• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall FP+ availability is awful!

Kathryn777

DIS Veteran
This is just a vent. And I'll say first that i love fp+ . But man. I have watched the DIBB posting all summer helping friends plan last minute trips, and generally, at 60 days out you could get 7 dmt for a group, or A&E for at least one day of your trip. And Wishes and MSEP were there quite often!

I can only get 7dmt for singles, can't get a single one for the others. It is crazy how much worse it is. It is painful! I hate the heat, so i'll happily trade fp availability for Oct weather but it still sucks:( I was hoping this year would be a little better than last!!

I will be there in October 12-17 and agree that some fastpasses are more difficult to get then last year. Last year I could get A&E and Sdmt without any problem. This year I had to split my group (6 people) into individual, but overlapping fastpasses for SDMT. A&E was never available, but we don't need to meet them this time. I also managed to snag Wishes for the group for one night. I guess Wishes are difficult because there are so few nights when they are available due to MNSSHP

they didn't much last year. I booked everything as singles so we could search as many time slots as possible, and didn't book certain days for a couple people in the hopes that something would open up.

It just amazes me that my friends could book so much more 2-3 days before and I'm struggling at 60. I've heard they offer less passes, not sure how true it is, but the availability is certainly worse.

I'm wondering if it is free dining. ADRs were really messed up too this year. Just keep checking back. I was able to snag A&E for two of us, then one, then two.

they didn't much last year. I booked everything as singles so we could search as many time slots as possible, and didn't book certain days for a couple people in the hopes that something would open up.

It just amazes me that my friends could book so much more 2-3 days before and I'm struggling at 60. I've heard they offer less passes, not sure how true it is, but the availability is certainly worse.

Could be something like an A&E M&G they don't have as many time slots as it's a slower time of year.

thanks for commiserating with me :) I definitely plan to keep checking. I think free dining ends the weekend we get there, so maybe the end of the week will be better. Last year i did eventually get them after checking every day for what felt like months !

I was able to get 7DMT back in February for a party of two less than 30 days out... Today at 30 days out for a single on September 18th - Could not book it.

However-This may be because MNSSHP is that night, and so park hours and FP+ are only until 7pm

We are going to be at WDW September 23-27 and had no trouble getting all the FP+ we wanted at 60 days out (for 2 people on some days and 4 on others). We didn't get Anna & Elsa since we've already met them 3 times, but they were available...Maybe all the refurbishments are reducing availabilty for October? I hope you're able to get what you want!

It does seem to me like FP+ availability dropped off once we hit the slowest time in October (after Columbus Day) so I really think it's more of an issue of a smaller FP+ allocation due to being in a less busy time than bigger crowds. Oh well...it will just make the SB lines shorter!

Interesting, I made my FP+ selections at midnight on 8/17. I was able to obtain several FP+ for the mine train and Soarin'.
Also, was able to get one for the Electrical Parade on 10/21.

How long is your trip?

Ive seen posts where people did a "trial run" of booking FP prior to their actual date - is this still possible? I've never used the system before and just want to familiarize myself with the process before next week when it's time. I've tried going through MDE but it's got me locked out until my 60 days. Is there a workaround I'm just not finding?

I am going 10/17-10/24 and I could not get A&E. 7DMT was only available towards the end of our trip. I did get A&E in single FP for my husband and myself on the 23rd at different times but I cannot add our girls (age 4 &5). Even though they've met the sisters at birthday parties, they have to meet them in WDW. At first I was quite disappointed, especially since a friend of mine was able to secure FP relatively easily for them a year ago, but I've decided if I have to wait in line then I have to wait in line. At least the standby lines are much shorter than they were a year ago.

I am also curious how often FP open up for them. If I check ten times a day, I'm afraid I will make myself crazy. Will more FP become available, or is this it?

Interesting, I made my FP+ selections at midnight on 8/17. I was able to obtain several FP+ for the mine train and Soarin'.
Also, was able to get one for the Electrical Parade on 10/21.

Yeah, it's bizarre that the FP+ availability like totally dropped off a cliff yesterday. Thanks to a loophole in the system, I was able to make FP+s for October 17 and 18 a couple of days ago and could have gotten A&E then if I'd wanted them for those days. I think everything except FoF one day and MSEP the other was available for a party of 4 (we have FP+ for Wishes and 7DMT on the 17th and 7DMT on the 18th) but suddenly yesterday afternoon...it's like all these FP+s just disappeared. Odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter