F&W Festival Passports..... so disappointed

I am still disappointed, and there is no wrong or right to that. Everyone comes to Disney with their own likes, preferences and expectations. We are increasingly disappointed with Disney - and yes, I do perceive other people "ruining" things for me (like the Dining Plan ruining the food in the restaurants as another example). I pointed out one reason why. You disagree. Ask me if I care. This board is for sharing our thoughts. I shared mine and am entitled to do so. Don't care if you don't like or agree with my thoughts. If you disagree so vehemently, why bother coming on the thread? Seems like it's YOU that's the one that is determined to be "right" about the fact that I am so wrong....

It's literally just a free side distraction on top of the F&W festival, I really can't get it in my head to be so worked up about a few stickers. Calm down. Disney isn't losing special touches, or making it less special just because you pop a sticker in your book instead of a stamp. That's a over exaggeration and you know it.

I always pick up a passport just to mark what I've had because I try to get at least one thing from each booth and after a while I forget what I've had. I've never once had it stamped but I did use the stickers this year. I thought the lines went much faster without people in them just for stamps, last year I can't tell you how many times I heard "can I get my passport stamped, I forgot". Just before I left to come home I threw it in the trash, I never keep them but then I don't keep my old "real" passports either. As a matter of fact, last time I renewed mine I did it on line and Uncle Sam insisted I send my old one in and kept it. It had extra pages added to it I had so many stamps in it. Might have been because it was from the 70s and well and truly expired.

I think the stickers are a welcome change. I agree with others about the pain of getting the stamps. Also, my daughter loves the passport and having stickers will make this a more interactive experience for her since she will be the one getting to put them in the passport.

I do predict they go through a LOT more books now, my girls took half a dozen each for the stickers lol

Great...... So kids are grabbing handfuls now?! I hope there will be some left for us when we get there in Nov. :(

The stickers are not a big deal for me either way. I use the passport more to keep track of what I want to try, and plan my path around WS. I haven't been to F&W for a few years now so as long as they still have the food and the Wine I'm good. Personally I'd rather have an app to track my F&W experience that is seperate from MDE app.

Only Canada and Nassau (the latter while cruising) are lax with their passport stamps I've noticed. For an American, at least. Actually the Bahamas countries for cruising you do need to go seek out the stamps. They know how you are leaving when you're cruising, and that it will be that day. Plus most Bahamas etc cruises, for Americans, don't even require a passport, so why have someone there for it? We use passports for cruising and we go in search of the stamps, personally.
When we went to Vancouver a few years ago, our passports didn't get stamped. When we went to Toronto a few months ago, they got stamped without us even asking. Ymmv.

It's literally just a free side distraction on top of the F&W festival, I really can't get it in my head to be so worked up about a few stickers. Calm down. Disney isn't losing special touches, or making it less special just because you pop a sticker in your book instead of a stamp. That's a over exaggeration and you know it.
I agree that it's not a huge deal, but it certainly is a special touch that's lost - obviously it was special to the OP. Just like towel animals or greeters outside at hotels or many other small things that make WDW special to many people.

I don't see the OP starting petitions, writing emails to guest services, George, or Bob, or screaming at the GS agents. OP was expressing disappointment at the loss of something they enjoyed. Obviously it's not important to everyone, and many prefer the new system. But there's no need to disparage someone's feelings over this

There are special touches, and there are special touches. They didn't take the passport away. They changed the way it was filled out, and they did that for a good reason. Not to cost-cut or cheapen the guest experience (it's possible it cost them more to produce the stickers), but to make the ordering line move more efficiently by keeping out those who weren't ordering but just wanted stamps, and less steps for the CMs working them. I get that the OP was disappointed because to them, the stamps were the special part, not the passport itself. There's a straw that breaks every camel, and this may be theirs. Probably not going to be a lot of agreement on it though.

If they end up having a problem with people slapping stickers all over Epcot and having to pay custodians to scrape them off, though, they may end up going back to stamps. Or just getting rid of the passport. Folks, be responsible with your stickers!

There are special touches, and there are special touches. They didn't take the passport away. They changed the way it was filled out, and they did that for a good reason. Not to cost-cut or cheapen the guest experience (it's possible it cost them more to produce the stickers), but to make the ordering line move more efficiently by keeping out those who weren't ordering but just wanted stamps, and less steps for the CMs working them. I get that the OP was disappointed because to them, the stamps were the special part, not the passport itself. There's a straw that breaks every camel, and this may be theirs. Probably not going to be a lot of agreement on it though.

If they end up having a problem with people slapping stickers all over Epcot and having to pay custodians to scrape them off, though, they may end up going back to stamps. Or just getting rid of the passport. Folks, be responsible with your stickers!
we need to create sticker awareness :D
In all honesty though I agree with it being more efficient now.

OMG, I never think of things like this. I would hate it if the stickers caused the passport to go away entirely.

Of all the things they've cut out or cut back on, they still seem to be pretty liberal with the Mickey stickers. I don't think it will be an issue.

The stickers are not a big deal for me either way. I use the passport more to keep track of what I want to try, and plan my path around WS. I haven't been to F&W for a few years now so as long as they still have the food and the Wine I'm good. Personally I'd rather have an app to track my F&W experience that is seperate from MDE app.
There is an app. It's just WDW Food and Wine. You can mark which items you want to try and rate stuff.

There is an app. It's just WDW Food and Wine. You can mark which items you want to try and rate stuff.

I was going to post the same thing. I think there are a few apps out there. Mine says it's from SmallWorldCode.

I looked in the google store and Disney does not have an app for Food and Wine. The other apps are old, and not free. :( I did find an app called Drink Around the World EPCOT. This requires registration with a new serivce. Is there another app i'm missing?

We were there when it opened and tried the sticker book. My 9 year old son loved it and it encouraged him to try stuff he never does at home. Big win there. My husband and I were very disappointed. We love the stamps in the world showcase and I make everyone homemade world showcase passports before we go. I even made a special passport of all the food and wine booths complete with menus to have stamped and signed at each of the booths. Putting a sticker in it instead of having it stamped was not the same thing. It could have been the heat, but it made EPCOT feel less magical to us and we lost out on some fun cast member interaction as a result. I wish I had known a head of time they were changing the system so I wouldn't have put the time and money into making the book.

I looked in the google store and Disney does not have an app for Food and Wine. The other apps are old, and not free. :( I did find an app called Drink Around the World EPCOT. This requires registration with a new serivce. Is there another app i'm missing?

Go to the website for the last word(s) in my post above. There is a link to the Apps Store, and the App will come up for you if you click it.

We were there when it opened and tried the sticker book. My 9 year old son loved it and it encouraged him to try stuff he never does at home. Big win there. My husband and I were very disappointed. We love the stamps in the world showcase and I make everyone homemade world showcase passports before we go. I even made a special passport of all the food and wine booths complete with menus to have stamped and signed at each of the booths. Putting a sticker in it instead of having it stamped was not the same thing. It could have been the heat, but it made EPCOT feel less magical to us and we lost out on some fun cast member interaction as a result. I wish I had known a head of time they were changing the system so I wouldn't have put the time and money into making the book.

I feel bad that you went to a lot of effort for naught but for many others, using stickers versus stamps is more efficient.

Let's face it--WDW always has made and will continue to make changes. Some changes you'll like, others not so much.

You sound like a creative lady. :) I admire that trait and I'm sure that you'll find other vacation activities for your family. Take it from me--the way your kids enjoy Disney now will change too. Seems like they go from believing in the characters to wanting to go on the most thrilling rides to being too cool for Disney in a flash. :)

Of all the things they've cut out or cut back on, they still seem to be pretty liberal with the Mickey stickers. I don't think it will be an issue.
Glad they are still liberal with the Mickey Stickers. DS LOVED getting a sticker from a CM randomly, like if he was polite, or just because, and his sister is DEFINITELY sticker driven. They bring her delight.

I feel bad that you went to a lot of effort for naught but for many others, using stickers versus stamps is more efficient.

Let's face it--WDW always has made and will continue to make changes. Some changes you'll like, others not so much.

You sound like a creative lady. :) I admire that trait and I'm sure that you'll find other vacation activities for your family. Take it from me--the way your kids enjoy Disney now will change too. Seems like they go from believing in the characters to wanting to go on the most thrilling rides to being too cool for Disney in a flash. :)
That is something everyone needs to remember. There will always be changes. Sometimes things will be added, sometimes taken away. And sometimes, like this, things will change.

It isn't personal. It's life.

Its only for apple, no android version as of yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter