EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Hey Pixarmom! My kids want to do the run either 1/8 or 9 next year. Does it matter which resort you stay at? Is club level helpful or not needed? I was thinking of just doing BLT 2 br and have whole family. DD and DS will both be in College and have the same, nice long winter break.

Are you running this year and is this the race you do?

Hi Trish! This January, we did Marathon Weekend! I ran the full marathon, our teens ran the half marathon and we all ran the 5K. In February 2014, I ran the Princess Half Marathon and the kids ran the Princess 5K with me. In 2016, we don't plan to be there for Marathon Weekend in January, but we DO plan to run all three races for Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February. I love Marathon Weekend, but with two in high school and one in elementary, the February race is better timing for us.

For the actual race weekends, we've stayed at BWI and Poly - CL at both. CL is very very important to me for race weekends, but that's because I'm running and managing three kids. (My husband arrives close to the race, but he's not there with us the whole time.) It's wonderful to have that extra space in the lounge the nights before the races (since we have to get to sleep so early and we're not out in the parks) and after the races. Nice to return to a quick breakfast in the lounge so that we don't have to wait until everyone is showered and ready to get breakfast. I also appreciate the light snacks during race weekends - cheese, fruit, veggies, etc. that I probably wouldn't access as easily if not staying CL. Finally, the lounge is great if your runners need a nap. After the full marathon, I took a short nap while our kids went to MK and my husband, mom and dad watched football in the Poly lounge.

Honestly, as much as I love Poly, I think I actually prefer BWI or another Epcot area resort for race weekends. The monorail is fun, but actually requires long walks on race mornings. We walked from our room in Hawaii to the TTC monorail, hopped on the monorail to Epcot and then walked from the monorail to the race start. It's a great warm-up, but time-consuming at 3am. If it's cold, the monorail is COLD and so is the walk. One morning, it was so cold that we boarded the monorail at the GCH and then switched at TTC - that was even more time-consuming and not very warm.

Staying at BWI, we went right out to the front near the lobby and boarded a warm bus that took us very close to the start. At the end, we boarded a close, very warm bus that took us right back near the BWI lobby. I finish the half marathon way before Epcot opens, but if it's open when your kids finish, you can either take the bus or walk back through Epcot (I think you have APs - right?)

Great idea, Erika!! :thanks: I've run into so many DISers while at the Polynesian in the Hawaii building. It's fun to kind of "know" someone else there! :sunny:

My husband and I will be in Hawaii CL from Monday Aug 24 - Monday 3:flower:

Awesome! got you added :)

What a great idea to post the dates!

We will be at the Contemporary Atrium Club 5/30 through 6/6

We will be at the Beach Club CL 6/6 - 6/7

This makes me nervous... sounds like I should off the bat tell the CMs that work the area that 99% of the time I am going to need a to=go cup, with our busy schedules there is no way I am not going to take a cup of coffee to go! our trip this year is a test trip for any CL because it's 12 days we figured the "Park Commandos" might need a break and actually have time to use it... BUT, if it's more of a pain than it's worth it will probably be the last time.

I would honestly bring your own travel/coffee mug (and maybe a lidded drinks tumbler). The to go cups they do have are pretty small and flimsy. I was much happier after I bought a contigo lidded tumbler at a local Walgreens and could get closer to a normal "glass" of iced tea. (I haven't stayed CL before, so maybe this is considered bad etiquette? I don't know. I probably got about 8-10 oz of tea a day. I washed my tumbler every night, but now having read a lot about cruise ships I wonder if I should have decanted the iced tea into one of the provided glasses and dumped it into my tumbler (as they have you do on Disney cruises) instead of decanting into my own container. But either way, my point is that it wasn't like I was filling up a gallon jug with tea. I would think a normal travel coffee mug wouldn't br frowned upon either.)

I don't think warning the CMs would help, there are different people manning the supply area at different times, although to be fair no one ever declined my request for a go cup.

Edit: And in case I'm coming off negative, there were always plenty of coffee/tea fixings when I was there. If you didn't mind the hike it was a reliable source for caffeine.

Love the idea to post dates!
We will be at Poly CL from June 30 - July 7 and
Beach Club CL from July 7 - July 14

Awesome idea and thanks for making it happen!!!

I am hoping to be at the Old Faithful Club in September, but just heard from my work that they might not be able to have me be away then, so am on hold for a little bit. I had just emailed my IPO checklist and reservation requests the night before, too. I gave everything to the IPO to book except my early morning Crystal Palace reservations. I'm glad I did those myself. When I put in 1 person, the system would only offer me times at 8:40 and I wanted the very first seating, so I tried for 2 and sure enough I got 8:05 and 8:10. Since it doesn't change the table capacity at all, I just reserved for 2 and will change to 1 over the phone later. All my other requests were taken care of at 180 days. It was nice to let go. Now I hope I don't have to cancel and start over. Fingers crossed and hoping for good news!

I was so lucky! Blueskies from the GF thread was at Poly Cl in November same as me and then Circusgirl with her great pictures was at Wl cl in January.One trip was with my mom and second with my teen daughter. I thought both would be annoyed with my wanting to "hang" with my DIS peeps but in the end they enjoyed it too!

In my Steven Tyler RR voice " I love this idea"

I had tons of fun with you and your daughter and I'm so glad we had the chance to play!

I'm going to start a list of DISers with future club level stays who might want to arrange meet ups in the club lounge. Every time I go down to WDW I always regret I didn't think of this! :D Anyone who wants to be added just comment here or send me a PM with your dates and resort. :grouphug: I've added the list to page 1, post #3.

Just be advised, Club Level Access is limited to Club Level Guests at that resort. If you plan any sort of Meet-Up, please be sure that all are Club Level Guests at that resort. It is not permissible to bring "guests" into the lounge. Most Club Levels base all the food & alcohol orders on their occupancy levels.

Just be advised, Club Level Access is limited to Club Level Guests at that resort. If you plan any sort of Meet-Up, please be sure that all are Club Level Guests at that resort. It is not permissible to bring "guests" into the lounge. Most Club Levels base all the food & alcohol orders on their occupancy levels.

This is a club level thread for club level guests and I'm making a list of club level guests who want to meet up on club level. Not really sure where your concern is coming from.

What a great idea to post the dates!

We will be at the Contemporary Atrium Club 5/30 through 6/6

We will be at the Beach Club CL 6/6 - 6/7

Love the idea to post dates!
We will be at Poly CL from June 30 - July 7 and
Beach Club CL from July 7 - July 14

We'll be at BC CL 7/17-7/23 then WL CL 7/23-7/25.

We will be at WL CL 4/3-4/8/15.

Got everyone added! :D

I just signed up today to post. I have watched the boards for years . I worked for a company that didn't want us to read or post on the boards..... but now I 'm my own boss and looking forward to sharing and talking with all my Disney FAMILY. MY 1ST POST IS HERE BECAUSE AFTER OVER 70 TRIPS AKL CL here I COME :simba:

I just signed up today to post. I have watched the boards for years . I worked for a company that didn't want us to read or post on the boards..... but now I 'm my own boss and looking forward to sharing and talking with all my Disney FAMILY. MY 1ST POST IS HERE BECAUSE AFTER OVER 70 TRIPS AKL CL here I COME :simba:

Welcome!!! :welcome: Glad you could come out of the shadows and finally post here with us! I got your trip added, looks like we've got someone crossing over with your dates already. Awesome! :thumbsup2

Just an FYI on room request and online check in....I called IPO yesterday and asked about room info Told him what I was looking for, he said " I will put request in and do not fill in room request when doing online check in " He was a wonderful help. He said when a request is done manually and than you put a request in online at online check in it drops off the one that is put in manually

Just an FYI on room request and online check in....I called IPO yesterday and asked about room info Told him what I was looking for, he said " I will put request in and do not fill in room request when doing online check in " He was a wonderful help. He said when a request is done manually and than you put a request in online at online check in it drops off the one that is put in manually

That was nice of them to tell you that tip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter