• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Extra Magic Pandora Hours"

I'm not sure of the time, but I think 7am Eastern time. Yes...60 days if onsite w/tickets. MDE automatically calculates it.

"Select" means Disney owned. Hotels located in Disney Springs or places like the Four Seasons don't have the same EMH privileges. Log on at 60 days out and schedule your FP+ when staying at a WDW resort.
Thanks!!

Q's if u wouldn't mind??
Is it 60 days out for FP, if ur staying onsite..and have tix( is there a plug in for that to generate day/time?) is that midnight of or 6 am. I think our visit is 6/2..

And if it's select resorts .. and didn't get an email ..so we just go on the ap to see if we can get the FP? TIA
I am def confused :(
you can book FP 7AM EST 60 days in you are staying onsite 30 days if you are staying off site

No kidding!

My family isn't on board...yet. We'll see after our first evening and they say "but we didn't get to do/see <insert Pandora thingy here>".

The fact is that I love the idea of a leisurely vacation but am swept away into a CRAM IT IN experience. Even our easy days have a bunch of options because I will be incredibly bored with pool time. My husband & kids are totally fine with pool time...which is why I'm planting the idea of me doing anything but hanging at the pool.

DH wants pool time when he goes, he's not the Disney nerd the rest of us are so .... usually he stays behind with DS1 while DS2 and I hit the parks. Works out really well.

No,10:30 PM,but it COULD be at 11:00 PM.

IllumiNations is always at Park Close and Fantasmic! can even be 30 minutes AFTER "Park Close".:)

Yeah, our ROL was 30 minutes after park closing.

here is an interesting tidbit....My sister and I are traveling with both our families. Staying at ASM for first two nights in separate rooms with separate reservations, then moving to BLT under my DVC ressies. She got an email two days ago about this pandora emh, but I got nothing in my email. So is it just people staying in value resorts and not all of them (her not me? LOL) BLT resort? The possible crowds are throwing me off a bit!!

here is an interesting tidbit....My sister and I are traveling with both our families. Staying at ASM for first two nights in separate rooms with separate reservations, then moving to BLT under my DVC ressies. She got an email two days ago about this pandora emh, but I got nothing in my email. So is it just people staying in value resorts and not all of them (her not me? LOL) BLT resort? The possible crowds are throwing me off a bit!!

Truly there seems to be no rhyme or reason why some get emails and some don't for any given Disney thing.

Even the Pandora AP Preview that just released.
Some got emails about it and some didn't.
For those that booked, some got immediate confirmation emails, some got it hours later and some didn't get at all.

No. Disney's emails are inconsistent. It doesn't mean anything else.

ALL WDW Resorts will be eligible for the Pandora PM EMH.

There will ALSO be "dedicated" times(2 hour "windows") for AP and DVC to experience Pandora in May which require "registration"-this "may" be what the email was about.

I am truly torn!! I want desperately to change our plans around. We arrive on May 21st and our last park day is May 27. Right now we are at AK on Monday and HS on Saturday. When they announced the opening date I managed to get an ADR for Tusker House breakfast on the 27th (and I have one on Monday---will cancel one in the next week or two). I just made our fast passes the day before they announced the extended (7-1am) hours. I'm sitting here now debating. Do we change to AK on Saturday (along with who knows how many of thousands of others?) and just take our chances or do we stick with original plans?
We have only been to AK once and that day was insane. It was the week before Christmas (oddly enough it was December 22 and this time we are slotted for May 22). The crowd was so bad that we only covered half the park. Didn't even get near Everest.
My daughter (who this trip is for) is worried about the crowd level--me I'm saying lets do it....

So my guess awhile back, with info from you, was correct about the 11pm close, with an addition of a second showing of ROL. Not exactly major detective work on my part, but at least I know what I think I know...or something like that. Lol.

Q's if u wouldn't mind??
Is it 60 days out for FP, if ur staying onsite..and have tix( is there a plug in for that to generate day/time?) is that midnight of or 6 am. I think our visit is 6/2..

And if it's select resorts .. and didn't get an email ..so we just go on the ap to see if we can get the FP? TIA
I am def confused :(
I arrive 6/3. My FP day is Tues 4/4.

Do you think Pandora will quickly fill to "capacity" during the PM EMH and then it will be "wait until some leave" for entrance?

We're going 6/2-6/10, our AK day is 6/4. We're planning on staying as late as it's comfortable for us to get a "feel" :crowded: that night before planning more nights to hop over. Not to ride, but to hang out if not too crazy chaotic. It's encouraging the Tree of Life will continue during that time. Hopefully means a big enough area to be busy but not "omg"!?? With us arriving so soon after opening, I'll be SUPER interested to hear DIS feedback on others pm EMH experiences. For those going the opening week, oh please oh please fill the rest of us in :worship::disrocks:

Tia1977- I am thinking the same. We are planning on June 24....had dinner/Rivers of Light planned , then this news came out. We will stick around and check out the crowds as well. I am a little disappointed that there will be two shows....I sort of had a feeling. When I booked the Rivers of Light/dinner package the confirmation said "first showing" and at that time only one show time was posted. I hope it is dark enough for the real effect whenever that first show will be!
Then we can go over and enjoy the other night time events!! Hoping we can make it until the 1am EMH!!

I was looking through Park Hours on the Disney World site and I noticed this at the bottom:

“Extra” Extra Magic Hours – Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels will also have the chance to enjoy “Extra” Extra Magic Hours—available exclusively in Pandora – The World of Avatar from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM, May 27 to July 4, 2017.

Just thought I would share it for others who will be at Disney during this time.

Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter