Fabulous 50TH Festivities With Friends and Family 3/30/2022 It's a Wrap and Will I Be Back????

It sounds like you have been really busy. I bet you can't wait to relax in WDW later this month. We will be there Feb 6-10th.
The parks did absolutely NOTHING to celebrate the momentous celebration of the 50th Anniversary at
This was crazy. What a disappointment for so many people. I was glad that we went home on Sept 30th.
45 minutes later, I had my tea and a coffee for Joe, and the Besties.
That 45 minutes must have felt like an eternity. ;) When I want coffee I want it "right now".
Thankfully, this was the only true disappointment of the day. The 4 of us had the BEST time!!! Because everyone was waiting in lines for things like tee shirts and popcorn buckets, we were able to basically walk on every ride we wanted.
I would have liked that part of the day. :)
SUPER CUTE TEE ARIANE MADE FOR US!!!
That is a very cute shirt. Ariane also has a very Disney-ish face mask. :)

Mmm, your lunch looks like the perfect hangover cure!!!

I still cannot believe the lack of celebration that happened on the 50th!! I couldn't wait to get out of school, so I could hit social media to catch up.....womp, womp. So disappointing. But, glad you had the best company and made the most of the low wait times!

I am totally in the #BringBackWishes camp! And while Enchantment doesn't really do anything for me emotionally, it did feel SO good to see fireworks over the castle again on our trip last week.

Kari and Matt came to visit.
It was so good to see you :rotfl: Really promise I'll drop that one of these days...Maybe 2034

The parks did absolutely NOTHING to celebrate the momentous celebration of the 50th Anniversary at MK. Unless. of course you wanted merch. There were crazy long lines, virtual queues, and fights breaking out in Starbucks for a bunch of stupid cups.
What a disappointment. I remember watching the DL 60th celebration and all WDW gets is not enough merch. Yet another strike for Disney. Are they up to 99,999 or 100,000 of those now :confused3

I was really hungover and not only did I have a headache and upset stomach, but I just felt disgusting. I felt that hangover smell and grossness one tends to feel the next morning after too many drinks and not enough sleep.
I cannot even imagine having to get up that early and go to MK hungover. You are certainly a trooper. I would have stayed firmly in bed

The BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos were delicious and they make an AWESOME Bloody!!! We all know alcohol is a definite cure for a hangover, lol!
I had no idea their bloody was so good. Hair of the dog and carbs. No better treatment.

Don't hate on me. I won't even make apologies. Enchantment is not a good show and after seeing it on tv and again in person on Main Street, I dislike it even more now.
No hatred from me. We didn't even bother to watch it in person. We've seen it online a few times and it just isn't good. How they have a special show for the 50th anniversary that is all about movies from the last 20 years is beyond me. Make that strike 100,001

Love these shirts! You look fabulous. I would never have guessed how you were feeling

Mmm, your lunch looks like the perfect hangover cure!!!
I have to say that it was very good.

I still cannot believe the lack of celebration that happened on the 50th!! I couldn't wait to get out of school, so I could hit social media to catch up.....womp, womp. So disappointing. But, glad you had the best company and made the most of the low wait times!
The 50th as far as festivities was such a HUGE disappointment.

I am totally in the #BringBackWishes camp! And while Enchantment doesn't really do anything for me emotionally, it did feel SO good to see fireworks over the castle again on our trip last week.
I loved Wishes too. I would literally take Mickey standing in front of the Castle shooting off confetti over Enchantment. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What a disappointment. I remember watching the DL 60th celebration and all WDW gets is not enough merch. Yet another strike for Disney. Are they up to 99,999 or 100,000 of those now :confused3
This is exactly why we are going to Universal in March. We just need a little change.

I cannot even imagine having to get up that early and go to MK hungover. You are certainly a trooper. I would have stayed firmly in bed
Kari, it was soooo rough. It was good to come back to the resort mid-day to nap.

I had no idea their bloody was so good. Hair of the dog and carbs. No better treatment.
It was!!!! I think the one at Steakhouse 71 is my current favorite.

No hatred from me. We didn't even bother to watch it in person. We've seen it online a few times and it just isn't good. How they have a special show for the 50th anniversary that is all about movies from the last 20 years is beyond me. Make that strike 100,001
It was such a HUGE disappointment. It's just not a good show and Disney should recognize that!!!!

I cannot even tell you how nice it was to take a nap after my hungover morning in MK. Refreshed, showered, and changed, we met Ariane and Steve down at the boat dock and sailed back to the park. We watched a cavalcade, shopped for some exclusive 50th merch (since our virtual queue number had been called) and I think we even rode a ride or 2 before dinner.

Speaking of dinner, we would be dining at Be Our Guest this evening. Now, I haven't been to BOG in a few years and haven't been since the new pre-fixed menu debuted. So, I was looking forward to it. We were given a table in front of the beautiful picture window in the main dining room. It was so magical watching it snow outside as we chatted and enjoyed our meals. I can't remember what everyone had (not even Joe), but I started with the French onion soup, moved on to the filet, and finished with the dessert trio. I liked everything I ate. Was it the best meal? No. But, it was a good, solid choice and I'm happy we were able to go back. The only reason I wouldn't rush to go again any time soon is simply because I like the Plaza and Skippers more.

After dinner, we decided to stay in front of Beast's Castle to watch Enchantment. I also want to add that we literally walked on and off 7DMT twice between dinner and the fireworks in a span of about 20 minutes or so. This was a perk of the 49,996 other guests crammed in front of the Castle all trying for that perfect spot to see the new fireworks show. No thank you.

There was ZERO way we were going to make any attempt to try to get in front of Cindy's Castle with the crowds being what they were. People had started camping out for Enchantment's debut in the wee hours of the morning. I'm NOT kidding. I will say that I loved seeing the fireworks from this vantage point. They were literally right above us and there was something special about that. But, that's where it ends for me. Enchantment is nothing more than a string of movie clips with sub-par music and disappointing projections both on the Castle and down Main Street. The projections down Main Street are awful IMO, because they get lost in the intricate detailing of the buildings. Now that I've seen it from the front, the back, and from the tv, I can honestly say there's zero reasons for me to see it again. I honestly think it would be better if Mickey stood in front of the Castle and shot off confetti bombs. Just saying...

Next up, Joe and I hit up Hollywood Studios and renew our AP's!!!!

Last edited:
Speaking of dinner, we would be dining at Be Our Guest this evening. Now, I haven't been to BOG in a few years and haven't been since the new pre-fixed menu debuted. So, I was looking forward to it. We were given a table in front of the beautiful picture window in the main dining room. It was so magical watching it snow outside as we chatted and enjoyed our meals. I can't remember what everyone had (not even Joe), but I started with the French onion soup, moved on to the filet, and finished with the dessert trio. I liked everything I ate. Was it the best meal? No. But, it was a good, solid choice and I'm happy we were able to go back. The only reason I wouldn't rush to go again any time soon is simply because I like the Plaza and Skippers more.
I really enjoyed the French onion soup at BOG when I went for lunch. It was an one and done for me though. I still need to try the Plaza but overall, I'd rather go to a MK resort area restaurant than eat in the park.
There was ZERO way we were going to make any attempt to try to get in front of Cindy's Castle with the crowds being what they were. People had started camping out for Enchantment's debut in the wee hours of the morning. I'm NOT kidding. I will say that I loved seeing the fireworks from this vantage point. They were literally right above us and there was something special about that. But, that's where it ends for me. Enchantment is nothing more than a string of movie clips with sub-par music and disappointing projections both on the Castle and down Main Street. The projections down Main Street are awful IMO, because they get lost in the intricate detailing of the buildings. Now that I've seen it from the front, the back, and from the tv, I can honestly say there's zero reasons for me to see it again. I honestly think it would be better if Mickey stood in front of the Castle and shot off confetti bombs. Just saying...
You know, I don't mind the lyrics and will listen to the soundtrack. However, I don't think it's a 50th show at all and in no way can it hold a candle to HEA.

Been to BOG for pre park opening breakfast a few times and enjoyed it and it’s so handy to 7dmt afterwards. Glad you got to ride that a couple times with ease. Enchantment does not sound good but at least you got a good spot to see the fireworks without the crowds I suppose. Disney needs to up their games and fix their nighttime spectaculars to make them, ehem , spectacular ( or good at the very least).
You look lovely in your dress and matching ears. Lovely photos of the four of you b

I love your dress! It is very cute and it looks very comfortable, too. :)

I started with the French onion soup, moved on to the filet, and finished with the dessert trio. I liked everything I ate.
We ate dinner at BOG for the first, and last, time in September, too. The French onion soup was really good and I liked my pork tenderloin. But it is one and done for us. I like a relaxing atmosphere and this was very chaotic.
After dinner, we decided to stay in front of Beast's Castle to watch Enchantment. I also want to add that we literally walked on and off 7DMT twice between dinner and the fireworks in a span of about 20 minutes or so.
That was really good planning. 7DMT rarely has that short of a line.
We saw fireworks from that area, too, and it was a different and fun experience. I'm in no hurry to see Enchantment again. The music is uninspiring.

I really enjoyed the French onion soup at BOG when I went for lunch. It was an one and done for me though. I still need to try the Plaza but overall, I'd rather go to a MK resort area restaurant than eat in the park.
You are definitely right. We just didn't have much to choose from when our 60 day window came and we already knew we wanted to leave the park in the mid-afternoon.

You look lovely in your dress and matching ears. Lovely photos of the four of you b
Aww! Thank you!!! ❤
We saw fireworks from that area, too, and it was a different and fun experience. I'm in no hurry to see Enchantment again. The music is uninspiring.
You got that right, lol!!!!!

Sounds like you all had a great evening. I cannot believe you were able to get on mine train twice. And of course we all know that is Steve's favorite ride.

Glad to hear that BoG was good. We used to like the lunch here when it wasn't a price fix but haven't tried dinner. With so many great places to eat on property (but not always in MK) not sure we'll ever get there but who knows.

And I'll leave ya with this. You are right. Better than harmonious.

We haven't been back to Be Our Guest since the pre fixe menu started, but I used to love having lunch there as a quick service option!!

I will say that I loved seeing the fireworks from this vantage point. They were literally right above us and there was something special about that.
Agreed!!! During our December trip, we watched the fireworks twice from back in Fantasyland, (and once more oh, so magically from inside Cinderella's Royal Table!). I love that vantage point, too, because as soon as the fireworks are ending, we zipped right onto a ride ahead of the crowds coming off of Main St.

Hollywood Studios was so much fun. This is my least favorite park but I have really come to love Toy Story Land and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. It's such a cute ride. We were able to meet up with @buzzrelley and her hubby, Mike, and ran into @chunkymonkey and Steve, which was totally unexpected. We also renewed our AP's, which was also unexpected.

We ended up getting to HS a couple of hours after opening and were able to ride MMRR right before our lunch reservation at HBD. Joe and I started with drinks (of course). I had a bloody and Joe had something with whiskey. For our meals, I had the famous Cobb salad with shrimp and Joe had the trout with lump crab. Both of our meals were fantastic. Service was a bit lacking but we've never had stellar service here.

After lunch, we walked on to RotR twice in a 2 hour period, which was amazing!!!! We also rode A** and Toy Story Mania. We even had time to get a snack at Woody's Lunch Box. Joe and I shared a pop tart and adult lemonade. This is another one of my favorite Disney cocktails. It's so light and refreshing and perfect for such a warm day.

Next up, we spend the day at Epcot but leave to do something special at Geyser Point.

We ended up getting to HS a couple of hours after opening and were able to ride MMRR right before our lunch reservation at HBD. Joe and I started with drinks (of course). I had a bloody and Joe had something with whiskey. For our meals, I had the famous Cobb salad with shrimp and Joe had the trout with lump crab. Both of our meals were fantastic. Service was a bit lacking but we've never had stellar service here.
I love that Cobb salad!
After lunch, we walked on to RotR twice in a 2 hour period, which was amazing!!!! We also rode A** and Toy Story Mania. We even had time to get a snack at Woody's Lunch Box. Joe and I shared a pop tart and adult lemonade. This is another one of my favorite Disney cocktails. It's so light and refreshing and perfect for such a warm day.
That's amazing that you got on RoTR twice! How did that ever happen? I need to try the adult lemonade at Woody's!

Hollywood Studios was so much fun. This is my least favorite park but I have really come to love Toy Story Land and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. It's such a cute ride. We were able to meet up with @buzzrelley and her hubby, Mike, and ran into @chunkymonkey and Steve, which was totally unexpected. We also renewed our AP's, which was also unexpected.

Next up, we spend the day at Epcot but leave to do something special at Geyser Point.
What a fun day at HS for you. I also love M&MRR. My kids haven't been on it at all yet, but I plan to force them on it in March with us! I think it's very cute. I also love the Cobb Salad but had never considered adding shrimp to it...YUM!

Love that you got your APs renewed. I'm so hoping they start selling them again soon for our upcoming trip. PLEASE Disney?!

I'm so mad at myself for not planning our DHS time in December to include eating at Woody's Lunchbox!! We were always on our way to or from something else when doing Toy Storyland, that we just plain missed out. Those tator tots, grilled cheese, pop tarts and adult drinks are calling me!!! Guess I'll have to go back :)

That's amazing that you got on RoTR twice! How did that ever happen? I need to try the adult lemonade at Woody's!
It was right after they ended the virtual queue but right before Genie+, which proves just how bad Genie+ is...

What a fun day at HS for you. I also love M&MRR. My kids haven't been on it at all yet, but I plan to force them on it in March with us! I think it's very cute. I also love the Cobb Salad but had never considered adding shrimp to it...YUM!
Hi Dina! When will you be there in March?????

That was amazing good luck. Hollywood Studios really improved a lot with the addition of Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge.
Absolutely love both of them!!!!

I'm so mad at myself for not planning our DHS time in December to include eating at Woody's Lunchbox!! We were always on our way to or from something else when doing Toy Storyland, that we just plain missed out. Those tator tots, grilled cheese, pop tarts and adult drinks are calling me!!! Guess I'll have to go back :)
There's always so much to do at Disney and always so much that we have planned and so much that we miss out on. I vote on booking another trip, lol!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter