Extra Credits - best value take home snacks?

Colgal77

Mouseketeer
We may have extra credits at the end of our trip due to a late arrival and midday departure. What are the best value take home snacks and where to get them?

we usually just get a load of the bags of sweets and take them home, they always seemed like a easy one to take home, so will be interested in seeing what otheres say

We like to buy a bag of caramel popcorn at Karamell kuche. We bring a ziplock to put it in. It's my favorite snack.

My fav is the large Minnie's Bake Shop cookies. They sell them loose at several places in the parks and often at Goofy's, but I prefer the individual package ones (same cookies) you can get at the Main Street Confectionary and the larger stores in the parks in the snack section. Sometimes they have them in the snack section of the resort shops too but not as large a selection. Large pre-wrapped cookies, and they freeze well so we can have a Disney fix now and then between trips. Retail has been about $4 each.

we also get the trail mix and take it home - i am on weight watchers and i was able to snack on trail mix for 2 months with all we brought home!

(we stayed at POP and they had a great varity)

There is a good variety at Pop, but if you can make it over to Goofy's Candy Co at Disney Springs, you have have so many options. Create your own rice crispy treats, trail mix, crackers, cookies, various bagged candies, fudge, coconut and chocolate Mickeys (they are like Mounds, but so much better). The best value for take home stuff is what you will actually eat. I do agree with the person that suggested the caramel corn from Germany at Epcot. If you put it in a ziplock it will keep for several days.

We always get slabs of fudge to take home.

You can use extra dinner credits for fudge and treats??

I think we are going to end up with like 1 credit leftover from table service. How many snack credits can you use from that?

I think that its 3 snacks for 1 QS entitlements. Not sure on TS amount ( anyone have the answer?)

I would try to use the TS for a meal would be a better use of the credit. This way you could use your left over QS for snacks or a to go meal for on the way to the airport.

I would try to stick to package items for the trip home, especially with flying.

I have friends that normally arrive late so on arrival day they never use any of their entitlements. On departure day, they have character breakfast at one of the resorts, then over to DS for last minute shopping and spend down any dining credits at Goofys Candy Shop.

You can use extra dinner credits for fudge and treats??

I think we are going to end up with like 1 credit leftover from table service. How many snack credits can you use from that?

I think that its 3 snacks for 1 QS entitlements. Not sure on TS amount ( anyone have the answer?)

I would try to use the TS for a meal would be a better use of the credit. This way you could use your left over QS for snacks or a to go meal for on the way to the airport.

I would try to stick to package items for the trip home, especially with flying.

I have friends that normally arrive late so on arrival day they never use any of their entitlements. On departure day, they have character breakfast at one of the resorts, then over to DS for last minute shopping and spend down any dining credits at Goofys Candy Shop.
Just like with Quick Service credits, Table Service credits are redeemable for 3 snack credit items only.

We did this in January. DS & I ate at Garden Grill while DH was running the marathon. We were checking out right after he finished his run, so there was no way we were going to be able to use that credit. I traded it in for 3 snacks as that was better than getting nothing with the credit.

Just like with Quick Service credits, Table Service credits are redeemable for 3 snack credit items only.

We did this in January. DS & I ate at Garden Grill while DH was running the marathon. We were checking out right after he finished his run, so there was no way we were going to be able to use that credit. I traded it in for 3 snacks as that was better than getting nothing with the credit.

I wasn't sure if it was the same amount either way. Thanks for the answer.

Then the OP would be better off using the TS entitlement to for a sit down, to get more of a value out of it, and use the leftover QS for the snack credits. I do agree that its better to cash in whatever you have left, for snacks.

We take home the cool rice crispy treats and I give them in DDs lunchbox the week after we get home! Such a fun reminder of the trip!!

We bring home rice Krispy Disney treats. Give them as gifts from our trip. We ended up with a bunch of them last year.

I love to bring home Mickey Rice Krispie treats. Cos they are delicious, we can't get them at home, and they help make the holiday last longer...

We bought several pastries from the French bakery in Epcot and had them for breakfast the next morning at the hotel we were at (we drove home and split it into 2 days).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter