"Extreme Couponing" or Ho"arders- Grocery Edition"

It's difficult not to take personally what that J'aime person did.

I've couponed for many years. You are not successfully couponing if you are not following the terms of the coupon to the letter as well as the store's policy.

It isn't a win if you have to cheat to do it.

Sorry

Off the soapbox.

I've couponed for many years. You are not successfully couponing if you are not following the terms of the coupon to the letter as well as the store's policy.

Sorry

Off the soapbox.

Interesting way if putting it. I agree.what is there to be proud of?

not only that, is she that brazen as to think that she won't be prosecuted now? with such evidence, I can imagine manufacturers not wanting this to become a problem and prosecuting her as a warning.

shame on her.

The show was fun to watch, but it gave me a creepy feeling to see those stockpiles of products. It was like they were addicted to getting the bargain and not just getting things they need and would use. I'm not sure I'd watch again, except my 13 year old missed it and wants to watch it. He has a teacher at school who is a big couponer and shares his deals with the students. Maybe I should put my 13 year old son in charge of finding the coupons and deals for me

I do shop with the same basic concept- use coupons when the item is on a good sale at the store, but not to that extreme. We also do not have double or triple couponing in Iowa, so you can't get those kind of deals on a regular basis - maybe one or two items per store per week.

Hi Lisalis, I'm from Iowa also and have called around my small town for double couponing with no luck. I called the stores in the 2 closest towns and also can't find doubling. Do you know about Des Moines? I was thinking about calling around but it sounds like from your post that no one in Iowa does.

Sorry

Off the soapbox.

Her facebook page is a HOTBED of activity today...most of it not very friendly. She, of course, is declining to respond but continues to post more 'deals' throughout the day.

One of our patient's bragged about how she gets 100s of coupons by keeping the Sunday inserts when she delivers the paper! She said most people don't use them and also she keeps samples that come with papers (we haven't gotten thoses in years...hmmm!). She said when McDs had the Monolopy pieces she won 40 items! That is just wrong. That's the same impression I have of the grocery hoarders. Doing it to feed your family is one thing but buying it just to have it on a shelf is something else.

Her facebook page is a HOTBED of activity today...most of it not very friendly. She, of course, is declining to respond but continues to post more 'deals' throughout the day.

OK, I'm being nosy. Anyone have the link to her FB page? :lmao:

True! To blatantly practice coupon fraud in front of the world, and TLC was notified about it beforehand and they still ran the show. I hope the cops bust her good. And shame on Safeway for letting her use all those coupons fraudulently. It gives all us honest couponers a really bad rap.

Agreed!

Do you know about Des Moines? I was thinking about calling around but it sounds like from your post that no one in Iowa does.
I'm a blogger so I have actually been researching for stores that accept doubles around the US. At last check, there were no know stores in Iowa that double coupons. Sorry.

Wow. If J'amie couponed fraudulently, I hope she's prosecuted. That's the same as outright stealing, imho.

I wonder what TLC will say. Nothing like having a show that glorifies ripping off stores. Then she has the nerve to do that stupid dance. :mad:

There are a few things they don't tell you on that show....
Like in order to get 100 boxes of Total for free, you have to have 100 coupons...you could buy 100 newspapers for the inserts, bu that would defeat the purpose..so you hav to go to a clipping service. A $1 coupon will cost 12 cents or so, plus the shipping. So that makes it a good deal, but not exactly free.
Also, one of the extreme couponers was blatantly using her coupons fraudulently. She was using "family coupons" (coupons from a general group that will come up as valid on the register) to use a higher value coupon intended for a more expensive item to double and apply to a much cheaper item..thereby making it free. This can actually spell big trouble for the store and the poor cashier that didn't catch it. Isn't it enough to save 50%....do you have to cheat to get it for free?

apparently, she DOES have to cheat to get it free. The sad part is she has been 'teaching' classes and making more criminals who probably don't know any better.

apparently, she DOES have to cheat to get it free. The sad part is she has been 'teaching' classes and making more criminals who probably don't know any better.

Are you serious? Classes on how to cheat the system is really low. How proud she must have been to figure out how to steal from stores. Was she charging a fee for these classes?

Wow. If J'amie couponed fraudulently, I hope she's prosecuted. That's the same as outright stealing, imho.

I wonder what TLC will say. Nothing like having a show that glorifies ripping off stores. Then she has the nerve to do that stupid dance. :mad:

Since TLC didn't seem to care what happened with the debacle with the kids on "J&K+8", I don't think they care about anything but ratings.

But, I gotta say, it sucks to be J'aime Kirlew right now. I had no idea any of this UPC code stuff existed until today.

Are you serious? Classes on how to cheat the system is really low. How proud she must have been to figure out how to steal from stores. Was she charging a fee for these classes?

Yes, $25 a person. I think she charges $35 now. I wonder if she declares it as income or if she cheats the IRS too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter