• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Explain Friends and Family in MDE to me like I'm a toddler.

wvjules

DIS Veteran
I don't know why this seems so difficult for me.

I am trying to link wiht my sister and her family. I am able to use their reservation number to find them. It shows my sister and her family (all of them say "Plans managed by wvjules' sister", except her of course.) So I click on all of them to invite them.

Problem 1 - All of their invitations come to my inbox!
Problem 2 - She can't see in MDE where to accept the invitation from me for them.
Problem 3 - I try to remove them by "cancel invitation" then it changes them to "Plans managed by me"
Problem 4 - I try to just remove them from my list and get "because Jane has active admission or plans, they cannot be removed at this time."

So basically two questions:

1. How can I just remove them from my F&F and let my sister manage them all? Can that be done now or are they stuck under me making plans for them all now?
2. Why are the invitation emails all coming to me???
3. Is this easier than I'm making it out to be? lol

Thanks!

I have no help to offer, but I've been having the same issue! I've tried 5 different times in the last few months and still only have 1 out of the 3 people linked to me.

You have to invite them by using their email address, then they need to accept the invitation from the email that comes to their inbox. You will need to add them properly before you can remove the existing ones.

So in the MDE app when I click on my husband (who does not go with us frequently and does not have an account) it shows him as an adult with plans managed by me. I can then send him an invite but there is a space for me to put in his email to email him...

Also who made the reservation for your sister? Did she or did you, that could somehow be part of it... maybe...

I can tell you that I had the very same thing going on with my sister and her account. I messed it up big time. I had duplicate people, made up people, lost people, people going odd places, you name it! We called tech support and both of us got on speaker. We explained what I was attempting to do and what I need it to do. The very nice lady said, "Oh my!". She put us on hold and then fixed us right up. It took about 10 minutes. We apologized profusely and told her she was "magical". We all laughed and now it works the right way! That was my fix!

I have the same problem. Even though I enter my mom and husbands emails, the invites come to me. At first I thought I was just getting a copy of the email but they both haven’t received anything. I gave up since I’m the one making all of the plans anyway!

I can tell you that I had the very same thing going on with my sister and her account. I messed it up big time. I had duplicate people, made up people, lost people, people going odd places, you name it! We called tech support and both of us got on speaker. We explained what I was attempting to do and what I need it to do. The very nice lady said, "Oh my!". She put us on hold and then fixed us right up. It took about 10 minutes. We apologized profusely and told her she was "magical". We all laughed and now it works the right way! That was my fix!

And sometimes calling is the simplest solution... and Maybe even the only solution depending on how messed up the account is :)

I just decided to leave us separate. I connected with her so she could see photopass photos. She will manage her family's FP.

I didn't really want to be responsible for all of them anyway. Too much pressure. lol I am still stuck with the family in my FF list but that's a minor annoyance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter