External Battery Chargers

butsy113

AKV Owner
I have been researching external battery chargers to charge my iPhone 4S during our upcoming trip. Between the disney apps I use, the camera, FB, and internet my battery can run down pretty quick. I keep going round and round. I actually had one picked out months ago, but now that the trip is coming up and I want to order it, I can't find it. Ugh! Can anyone recommend a reliable battery charger to use while in the parks.

We have one by Duracell that we got at Target for less than $30 and one by Zagg (Like the Zagg shields you put on your phone.) that we also got on clearance from Target. We prefer the Duracell one, but they both work pretty well, and they work with any device because they have a USB port and you just use your regular cable.

After doing some research for the same reasons I bought an Anker 10000mAh from Amazon.com for $39.99 It works on both Apple and Android. You can plus 2 devices in it simultaneously. and it has different ends that plug in to fit almost anything. Once it's charged, it is capable of charging empty to full 4 times on a single charge. It charges fast and it charges the devices faster than if they were plugged into an outlet! Ive been playing around with it at home since I got it and I'm happy with my purchase!! There's 4 of us traveling this trip with a large variety of electronic devices. Plus I am always the girl searching desperately for an outlet to charge. Now I can charge while we're flying! :) It is the size of a smartphone. A little heavier than I expected but I don't think it'll cause a problem being thrown into my park purse for the day.

I highly recommend!! :thumbsup2

If price isn't your primary concern, check out the Mophie Juicepack Powerstation. It can charge just about anything that has a usb cable, even an ipad. It may not be the cheapest, but it's a quality product with a build quality to match your phone.

I bought a Lenmar Wave 700 from Amazon for about $50. It is very light, fast to charge and can charge an iPad and an iPhone simultaneously. You can use your device while it charges, or just juice it up fast. It should be able to keep our iPad and 3 iPhones going all day at the parks, with a single overnight charge each evening.

I will be using it for the first time at WDW in a month, but based on advice and reviews, this was my choice.

After doing some research for the same reasons I bought an Anker 10000mAh from Amazon.com for $39.99 It works on both Apple and Android. You can plus 2 devices in it simultaneously. and it has different ends that plug in to fit almost anything. Once it's charged, it is capable of charging empty to full 4 times on a single charge. It charges fast and it charges the devices faster than if they were plugged into an outlet! Ive been playing around with it at home since I got it and I'm happy with my purchase!! There's 4 of us traveling this trip with a large variety of electronic devices. Plus I am always the girl searching desperately for an outlet to charge. Now I can charge while we're flying! :) It is the size of a smartphone. A little heavier than I expected but I don't think it'll cause a problem being thrown into my park purse for the day.

I agree about the Anker brand. I have the 8400mAh and it works great for me. It has two ports so you can charge two devices at once if you like. Mine also charges very quickly. I just plug my phone in and put it in my pack and it is ready with in a short time. I purchased mine on Amazon as well.

DH really likes his Anker 3200 mAh battery. He says it works with the 4s as long as you have its charging cord.

He'd had it for a year and it stopped holding its charge. He thought that was pretty early, and updated his review on amazon (he bought from ankerdirect on amazon) to mention it. The following day, the seller (and I assume manufacturer) contacted him to say that that was NOT normal, and that they would like to replace it for him. And they did.

So he's pretty happy with it.

I have a Galaxy S3 and hubby has an Iphone(4?) and we each have our own Anker battery. Very happy with it. Must-have for possible fastpass+...

I have an Anker 5600mah from amazon.com for $30 for my iPhone 4S. My mom got the ravpower 5600 at the same time and is already having problems w it. I'd buy the Anker again for sure. Used it regularly for a month now

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what's the difference b/w the various Anker models? I've checked out some models on amazon but can't quite figure out what we should get. Looking at what's included in packaging, seems like the chargers recharge via USB cable instead of outlet. I will have a laptop at our villa and could charge the charger through that, but for some reason I keep thinking we'd need an AC adapter? That's not included, right?

DH has an IPhone 4S and I have an IPhone 3. We don't go through our batteries very fast normally but in the parks we'll be using MDE and Lines App plus taking photos and video and letting kids play games.

Thanks.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what's the difference b/w the various Anker models? I've checked out some models on amazon but can't quite figure out what we should get. Looking at what's included in packaging, seems like the chargers recharge via USB cable instead of outlet. I will have a laptop at our villa and could charge the charger through that, but for some reason I keep thinking we'd need an AC adapter? That's not included, right?

DH has an IPhone 4S and I have an IPhone 3. We don't go through our batteries very fast normally but in the parks we'll be using MDE and Lines App plus taking photos and video and letting kids play games.

Thanks.

Thank you for asking. This was my question too!!

Per all-battery.com, here is a definition of mAh http://www.all-battery.com/batterybasics.aspx

The mAh capacity rating refers to the storage capacity available for a particular battery. A battery with a capacity rating of 1800 mAh could deliver a current of 1800mA for one hour. Higher mAh ratings for the same battery type will generally mean longer run times. This does not apply when comparing different types of batteries. This means that you may not be able to predict how long your electronic device will run just by looking at the capacity rating of a battery. When powering high drain electronic devices like digital cameras, computer peripherals, or portable music players, an alkaline battery will only deliver a small fraction of its rated capacity. For example AA alkaline batteries typically have a capacity rating of over 2,500 mAh and AA NiMH batteries have rated capacities of only 1,200 to 2,000 mAh. But when it comes to actually powering an electronic device like a digital camera, the NiMH batteries will often run the device for three or four times a long. Even comparing the capacity ratings of similar types of batteries won’t often work since different manufacturers can measure battery capacity in slightly different ways. A NiMH or NiCd battery is likely to deliver much closer to its rated capacity when it’s powering high drain devices. Alkaline batteries have a high rated capacity, but they can only deliver their full capacity if the power is used slowly. This means that a NiMH battery with a rated capacity of 1200 mAh can take many more photos than an alkaline battery with a rated capacity of 2,800.

I just got - and really like - my new Trent 7000 mAh portable charger. Like $40 on Amazon. We got just shy of 4 charges out of if (iPhone 4Ses & HTC Incredible2.)

asignore said:
If price isn't your primary concern, check out the Mophie Juicepack Powerstation. It can charge just about anything that has a usb cable, even an ipad. It may not be the cheapest, but it's a quality product with a build quality to match your phone.

We just returned from WDW for a week visit at the beginning of the month. There are 5 smartphones in our family. Our 2 DD's traveled separate from us with the band. They used 2800 mhz Halo chargers which did the job.
We also bought the Mophie mentioned above and it worked great. I charged it nightly (even though it never went below 50%), put it and two cords in Ziploc bag and when our phones ran low we could charge up to two at the same time.

I bought the Anker 10000 mah from amazon as well. It's worked great so far. I was debating between Anker and Powergen and it seemed like the Anker brand was a better buy than the powergen. I've read that these two are on of the top brands out there.

I also have the same product for my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I can charge my phone 4 times off of one full charge. It is amazing. I hardly ever think of bringing an extra charger to plug in. I love it and many of my friends have purchased it.

Another vote for the Anker 10000mAh. I like it's form factor, size, and charges I get from it for a multitude of devices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter