage of.

Gotcha. Well, thats def not it then. HOnestly, based on hotels and ADRs, I think its just going to be a crowded nightmare in Oct/Nov. Someone mentioned it could be due to lower staffing but staffing wouldn't affect the FP+ availability, would it? The rides have nothing to do with staffing whereas hotels and restaurants do.

Ahhh gotcha! Thanks :)

We booked room and tix separate. Right now I can book from today until September 18th (30 days). Supposedly my 60 day window will open at midnight which will let me book for our October stay. Its kind of confusing to me to be honest.

Gotcha. Well, thats def not it then. HOnestly, based on hotels and ADRs, I think its just going to be a crowded nightmare in Oct/Nov. Someone mentioned it could be due to lower staffing but staffing wouldn't affect the FP+ availability, would it? The rides have nothing to do with staffing whereas hotels and restaurants do.

The needs CMs to staff the rides, so staffing definitely plays into it. If they're not running the rides at full capacity, then there are fewer CMs needed to operate them, and less FP+s that they can put into the system. The easiest examples for guests to actually see with their own eyes are ToT and Star Tours...with ToT, in less busy times they only operate one elevator, which keeps the SB lines at about the same waits as the SB lines when it's super busy and two elevators are running. Star Tours has how many bays? A dozen, at least? And won't run half of them when it's not busy.

Every year, without fail, people complain that October is going to be out of control busy. I just don't believe it. Even with some schools moving to year-round calendars or giving fall breaks, the vast majority of people

As for resorts being busy...or rather looking busy...Disney has a booming convention business, and some big ones fall during October. I suspect that come September when convention room blocks for October conventions start being released, we'll see a lot more availability in the resorts than we see now.

I think the ADR situation is partially related to conventions, partially related to staffing, partially related to free dining, and partially related to ADR hoarding "just in case." There's stuff that wasn't available at 180 that I'm certain will open up at day 45 (when payments are due) and the week of my trip. I'll eat crow if I don't end up getting the two ADRs I'm waiting for (BOG for dinner and 1900 Park Fare).

Whenever booking FastPass Plus for Magic Kingdom. I always plan for Magic Kingdom later in my trip because you can book FastPasses that are beyond the 60 day limit as long your trip begins earlier. A&E is by far the hardest FastPass to get. However, I would not try to plan using FastPass Plus for Magic Kingdom on a MNSHP date, unless you are going that night. Another thing, we always book our FP separately. It is weird but we can times very close to each other and if someone or a couple want to change it, they have that flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter