Fall Camping

It was in the 30s south of here this morning - and 48 here - crisp and not too cool.

Don't rub it in..high of 71 today. :sad2: Which is fine..kids are back in school don't want it too hot..but it seems too chilly too soon. I want it back in the 80's. Then I'd like to skip the winter all together. I think three seasons would be nice..Spring, Summer, Fall, and then back to Spring! :thumbsup2

I know where that is...haven't camped there yet though. We go fall camping in North Hudson, NY...exit 29 off I-87...at the Jellystone Campground. We usually go the last week of Sept, first week of Oct. because they celebrate Halloween early there (close the second week of Oct. too).

Oh wow..that is further north of where we are. That's around the Santa's Workshop area isn't it? We visited when our kids were young. We get off I87 at exit 15 Wilton... sometimes exit earlier around 13 and use some back roads to get around Saratoga and to the campground. So we're not quite in the Adirondacks..just ouside of it. Which is fine by me..use to be seasonal at the Lake George RV Park..which was in the Adirondack park..but they became way to expensive (wanted $5,000) for a seasonal site, that's when we said forget it. The area was way to congested also. Being where we are, I think they could keep the campground open later into the season, but they close Oct. 15th.

Phyllis, I'd still like a month of winter -------

Well, I'd agree with you there Al....I always say that I have no use for winter once Christmas has passed. So I'll take December, just to have that chill in the air, and a dusting of snow. You can take Jan, Feb..and most of March! :laughing: (I'm just being generous giving you three months instead of one!)

Well, I'd agree with you there Al....I always say that I have no use for winter once Christmas has passed. So I'll take December, just to have that chill in the air, and a dusting of snow. You can take Jan, Feb..and most of March! :laughing: (I'm just being generous giving you three months instead of one!)

I don't mind those months. We love playing outside in the snow with the kids and keeping warm with a fire. :thumbsup2 And I think you can appreciate spring that much more after a cold winter.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or maybe it's just me...but I think the leaves are greener and the flowers brighter here in the northern states. When I go to FL the colors seem more muted and the trees not as pretty. I think when the trees lose all of their leaves in the fall they come back brighter and greener the next spring.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or maybe it's just me...but I think the leaves are greener and the flowers brighter here in the northern states.

Yup, without a doubt - our flowers were amazing this year and the leaves haven't even started to turn yet.

I think I could enjoy the cold weather if we lived where we could actually enjoy the snow..only it's more of a black slush mess about a day after it snows here.:scared: Then the roads are icy and disgusting. We used to vacation quite a bit in New Hampshire. They had TONS of snow. I'd watch the weather reports..frantic (like we get here in NY at the mention of snow:laughing: ) as to how much snow was coming or what was going to be closed. NOTHING. One night it snowed some 12 inches..and the roads were plowed and everything was up and running the following morning as if it was 1 inch. I was amazed. :eek: It was such a pleasure. Of course they didn't have to deal with the traffic that we have either. If that was home on Long Island..it would have been a disaster. I think colder climates that really get a lot of snow are equipped to handle it much better. We fall somewhere in between. For us to enjoy the snow..we have to travel off the island. A warm cozy fireplace does sound nice too..only..we don't have one. Maybe I should think about putting one in. My kids always thought Santa had a key to the house!:laughing:

Fall is our favorite time of year to camp. With the boys getting older, it is harder to plan weekends away. We are headed to Missasinawa (I know I butchered the sp) State park IN the last weekend in Sept . Beautiful camping and not too far away from the James Dean Festival. Would like to make a trip to the UP during the fall but I don't see it happening this year. With any luck we can sneak down to get a weekend in Oct at Potato Creek St. Park, IN. Beautiful there too and a really nice bike trail.

Everybody is giving me some ideas....
I think it is time for a girls weekend out.
The "boys" in our family (boy scouts, that is) are going to a camporee in a couple of weekends from now, so my DD and I should go away, too.
We're tent campers, but my in-laws have a park model RV at a former Jellystone campground that we can use whenever we like. It's time to give them a call...

Fall was always my favorite time to camp. My DH and I did some really nice backpacks in October and November. That was BC (before children ;) ) of course. Now we have Friday night football until mid December, and then those teenagers want to spend time in bed or running around with their friends instead of camping with their parents.:confused3

Maybe someday we'll be able to do what WE want to do again...

This fall we will be going to Va beach for the octoberfest, and a wine festival for a week!! woo hoo.. but id rather be going to the fort!!!! LOL

Dh refuses to camp at disney in the summer:rolleyes1 , usually we camp in the Smoky's in the spring, Disney in Oct, Late Oct we head over to Holiday World in Santa Claus, for their Halloween festivites,then down to Branson for November.
Last Oct. we were in Myrtle beach instead of Disney :confused3 the dd's kept asking when we were heading down to Disney after Myrtle beach :rotfl: so to make up for it by stopping in SC to visit the Disney Outlet Warehouse and later in the Smoky's at the disney outlet store.. still wasn't the same..

I need to get a counter for our trip in oh 20 days....:banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter