Fall and Winter Discounts?

foodiddiedoo

DIS Veteran
Historically Disney would have already released their end of September-December discounts for rooms. Do we think they aren't even going to offer them this year? Hoping to have some savings on our December trip since it's almost 2x as expensive as our trip that we had to cancel in August of last year (without a dining plan as well) would have been (they gave us a huge room offer to try and convince us to come still).

It's normally mid July, so not necessarily ( especiallysince they just dropped the AP discount for late aug- sept). I think the consensus is with the 50th anniversary discounts will be few if at all. We are booked for August ( used the FL resident discount.) However for our first week if October trip, as well as Thanksgiving trip, we are booked at rack rate( and prepared to not get a discount .) We live about 18 minutes from MK, the parks and resorts have been really busy ( even more imo than ' normal summer busy'.) People have rebooked trips for this year, that they canceled previously, everyone wants to go, and many are willing to pay whatever $ to be there due to lost trips ( from shut down etc)and being cooped up at home. I'm hoping for discounts too, but definitely not counting on it, good luck with your decisions.

We are booked for Dec 6 - 16 and do not expect a discount at least through December. With room availability low already, they won't need to entice anyone with a discount. It would be nice though as this is our longest stay ever and our most expensive.

If there are still rooms available, they will offer a discount, but it will almost certainly later than normal, only offer "table scraps", and might be AP only, because many resorts are almost entirely booked up. I would neither expect nor count on a discount, but keep my eyes open just in case and be willing to change resorts and/or room types to get it.

Last edited:

We're booked for the 4-11th of December, not expecting a discount but my family who is traveling with us is certainly hoping for one.

They don’t have rooms open to be booked for many weeks the rest of the year. I don’t expect them to release discounts if there are no rooms available to be booked. You don’t discount a product you do don’t have available to sell.

And even when they do offer discounts, it is generally listed a 'up to x% off' and not on every category of room. If you have specific travel dates in mind and/or already have airline tickets, you are better off reserving something when it becomes available. There is no guarantee they will offer future discounts, particularly if they can sell most rooms at a higher price.

Looks like room discount was released on 7/9 last year. I expect to see more targeted discounts this year vs. blanket percentage off.

Last edited:
I’m curious if there might be some last minute discounts....How many people have booked at full rack rate, with the intention of only keeping if there’s a discount?!? If Covid flares in places, masks mandates potentially return, and rooms are $500-$1000 a night, I could see a LOT of late season cancellations!

We are hoping to go at the beginning of November but yikes! The cost is significantly more than we normally pay and some places are booked. Crazy.

Everything is so unsettled right now...... It is insane! I booked at rack hoping for discounts also.....
Actually have 2 trips booked and will likely have to cancel one if no discounts... and keep the other.
I am seeing/hearing many people now talking about cancelling for many different reasons.... the surge in Covid is one big reason... and the other reasons include the insane crowds and wait times... No Fast Passes...... and the lack of any kind of discounts.... and the fact that not all shows/experiences are back yet.
Plus.... the insane price increases everywhere....... every day we see they raised prices on something else... from food to merchandise to the cost of the resort rooms! Next will be a huge increase in tickets... and we all know there is no advance warning on that!!

The 50th celebration lasts 18 months... I think alot of people are going to postpone till 2022!

We are hoping to go at the beginning of November but yikes! The cost is significantly more than we normally pay and some places are booked. Crazy.
We are booked for early Nov as well. Just curious if you're still holding out on possible resort discounts or if you've booked one of the few options that pop up?

I feel that Disney is, on purpose, ramping up demand for rooms for this Fall, so they sell out without any discounts. They're doing it by releasing rooms/hotels in phases, scheduling refurbs (i.e. Sports until Dec.) to encourage us to book up the few rooms available (Music has been the only recent Value avail.).

We were hoping for Pop as 1st choice, then Movies 2nd, and for now, booked Music. I'd like to at least search for a Priceline deal on Swan Dolphin before settling.

We are booked for early Nov as well. Just curious if you're still holding out on possible resort discounts or if you've booked one of the few options that pop up?

No, we have not booked anything. We are still deciding what to do. We may opt for Universal this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter