• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Express pass in Oct- how many days?

HollyMD

DIS Veteran
ok, realistically, in Oct, with HHN going on, if we have express passes, can we get most things at Is and iOA done in 2 and a half days? We will have a full Friday and Saturday and about 5 hours on a Sunday. We are trying to debate what to do the Thur before- we will be checking out of our Disney Resort, and plan to do HHN that night. Trying to decide if we want to spend a few more hours in a Disney Park prior to heading to check in to RPR before HHN, or spend a bit more time in Universal. Any opinions are appreciated!

I think two and a half days with EP is great! You'll be able to leisurely do all you want at both parks! All of the Harry Potter rides are now included in EP.

Thank you! I’ve been going back and forth trying to decide and I didn’t know if HHN crowds would change the fact that 2 1/2 should be enough. I appreciate your response!

Thank you! I’ve been going back and forth trying to decide and I didn’t know if HHN crowds would change the fact that 2 1/2 should be enough. I appreciate your response!

Enjoy HHN! I am a horror movie wimp! Did HHN two years ago for my sons- I actually loved it! The scare zones are great! We went back last year and plan to return this year too! We did RIP tours for HHN-we had a guide and got into every house with no wait. Your regular express pass doesn't work for HHN and October gets pretty busy. If you can spend the extra $$ for a tour, you are guaranteed to see it all in one night at HHN.

Thanks @pattyw! It will be our first time and waiting for ticketing come out to see what “deals” we can do. Open for pointers, like the one about a tour!

Will you be at the darkside on Columbus Day weekend?

Or a later weekend in October?

Two and a half days with an EP is plenty. That's usually the sweet spot for us (arrival day plus two full days)

I`d always vote for more time at Universal.......

Spend some time in the parks before HHN is ideal.....you`ll already be checked in to the hotel.......

You`ll get by with 2 and half days though......

HHN is fabulous!!!!

This reminds me that I need to start planning my HHN trip...those Annual Passes aren't going to use themselves.

@macraven, We just miss Columbus Day weekend. We will be going 10/11-10-14

You'll hit hhn with all those dates.

Reread your post....
Studios will close to the public at 5:00 each of the days you will be there.
IOA will be open entire time, check the website for their closing times. (9?)

Do check into RPR early Friday morning and use the EE lines.
Crowds build once it is the afternoon.
I would start with the studios and maybe skip to IOA in early afternoon.
If you have HHN tickets, return to the studios before 5:00 and wait in one of the holding aread until HHN begins.
Having a head start is a good thing.

The hotel day EP is not valid for HHN.
Universal sells hhn ep online and in the parks/hotels attraction desk.

You can start with IOA on Saturday and do as much there as you want.
If you plan on hhn for Saturday, be in the studios park before 5:00

I used to do Saturdays for hhn but quit that day of the week due to crowds.

The park (studios) will start to have large crowds by afternoon on Saturday/Sundays.

Many are off work those days and start the park earlier to hit rides before the studios side closes to the public for hhn.

Do hit the parks Sunday morning as many will be sleeping in recovering from a long night before.
hhn is open until 2:00 am

You will be able to hit a lot of rides easily on Sunday for your half day there.

I think you will have a fabulose 2.5 days in the parks!

Will you be at the darkside on Columbus Day weekend?

Or a later weekend in October?

Starting to plan our fall trip- Columbus weekend is one possibility. I hear there's possibly an RIP tour that I can join up with????

True

I set up a private rip hhn tour for Columbus Day weekend and plan it in advance
But until uo releases dates and tours, can’t book any of the hhn tours yet

But I plan it in my head for now

I sometimes also book a public evening hhn tour

Give me a heads up if you do the 5th oct

With express pass in may we did islands in half a day, same with universal. Though found it better and worth more at islands.

With express pass in may we did islands in half a day, same with universal. Though found it better and worth more at islands.

May is a whole different situation.

The thread is about the month of October that HollyMD created to help her.

With HHN, many need info for day park attendance as studios closes at 5 on event nights.
And if the express will be to a person's advantage.

Let's stay on topic and just discuss October

Have you decided your dates yet? What about the rip tour? Planning a trip without kids for my bday so i want to splurge.

I know the dates I will be at hhn

I have a date that I want for rip tour

But no info released yet about the rip tours
Last year private tours were bookable mid June

Some packages last year had a public tour bookable before the public could book a tour

That was not an issue for me or the public
Plenty of rip hhn tours available to book even up to the day before a tour

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter