Extra Easter things to do?

Disneytam

disneytam
I have family that will be at Disney over the Easter weekend. Are there any special things done at the resorts or in the parks for Easter? I know Disney does Halloween and Christmas up big but have never heard anything about Easter.

Just bumping this up from page three. I take it since I'm getting no response that Disney doesn't do anything special for Easter?

When we went a few years back, there really was not much. Might want to check out other local stuff.

I have family that will be at Disney over the Easter weekend. Are there any special things done at the resorts or in the parks for Easter? I know Disney does Halloween and Christmas up big but have never heard anything about Easter.

The resorts do stuff on Easter morning. In years past it's been either a candy scramble or an egg hunt, both are on the lawn and broken up into age groups. The deluxe resorts also have character meets (not sure about other resorts, we're only gone to the monorail resorts on Easter morning).

In EPCOT there's also a free egg hunt in the World Showcase Easter day at the United Kingdom pavilion, you have to sign up for a time slot.

Mr & Mrs Bunny also meet in MK, though I don't know if it's just Easter week.

A few TS places offer Easter brunch as well as a holiday menu for dinner.

Details won't be available until April. Disney is always slow with releasing Easter events for some reason.

We spent the last 2 Easter's in WDW and loved it. It's crowded, but the weather was great.

The resorts do stuff on Easter morning. In years past it's been either a candy scramble or an egg hunt, both are on the lawn and broken up into age groups. The deluxe resorts also have character meets (not sure about other resorts, we're only gone to the monorail resorts on Easter morning).

In EPCOT there's also a free egg hunt in the World Showcase Easter day at the United Kingdom pavilion, you have to sign up for a time slot.

Mr & Mrs Bunny also meet in MK, though I don't know if it's just Easter week.

A few TS places offer Easter brunch as well as a holiday menu for dinner.

Details won't be available until April. Disney is always slow with releasing Easter events for some reason.

We spent the last 2 Easter's in WDW and loved it. It's crowded, but the weather was great.

We will be there over Easter and are super excited! How do you sign up for the egg hunt in Epcot?

There is an Easter Egg Hunt for $5.99 at Epcot
I think i recall seeing a thread recently which linked you to a site so you could print out the egg hunt info. I think at Epcot once they are sold out that is it. I would hate for you to intend on doing it but not able to buy the egg hunt packet. I'll see if i can find and link. I would print bring it with you as a back up.

Does MK not do an Easter Parade anymore? I know they used to. I researched it for our trip last year (we were there over Easter), but we wound up in AK and HS on Easter Sunday.

Edited: I just remembered...it's not an actual Easter Parade, it's a pre-Parade before Festival of Fantasy.

Last year the GF had a beautify decorated Easter Egg display. I think the Contemporary had one also.
I hadn't heard of this. Is it on display for more than just Easter Day? We head home a few day before Easter but it still would be something fun to look out for.

We did Easter brunch at The Wave a few years ago, I just remembered.

I just reserved this and was wondering if it is worth it. I usually feel a brunch buffet is so expensive for what you eat.
I would be happy with the quick service, but worry that it will be mobbed at the Contemporary with Easter services.

Do you happen to recall if the quick service location was unusually crowded on Easter?
Please share your thoughts on the brunch.

Thanks!

I can't speak to the QS location on Easter. As for the buffet, it was very good, but we are fans of the Wave breakfast anyway. It was the their usual buffet with the addition of a few stations from what I recall (meat carving and an omelette I think) plus a dessert bar set up in the bar area with lots of super cute Easter themed desserts. It was expensive and we couldn't use our Tables In Wonderland discount since it was a holiday (or get free TiW valet parking).

We were at WDW last Easter break and we did the egg hunt around the World Showcase. We had so much fun doing that we ended up doing to twice during the vacation. We also participated in egg hunt at BC and we took pictures with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny at MK. Yes, there was faberge egg type decoration done at Grand Floridian as well. However, unless you are specifically looking for things, Easter wasn't that big at WDW.

Is the egg hunt on more than one day? Also what about M/M Easter Bunny in MK?

We were at WDW last Easter break and we did the egg hunt around the World Showcase. We had so much fun doing that we ended up doing to twice during the vacation. We also participated in egg hunt at BC and we took pictures with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny at MK. Yes, there was faberge egg type decoration done at Grand Floridian as well. However, unless you are specifically looking for things, Easter wasn't that big at WDW.

check the swan and dolphin schedule, they tend to have some sponsored things going on for easter weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter