Experience with arriving very late?

Mama Mouse

DIS Veteran
We plan to take a late flight on June 7 and should be landing at MCO around 11:45 pm. I know we need to get our own luggage for ME.

I'm guessing we'll be at the resort (POP!) by 1:15ish.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if it tends to go smoothly?

Not used ME, but had not trouble checking into AllStar Sports at 12:30 am. Kids fell asleep in Savannah where I planned to stop for the night, and I just kept going. Called disney reservations in Daytona and had a night added to our reservation. Kids woke up in downtown Orlando.

I will warn you I could not get the kids to go to bed, because they were so excited to be there (even though they knew we were going).

We flew in pretty late (11:55pm) back in February, got our bags from baggage claim and were able to breeze through ME, and got to All Star Music around 1:15am. Check-in was easy, since we did online check-in. Just stopped by the front desk and they activated our magic bands for room access, they provided us with a resort map that indicated where our room was, and all the other papers with park hours info and such. I almost prefer to do it this way, since flying in to MCO during the day can mean a nightmare of a wait at the ME lines (I once waited for almost TWO HOURS in November 2012 after landing at MCO around noon).

I arrrived late last time I went in November (around midnight). I almost always arrive in the evening (from the west coast) and I always get my bags, go to the DME and have never had any issues with getting on the bus (no lines) or checking in at the resort (again, no lines).

We arrived very late like that in June due to delays. We called the front desk at AoA just to let them know we were arriving late and they noted it on our ressie and assured me that someone would be there to check up in! Sure enough when we arrived at 2a a friendly CM was there waiting for us!!! We were even upgraded from a LM room to a Cars Suite!!! That little bit of pixie dust sure made our LONG travel day worth it!

We plan to take a late flight on June 7 and should be landing at MCO around 11:45 pm. I know we need to get our own luggage for ME.

I'm guessing we'll be at the resort (POP!) by 1:15ish.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if it tends to go smoothly?

We've never used DME, but we have arrived very late a few times with our latest being around 1:30 am to the Poly. We didn't have any trouble and actually had 2 out of our 3 room requests met.

My one late-ish experience with DME wasn't the best. We landed at 11 pm and were not at resort check in until 1 am. We had a long wait on the bus before it left the airport, and then we were the 4th stop.:(

If we ever fly in late again we are going to get a town car. I just wouldn't risk a repeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter