• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extinct Disney foods that I truly miss

Garlic cheese bites with onion straws from the lounge at Dixie Landings! Dole while swirls at MK.

Sunshine Seasons used to have a yummy peanut butter chocolate cake we loved! ❤️

Pecos Bills fixin's bar- I know they have one at Cosmic Ray's, but I miss the atmosphere of Pecos Bills!
Plastic cheese
French toast loaf
Pizzafari breadsticks
50s Prime Time Cafe s'mores

Long ago, Dunkin Donuts used to make the donuts fresh at each of the stores. They soon found out that they could save money on supplies and hire far-less talented employees by cooking the donuts at a central location, then shipping them out to the stores.

So that's why I don't like their donuts. Like people make such a big deal about them, but they're really only so so (although I only ever get them when I'm traveling cause the only one close to me is in Love Field). There's a place by me that has amazing donuts, and cronuts. They had a creme brulee donut that was sooooo good.

Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was pregnant at the time, but I got really really hooked on the chicken caesar salad sandwiches at Min and Bill's in HS. Caesar salad stuffed in a roll, what's not to love? lol I think I ended up eating three over that week long trip...which seems excessive but I'm sure glad I did now, since they were gone by our next trip. I'm still sad. lol

Also loved the BLT soup at Sci-Fi!

So that's why I don't like their donuts. Like people make such a big deal about them, but they're really only so so (although I only ever get them when I'm traveling cause the only one close to me is in Love Field). There's a place by me that has amazing donuts, and cronuts. They had a creme brulee donut that was sooooo good.
I live in Dunkin country (Massachusetts), and generally I don't here people raving about their pastries, even when made in store. It's their coffee that gets the compliments, though obviously Dunkin vs Starbucks coffee can be as intense as Red Sox vs Yankees.

I find that donuts from all purveyors are pretty much the same unless they're fresh out of the oven or fryer.

The jalapeno stuffed pretzel. When I had it for the last time, I didn't know it was leaving.... :sad:
Plastic cheese.

There was a time long ago that if you got there when they were fresh, they were absolute heaven.

Yeah - they started to reposition themselves as a coffee place that sells donuts about a decade ago. There's a great place in Brooklyn that's been around for 60 some-odd years. They make the doughnuts fresh and you can tell the difference!

If you ever want the best doughnut ever check out www.duckdonuts.com They are mostly a Middle Atlantic chain but seem to be expanding. They make them fresh, you select the toppings and you get them warm, well maybe hot be careful when eating. They are best warm brought some home from a trip to DC but they were not the same warmed in the microwave. But OMG warm out of the box it is out of this world. Favorite is peanut butter icing with bacon!!!

thought wtheck, ill google 'em.. hey they are moving into ohio! almost 2 hours away, but we get through Columbus every now & then!

Itsacadoozie was my favorite treat when it was hot out. Main Street Bakery's croissant breakfast sandwiches where a great breakfast on the go.

I live in Dunkin country (Massachusetts), and generally I don't here people raving about their pastries, even when made in store. It's their coffee that gets the compliments, though obviously Dunkin vs Starbucks coffee can be as intense as Red Sox vs Yankees.

I find that donuts from all purveyors are pretty much the same unless they're fresh out of the oven or fryer.

Dunkin still makes the best Boston Cream donuts outside of actual pastry shops. So many places can't seem to manage them.

Currywurst at Sommerfest - looks like that is gone now too...one of my favorites

There are a handful of the original DD that have pretty decent donuts and a better selection, but for the most part I avoid DD now.
Basically it changed for me when they forced the franchise owners to open all the small satellite locations and started competing with KK, made the donuts smaller and put them in that KK style box - it's been all downhill since then.

CG used to have a Souffle oven, you ordered when your entree came out, they took 30 mins to make. Had so many good ones but the Michigan Blueberry one was heaven.

Scallop appetizer at Chef de France. It had this tomato sauce yummo

Quite a few Martini's from The Hollywood Brown Derby

Kae

There are a handful of the original DD that have pretty decent donuts and a better selection, but for the most part I avoid DD now.
Basically it changed for me when they forced the franchise owners to open all the small satellite locations and started competing with KK, made the donuts smaller and put them in that KK style box - it's been all downhill since then.

Nothing like a freshly made, warm KK donut just out of the fryer! I wish I had one near me. I seem to only be able to get them if I am at Foxwoods or hanging around in RI. Is there anywhere on DIS property that has a good donut?

During the year 2000 celebration, Le Cellier had a dessert that was a hollow dark chocolate Spaceship Earth filled with maple mousse. OMG that thing was good! I would make ADR's just to get that dessert. The bittersweet chocolate combined with the sweet maple filling was wonderful!

I think what I will miss most in the future is the lack of QS breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. I don't like to eat breakfast until I have been up a few hours, so I would go to Epcot, hit two or three attractions, and then stop for breakfast. Now I will have to wait until 11:00 when places start opening for lunch, or walk all the way back to France to grab a quiche, then walk all the way back to FW because WS won't be open yet. Not everyone wants pastries for breakfast - some people prefer eggs, meat and potatoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter