Fabulous 50TH Festivities With Friends and Family 3/30/2022 It's a Wrap and Will I Be Back????

We're just missing you AGAIN!!!! We are at Universal March 4-6 and Disney 6-8.

BUT of COURSE! We have toyed with coming down a little earlier but probably won't make the change since I want to celebrate my birthday at home first.

No worries if they start selling APs again we plan to go back a few more times. We already have a plan for early June, MAYBE end of July, and possibly late Sept/early October.

Last edited:

I'm finally caught up and you're back in DW again. I'm enjoying your 50th trip but still need to get caught up on your Vlogs. The end of the year really messed me up. We did a December trip right before yours. We left on the Friday as you were coming in. Enjoy your trip. I hope you get to spend some time with Tim. My DD has switched from DCP to a Professional Internship and is now in DHS. I think I may have lost her to the Mouse.

We're just missing you AGAIN!!!! We are at Universal March 4-6 and Disney 6-8.

Well we are now coming down on March 8th...so perhaps just PERHAPS we can make time to say hello depending on your return flight home...and whatever reservations I end up making that day to celebrate my birthday! 🎂😁

No worries if they start selling APs again we plan to go back a few more times.
Thank goodness we were able to get new ones!!!

Maybe we will bump into you again. We'll be at the Boardwalk Mar 6-9th. You must be meeting up with some Dis friends that we know. ;)
We are, lol! We're doing Universal and Disney!

I think I may have lost her to the Mouse.
That's not a bad thing, lol.

Well we are now coming down on March 8th...so perhaps just PERHAPS we can make time to say hello depending on your return flight home...and whatever reservations I end up making that day to celebrate my birthday! 🎂😁
We leave right after breakfast on the 8th. We're driving to St Pete for the day and flying home from Tampa on the last flight out. ☹

Lol! So I have no idea where I left off, so had to go back a few pages to check. That's what happens when you neglect a TR... ☹ Where did we eat dinner after HS? I'm thinking we landed at Geyser Point with Ariane and Steve but I honestly have no idea what we did as I didn't document it...But, we did spend the next day back at Epcot. We had lunch with some YouTube friends and then went back to GP for a Margarita Flight Tasting. It was Halloween-themed and designed by our bartender friend, Josh. It was fabulous!!! After that, we went back to Epcot to hop in line for Remy's since we were fortunate enough to get a virtual queue.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure is adorable and my new favorite ride at Epcot. Since the 50th, I've ridden it 2 more times and it's a different ride experience each time. It goes forwards, backward, and spins a bit. There are wonderful smells and the storyline is so fun!! I know a lot of people feel underwhelmed by it but I personally love it.

After Remy, Joe, and I grabbed an early dinner at La Creperie. Wow! This new, little restaurant in the France Pavillion is a hit! We both ordered from the Prix Fix Menu. This entitled us to soup or salad, a drink, 1 savory crepe, and 1 dessert crepe. Everything we ate was amazing, BUT, it's a lot of food. We should have shared. Lesson learned. We would definitely go back though!

We met up with Ariane and Steve a few hours later because we had something amazing planned. Well, we thought it would be amazing...

Next up, we have reservations at Spice Road Table. It's a Harmonious Fireworks Package...

Sounds like a tasty day so far!!!! I'm pretty sure I know where this is going if you're headed to watch Harmonious.....at least you had great company!!!

Warning!!!! Negative Harmonious Fireworks Package and Harmonious Review!!!

After our delicious crepes, Joe and I walked around World Showcase for a bit before meeting up with the besties. We had the Harmonious Fireworks Package booked at Spice Road and we were all so excited to see it from this vantage point. Plus, Spice Road has amazing food and we couldn't wait to sample more of it. We were all really looking forward to this.

Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. The service was not up to par this night and Harmonious was met with an obstructed view. The food was delicious in terms of the small plates. We enjoyed everything we ate. The desserts, not so much. The 3 pastries were very dry and all tasted the same. We were also never asked if we wanted more alcohol, which was included. It was difficult getting our waiter's attention. We also had to have all our food orders in like 15 minutes before the show started. I get this. You probably don't want servers walking around when you are trying to enjoy the show. But, this just made the whole meal feel very rushed. This just isn't a good package IMO.

There are much better areas to stand around WS, with much better views. That being said, I don't like Harmonious. I don't like the music and I absolutely loathe the mechanical Ursula in the middle of the lagoon. It disrupts the sightlines and everything the Imagineers worked so hard to create. We have a full, more detailed review on YT. It's so detailed, we had to break it down into 2 vlogs. I will link both vlogs for anyone who is interested...

The best part of this night was obviously spending it with our friends. Any time with them is a win!!!! ❤ ❤ Very sad that this package didn't work out. I think a better location, with a better view, would have made a big difference. FYI, this package books up extremely fast if you're interested, don't procrastinate.

Wow...sad to hear about the reviews of the new shows. I'm doing my best not to read or watch anything about them so I can experience them myself and form an opinion but it doesn't sound good. I guess I'll know next week.

We leave for our trip on MONDAY now!

Great photo of you all but a shame it wasn't a better experience. Disney seems to be heading in the wrong direction on so many things these days. You did the parks without genie+ right? Is it impossible to ride anything without waiting forever or getting up and the crack of dawn? Thinking maybe, just maybe (spinning round and cursing for fear I'll jinx myself lol) that it is ever so slightly possible a trip is in my future in the next 12 months but with a teenager who doesn't do mornings and spiralling costs (thanks disney) I'm not sure if we should wait until later and see if things improve both experience and $$ wise

Last edited:
The more I see Harmonious the more I like it. :) But I can understand how you feel. Those crazy arms are distracting.

I didn't like Enchantment and I'm in no hurry to see it again. Do you plan to watch Harmonious again, maybe at a better location?

Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as good as I had hoped. The service was not up to par this night and Harmonious was met with an obstructed view. The food was delicious in terms of the small plates. We enjoyed everything we ate. The desserts, not so much. The 3 pastries were very dry and all tasted the same. We were also never asked if we wanted more alcohol, which was included. It was difficult getting our waiter's attention. We also had to have all our food orders in like 15 minutes before the show started. I get this. You probably don't want servers walking around when you are trying to enjoy the show. But, this just made the whole meal feel very rushed. This just isn't a good package IMO.
That's too bad. It 's not inexpensive so you certainly don't want to be rushed or feel that you don't get the full value.
The best part of this night was obviously spending it with our friends. Any time with them is a win!!!! ❤ ❤ Very sad that this package didn't work out. I think a better location, with a better view, would have made a big difference. FYI, this package books up extremely fast if you're interested, don't procrastinate.
Time with dear friends is always the best!

Wow...sad to hear about the reviews of the new shows. I'm doing my best not to read or watch anything about them so I can experience them myself and form an opinion but it doesn't sound good. I guess I'll know next week.
Have a great trip!

You did the parks without genie+ right?
Yes. We REFUSE to use Genie+.

Is it impossible to ride anything without waiting forever or getting up and the crack of dawn?
Yes and no. Disney has posted exaggerated wait times for some rides in my opinion to encourage guests to purchase Genie. We have timed a decent amount of wait times and 8/10 times they are lower than posted. Now, that being said, the parks have been obnoxiously crowded. Genie and Lightning Lane really impact stand by for the worst. The days of riding attraction after attraction are over...

Do you plan to watch Harmonious again, maybe at a better location?
Nope! I have zero desire. I'm just not a fan.

Great picture of you guys!! Maybe with more alcohol, you might have enjoyed the show a little better
Thank you! Doubtful. I just think Disney messed these 2 shows up. I really, really, really wanted to fall in love with both of them.

Time with dear friends is always the best!
This is the truth!!!

Yes and no. Disney has posted exaggerated wait times for some rides in my opinion to encourage guests to purchase Genie. We have timed a decent amount of wait times and 8/10 times they are lower than posted. Now, that being said, the parks have been obnoxiously crowded. Genie and Lightning Lane really impact stand by for the worst. The days of riding attraction after attraction are over...
The way things are now just makes me sad and mad in equal measure! I really want to get excited about planning a trip and I know if we go we will have a good time because we always do but everything has gotten so much more expensive and you seem to be getting so much less. It really does seem that Disney is just out to grab as much money off the guest as possible while but delivering on the service their end. Less housekeeping, no magical express, magicband or fp. Increased cost of everything from food to souvenirs to rooms and (just when you think well we can share meals occasionally) decreased portion sizes
Glad to hear (and see through your vlogs) that fun times are still possible without flipping genie +

The way things are now just makes me sad and mad in equal measure! I really want to get excited about planning a trip and I know if we go we will have a good time because we always do but everything has gotten so much more expensive and you seem to be getting so much less. It really does seem that Disney is just out to grab as much money off the guest as possible while but delivering on the service their end. Less housekeeping, no magical express, magicband or fp. Increased cost of everything from food to souvenirs to rooms and (just when you think well we can share meals occasionally) decreased portion sizes
Glad to hear (and see through your vlogs) that fun times are still possible without flipping genie +
We are not renewing our AP's at the end of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter