Extended verandahs & fumes

When we stayed in 8684 on the Fantasy the only issue we had was with soot, never noticed and fumes. Our housekeeper did a really good job of getting it cleaned in the morning for us.

When we stayed in 8684 on the Fantasy the only issue we had was with soot, never noticed and fumes. Our housekeeper did a really good job of getting it cleaned in the morning for us.

That's going to be my room! I take it you enjoyed the stateroom and view. Any advice or comments you would like to share about the room?

9674 in October. Booked it again in 2018. Like
Others said, if the wind blew the exhaust directly behind the ship and slightly down, I could smell it. Most days the wind blew to the side or at least slightly up and away. As someone who is super sensitive to smells and headaches, I did not find it frequent or bad enough to leave the balcony.

We stayed in 9674 on Dream in january and never noticed any soot. It got smokey on the balcony when we were backing into Nassau, but otherwise never had an issue with smell or soot. I think it all depends on the wind. We're in 8188 on Fantasy in a couple weeks. Love the Aft view!

My husband and I sailed on the Fantasy in room 5162 with extended verandah and not once did we have an issue with fumes, nor did we see any. We had occasional soot at the very end of the balcony on a few nights, but it was cleaned up regularly by housekeeping.

Stayed in Dream 10662 in 2013 had no problem at all. Didn't smell fuel the soot was nothing but our room guy cleaned up so much it wasn't an issue. Didn't have any Cabana noise problems either. Only smoke problem was the fireworks after the Pirate Party.

We stayed in 6192 on the Dream last summer and I never noticed any fumes or soot on our 4 day cruise, and we were out there often. We napped out there a lot, too, and I am very sensitive to odors. I did notice (smell) someone 2 verandahs over that was smoking a cigar, but I'm guessing he got caught because it only happened the one time.

I would pay extra for the aft verandah staterooms, but I'm glad I don't have to. The size of the verandah almost doubled the size of the room, and the reclining chairs out there were awesome. I also liked how most of the verandah was covered, so we could sit out there in the rain without worrying about getting wet (and the sun without putting on sunscreen).

We stayed in 9674 on Dream in january and never noticed any soot. It got smokey on the balcony when we were backing into Nassau, but otherwise never had an issue with smell or soot. I think it all depends on the wind. We're in 8188 on Fantasy in a couple weeks. Love the Aft view!
We booked 8188 on fantasy for 2019. It looks like a great choice for aft balcony rooms.

That's going to be my room! I take it you enjoyed the stateroom and view. Any advice or comments you would like to share about the room?
We enjoyed it. Had a great view of CC when we backed in. It's also nice that the veranda was mostly covered and had a nice recliner on it. The only issue that we had were the vibration (this was pre-dry dock) and when they fired the thrusters up you could *definitely* hear and feel those. All in all if I had the room again I wouldn't complain :)

We are booked on the Dream for a 5 nighter this June. We're in cabin 10162, an extended balcony. I'm really hoping that the fumes, soot, and vibrations are minimal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter