• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extended Evening Hours Questions and Answers

Did anyone here attend the EEH at AK on November 8?? Looking forward to seeing Pandora at night again, also wondering what food options were open.
not sure about AK EEH but food options at epcot EEH looked to be pretty few and far between. i'd eat before EEH begins and spend that 2 hour period hitting attractions instead of closed food stalls.

Did anyone here attend the EEH at AK on November 8?? Looking forward to seeing Pandora at night again, also wondering what food options were open.
Satuli and flame tree were open until 8 (EEH were 7 to 9). The little snack stand outside satuli appeared to be open later and there were some other ice cream and snack carts open, but not much. I'd eat beforehand, tbh. The EEH themselves were great - got on navi with no wait and FOP with a 25 minute wait, most of which was walking through the line. Also got stuck on Dinosaur, but that's a whole other story.

not sure about AK EEH but food options at epcot EEH looked to be pretty few and far between. i'd eat before EEH begins and spend that 2 hour period hitting attractions instead of closed food stalls.
I also thought the food options at Epcot were sparse, and am trying to figure out what our plan will be. Fingers crossed Satu'il Canteen will be open.

Satuli and flame tree were open until 8 (EEH were 7 to 9). The little snack stand outside satuli appeared to be open later and there were some other ice cream and snack carts open, but not much. I'd eat beforehand, tbh. The EEH themselves were great - got on navi with no wait and FOP with a 25 minute wait, most of which was walking through the line. Also got stuck on Dinosaur, but that's a whole other story.
Yeah Satu'il will be open!!
The first part of your night sounds great! Getting stuck on Dinosaur, ouch!!
Thanks for the info, I'm really looking forward to this.

What can we expect in July 2024???

Can somebody please comment to visited this past July 2023? Would be very helpful.

What can we expect in July 2024???

Can somebody please comment to visited this past July 2023? Would be very helpful.
We went in late July ‘23 and did Epcot. It was still oppressively hot and humid, and we thought there was too much traipsing around the park - the WS walkway is closed between Norway and France. Food options were very limited and mostly in the front, although we did get a frosty beverage in England - that was the highlight of the evening. We haven’t done Epcot EEH again since we never have issues riding everything we’d like during regular hours.

Is it correct that you are eligible for evening extra hours on your checkout day at-a deluxe? I’m checking out of Swan tomorrow 12/4 and moving to a hotel not included in the deluxe hours. Am I still eligible for the 12/4 deluxe hours at AK tomorrow night then?

Is it correct that you are eligible for evening extra hours on your checkout day at-a deluxe? I’m checking out of Swan tomorrow 12/4 and moving to a hotel not included in the deluxe hours. Am I still eligible for the 12/4 deluxe hours at AK tomorrow night then?
Yes, you are. If you have a MB it will show when they scan it at entrances to ride queues. If you’re just using a ticket card, you might need to show your Swan reservation confirmation.

Haven’t been down since March, and absolutely loved MEK‘s EEH on Wednesdays our past two trips.

I know they’ve messed around with the previous “regular” schedule since then - what is the best site to find current schedule and how far ahead are they posting (arriving end of January for 10 days, and booked a couple of nights at VGF for a split stay, specifically to enjoy the MK one😬).

Many thanks!

Haven’t been down since March, and absolutely loved MEK‘s EEH on Wednesdays our past two trips.

I know they’ve messed around with the previous “regular” schedule since then - what is the best site to find current schedule and how far ahead are they posting (arriving end of January for 10 days, and booked a couple of nights at VGF for a split stay, specifically to enjoy the MK one😬).

Many thanks!
Hours are posted into Feb on the app.

For EEH Epcot, since we are arriving late the night before, we plan to not go to the park until after lunch. Will we need Genie +? I am planning on buying ILL for Guardians but am wondering if we'll really need Genie + too.

For EEH Epcot, since we are arriving late the night before, we plan to not go to the park until after lunch. Will we need Genie +? I am planning on buying ILL for Guardians but am wondering if we'll really need Genie + too.
I'm also interested in the answer to this question.

It would depend on what time of year you are going. Holidays or spring break, you might need it. End of August, not so much. EE is only 2 hours and a lot of WS is closed, so keep that in mind.

It would depend on what time of year you are going. Holidays or spring break, you might need it. End of August, not so much. EE is only 2 hours and a lot of WS is closed, so keep that in mind.
We are going mid January - will be in Epcot on MLK day. It happens to have extended hours. After getting in late I don't want to rope drop, especially if we're staying late.

For EEH Epcot, since we are arriving late the night before, we plan to not go to the park until after lunch. Will we need Genie +? I am planning on buying ILL for Guardians but am wondering if we'll really need Genie +
Back in June we went to Epcot around 8 p.m. and did Soaring, Living with the Land, Frozen and Ratatouille.

Test Track is the only attraction I would be concerned with a long line that would suck up time that you could use walking on other attractions. We just skipped it.

It takes a while to walk around giant Epcot, so I would be strategic in how you plan to go from attraction to attraction.

Our longest waits were at Frozen and Ratatouille, about 30 and 40 minutes. Ratatouille had gone down earlier, so it was backed up.

I would not pay for Genie+

I haven't seen any EEH for Animal Kingdom in January or early February. I was hoping that AK would have EEH, if only because I heard that Pandora is especially beautiful to see after dark.

How does the 6PM virtual queue for GoG work? If I already had an earlier VQ, can I still join again at 6 to ride it again during EEH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter