• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall 2012 Professional Internships

I have been in interview stage for two internships since my first interview (and follow up interview to ask more questions during that same week). I haven't heard any accepting Adventures by Disney or WDPRO Finance so I'm hopeful I still can get into one of them. Any of these internships would be an amazing opportunity!

I had my interview for Distribution Marketing Services Internship over 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. This is the most painful wait I have ever had to endure. I'm still waiting to hears back from several other internships as well but I was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything? Every time my phone rings, I jump so high! I really hope I get the background check email soon!!

don't get down, I only had the phone screen too and then I was offered a position a month later, so don't worry you may very well still be in the running.
Good luck!

I'm in the same boat; aside from the screening interview...nothing. I don't know what to think either. They have hundreds of positions open so I'm sure they need way more than just the people that we've seen on Facebook who says they got accepted. Unless they ranked the applications, it really is puzzling that 90% of the people, especially for PI's, are STILL in interview stage. I hope the "mad rush" during the last week of April is in our favor.

Until then...
:surfweb:

What makes you think they have hundreds of positions open? I am pretty sure there are not that many available PI positions. It is not the same as regular CP. It is more of an as need basis.

I'm so excited! I was offered and accepted a position today as this season's Disney Traditions Intern! Looks like I have about 10 extra days to pillage and plunder in the Caribbean once more :). Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks and hope you get phone calls from Amy soon enough!

I'm so excited! I was offered and accepted a position today as this season's Disney Traditions Intern! Looks like I have about 10 extra days to pillage and plunder in the Caribbean once more :). Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks and hope you get phone calls from Amy soon enough!

Congratulations! I was hoping that Disney casting would call on a Sunday and looks like they did especially for you :) I am waiting anxiously to hear from them - I'm still IS for 2 positions.

Whoo hoo!! That's awesome!! :banana:

What makes you think they have hundreds of positions open? I am pretty sure there are not that many available PI positions. It is not the same as regular CP. It is more of an as need basis.

When I said "hundreds of positions" I mean ALL internship positions in the entire company.

Oh really?
Heaven2dc- When I applied to animal programs they said they would notify everyone by april 27th...is the May 2nd deadline something different?

The April 27th deadline is only for the animal programs. May 6th, which has been officially told to me by Casting, is the deadline for all the other internships.

So I guess I didn't have to wait 5 days...just got the rejection email today. :sad2:

Feeling pretty down about it, but hopefully I can gain some more experience and reapply again in the fall.

I wish the rest of you the best of luck!

So I guess I didn't have to wait 5 days...just got the rejection email today. :sad2:

Feeling pretty down about it, but hopefully I can gain some more experience and reapply again in the fall.

:eek: Aww man, that's just aweful!! I'm so sorry. I know you were looking forward to an internship with them; see if you can find out why they rejected you. Then you'd have something specific to focus on for next cycle. I really feel bad you didn't get it... :guilty:

I'm sorry! I hope you reapply in the fall. This has been a long stressful experience and I'm still waiting to hear too (I didn't get accepted for the CP so am hoping for one of the PI's.) Good luck to you!

Hi guys I just joined Disboards, I've been watching this thread for a few days. This application process is so stressful! Good luck to anyone that's still in the running :shamrock: has anyone heard any movement from people who applied Disney Institute Facilitation Assistant Internship or Disney University Learning & Development Internship? I just recently saw the first one mentioned in an FB group- I'm just wondering if these aren't very popular ones.... I'm still IS on my dashboard for both- but I got NLIC for 2 others a few weeks back. I'm probably about to go NLIC for both soon- maybe no point in asking other then for future knowledge!

:hippie: :love: & :tinker: dust! <3 K

didn't know there was a facebook group for PI, I was looking to see who else got it! Don't worry just hang in there, I notice that once people got the background check questionaire it means you probably got it unless you have something questionable on your record.

Good luck!

didn't know there was a facebook group for PI, I was looking to see who else got it! Don't worry just hang in there, I notice that once people got the background check questionaire it means you probably got it unless you have something questionable on your record.

Good luck!

thank you! I'm actually really confused about the last couple of weeks because I never had any second interviews... that's why I think it is only a matter of time before I'm eliminated. Based on DisBoard convos from last year it looks like there are only 2 DI Facilitation Assistant positions each time around & I've yet to see much of the other one mentioned... but it is for new projects.

Good luck!

I got a background check email for a PI I got NLICed for a week ago but I don't have anything questionable on my record. I think they choose a group of people they think are promising and send them all the email and then choose the exact people they want from there. I waited forever to finally get NLICed for them. Makes me feel a little better in a way because I know that I was at least being considered for a long time.

But, case in point, just because you get the background check email doesn't mean you're necessarily going to get it; it just means you're being seriously considered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter