EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Are they still calling that "tower club"? I've never stayed up on 14. :D
I think so. It's our first stay at CR, we have a we have a standard king club level room booked. According to the folks on the CR thread, that means it is a theme park view on the 14th floor. I'll find out for sure in Dec. Very excited!

It will be myself, wife, and almost 3 year old toddler going 6 days to DW and staying at Yacht Club after the renovations at Yacht Club. What are the room options I should tell the resort to make it as likely as possible to get a room with the BEST Boardwalk view. Torn between Club level and non-club level. Does club level water view room give me an even better chance of getting a room with the BEST Boardwalk view over a non-club level room?

:earboy2:I love these boards! I haven't posted in a while, but I love to read all the posts.

Can I be added to the log?

Beach Club CL 5/29 to 6/2 and WL CL 10/17 to 10/24.

Once I stay at BC CL, the only club I have not tried is RPC. I have done Sugar Loaf, but just cannot seem to make myself cough up the extra $ for RPC :crazy2:

Hi Trish! This January, we did Marathon Weekend! I ran the full marathon, our teens ran the half marathon and we all ran the 5K. In February 2014, I ran the Princess Half Marathon and the kids ran the Princess 5K with me. In 2016, we don't plan to be there for Marathon Weekend in January, but we DO plan to run all three races for Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February. I love Marathon Weekend, but with two in high school and one in elementary, the February race is better timing for us.

For the actual race weekends, we've stayed at BWI and Poly - CL at both. CL is very very important to me for race weekends, but that's because I'm running and managing three kids. (My husband arrives close to the race, but he's not there with us the whole time.) It's wonderful to have that extra space in the lounge the nights before the races (since we have to get to sleep so early and we're not out in the parks) and after the races. Nice to return to a quick breakfast in the lounge so that we don't have to wait until everyone is showered and ready to get breakfast. I also appreciate the light snacks during race weekends - cheese, fruit, veggies, etc. that I probably wouldn't access as easily if not staying CL. Finally, the lounge is great if your runners need a nap. After the full marathon, I took a short nap while our kids went to MK and my husband, mom and dad watched football in the Poly lounge.

Honestly, as much as I love Poly, I think I actually prefer BWI or another Epcot area resort for race weekends. The monorail is fun, but actually requires long walks on race mornings. We walked from our room in Hawaii to the TTC monorail, hopped on the monorail to Epcot and then walked from the monorail to the race start. It's a great warm-up, but time-consuming at 3am. If it's cold, the monorail is COLD and so is the walk. One morning, it was so cold that we boarded the monorail at the GCH and then switched at TTC - that was even more time-consuming and not very warm.

Staying at BWI, we went right out to the front near the lobby and boarded a warm bus that took us very close to the start. At the end, we boarded a close, very warm bus that took us right back near the BWI lobby. I finish the half marathon way before Epcot opens, but if it's open when your kids finish, you can either take the bus or walk back through Epcot (I think you have APs - right?)
That's some good feedback! My dd wants to do the marathon that goes through MK and ds wants a shorter one. So we'll see who wins that battle because I think they will only do if they do together.

You have me thinking about transportation. I'll need to see what the race routes are. If one ends in MK then staying at BLT would work. My dh really can only come on weekends so I need space for the race weekend. However dd and I do enjoy staying on a few days CL.

Thanks for the response!

That's some good feedback! My dd wants to do the marathon that goes through MK and ds wants a shorter one. So we'll see who wins that battle because I think they will only do if they do together.

You have me thinking about transportation. I'll need to see what the race routes are. If one ends in MK then staying at BLT would work. My dh really can only come on weekends so I need space for the race weekend. However dd and I do enjoy staying on a few days CL.

Thanks for the response!

All of the races start and end in Epcot. And while I think the Epcot area resorts are great for runners (at least for me) and great for 10K/5K spectators, I think the monorail resorts are great for half marathon and marathon spectators. When staying at Poly, I was able to see our kids/my husband running the half marathon at TTC, front of Poly, at Epcot near monorail station and at Epcot finish. Four spots for a half marathon! Yay!

Here's the breakdown - again, all start and finish in the Epcot parking lot:

5K: Goes through Epcot only, but includes World Showcase.
10: Goes through Epcot and Epcot resort area, includes World Showcase.
Half Marathon: Goes through MK and Epcot but Future World only.
Marathon: Goes through MK, speedway, AK, Wide World of Sports, DHS, through Epcot resort area and all of Epcot.

It will be myself, wife, and almost 3 year old toddler going 6 days to DW and staying at Yacht Club after the renovations at Yacht Club. What are the room options I should tell the resort to make it as likely as possible to get a room with the BEST Boardwalk view. Torn between Club level and non-club level. Does club level water view room give me an even better chance of getting a room with the BEST Boardwalk view over a non-club level room?

A Club Level (CL) Lagoon View room will give you the best view of the Boardwalk, since CL rooms are on the top floor of the resort. That is a bookable category and is more expensive.

When is the YC getting renovated? It's completely booked for the week I'm going and I assumed it might be getting renovations but I couldn't find anything online

We will be at AKL CL May 14th thru May 25th. Not sure how often we will be hanging out in the lounge but still would be cool to stay hi to people.

We are also doing Wanyama (CL Only) Safari May 14th, and Night Vision Safari May 18th.

Going to be staying at AKL CL in April! So excited, can't wait, and can send any updated pictures you are missing. :banana:

Going to be staying at AKL CL in April! So excited, can't wait, and can send any updated pictures you are missing. :banana:
yes .....please post all you can. My 1st stay is in June. Any new info would be helpful. Have a wonderful trip

Got everyone added to the list! :) It's interesting to see which club levels are the most popular with us. BC CL and AKL CL winning by a land slide!

Checking in this Saturday for our first trip to the Beach Club CL. So excited! Our dates are March 14-20.

Will do. I stayed at AKL in 2013 CL, and you can read about it in the 2013 WDW Dining Review in my signature. There are pics of the food etc, although that was 2 years ago. IMO CL is well worth it at AKL because you get such a good savannah view along with the booking.

Will do. I stayed at AKL in 2013 CL, and you can read about it in the 2013 WDW Dining Review in my signature. There are pics of the food etc, although that was 2 years ago. IMO CL is well worth it at AKL because you get such a good savannah view along with the booking.
Thank You it was GREAT

Got everyone added to the list! :) It's interesting to see which club levels are the most popular with us. BC CL and AKL CL winning by a land slide!

So far my favorite is WL CL. We stay there every fall and LOVE the cast members who work there.

This is a club level thread for club level guests and I'm making a list of club level guests who want to meet up on club level. Not really sure where your concern is coming from.

My concern is inviting Club Level Guests from other Club Level Resorts. Once again, these club levels run on a very tight budget based on the number of guests staying on the Club Level. I just want to be clear that bringing additional guests into the Club Lounge is not permitted. If you are only organizing specific Club Level Guests, all within the same Resort, then of course it is permissible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter