• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest ?

caroline1851

DIS Veteran
I love BTMRR and Space M. I survived RRC but didn't like it and I survived TOT but hated it. I really don't like the big drop feeling.
How intense is EE?

ExpEv is very SMOOTH.
R'n'RC is quite rough, by comparison.

I find I can ride ExpEv multiple times without problems, but my wife (who has motion sickness issues) cannot.

OTOH, she absolutely loves to ride ToT, and does so multiple times in the same day.

So, that is to say, each guest will have different opinions as to which rides have which kind of intensity.

I love BTMRR and Space M. I survived RRC but didn't like it and I survived TOT but hated it. I really don't like the big drop feeling.
How intense is EE?

There is only one way to find out..... try it, you might like it. ;)

It is like Big Thunder, EXCEPT the intense backwards in the dark around a turn that it does.
If you were brave enough to try ToT and RnR, give it a try, it is not as intense as those!

As a more mature park guest I can tell you I still enjoy EE along with BTMRR, RNR & SM not so much !

RNR was way too intense for me so I was afraid to try EE. I was eventually persuaded to try it and I thought it was so much fun without being overly intense. It is my favorite roller coaster ever. Very smooth!

It's very smooth in my opinion. The backward part might take a little getting used to, but overall it's a positive ride experience. It's also my favorite coaster ever!

My partner who is new to big thrill rides tried it recently and loved it too!

Absolutely, it's a great coaster. Very smooth, and I love when the train spirals backward through the darkness!

I used to ride RnR and and ToT and have given up both of those. I still ride BTMRR. It took me a few years, but I tried Everest this past summer and I loved it. I would've hopped right back on if the timing had worked out.

I feel the g force more on ee then I do any other coaster at wdw
But I love it hahahaha

It's a smooth btmr with a backwards portion and a quick modernish drop but in relation to some of the bigger coasters elsewhere, it's not much of a drop.. You'll probably love it based on your OP description.

I get motion sickness and migraines easily. Why I still try to ride stuff is beyond me.

BTMRR - love this, can ride multiple times if seated near front, if seated toward the back it gets too rough for me to do it more than once in a row. I start to get headaches after repeat rides.

Space M - too rough. Honestly it's been years. It was such a horrible experience; I've been afraid to try it again, but it fell in the headache category, not motion sickness category for me.

RRC - passable but gives me a mild headache after one ride, usually avoid it. Definitely can't do twice.

TOT - hate this, feel like my insides are being torn out. It is physically painfull to me.

EE - love, love, can ride multiple times before I start to feel any effects. I agree with everyone else it is one of the smoother roller coasters at Disney. I do always try to sit near the front, though. I'm worried it might be a little too rough for me in the back.

Space M - too rough. Honestly it's been years. It was such a horrible experience; I've been afraid to try it again, but it fell in the headache category, not motion sickness category for me.

It's so bad lately. It really got worse in may and I haven't been on it since. Won't be riding it until a refurb happens. I was questioning safety and when my daughter said the same thing unprompted I knew it was worse than I thought and we both just stopped riding that night. I"m sure it's not that bad but overnight that ride went from really bumpy to scary bumpy at least for us.

It will all depend on if you're OK with going backwards. Beyond that, it's a smooth ride, but loud. The backwards part is intense...it's in the dark and is steeply banked to the side.

I feel the g force more on ee then I do any other coaster at wdw
But I love it hahahaha

It will depend on what you do or do not like on rides. The above makes it too intense for me. RnR is great if I've taken a ginger to help with nausea and wear ear plugs - it's a great ride but too loud for my tastes and not seeing the barrel rolls can irritate my stomach. It's the sound and dark that make this intense for me - not too much g-force, despite the record label. The g-forces on EE are more intense! Look at the steep drops that you can see from outside the exit/shop... The view from the climb, though, can't be beat especially if you ride at night.
More info about my perspective: I would love ToT if it was one expected drop and done, but the random repeats are a bit much for me most days. Space Mountain was too rough last time I rode, but I haven't tried since the last refurb. Any ride that makes me wish for a sport bra that would also qualify as Viking costuming is out :p BTMRR is great. All but the Hulk (intensity) and Forbidden Journey (motion simulator nausea) at UOR were fine with me also.

Bottom line is that YMMV depending on exactly what throws you from "this is great" to "nuh-uh" and what are the effects. If you'd be uncomfortable on the ride but your day not ruined, maybe try it. If you'd be terrified or have discomfort that lasts a while then maybe not risk it.

You'll be fine....the worst part is the Disco Yeti, not hurkin'-and-jerkin' at the end. Think John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, not really dancing and suffering from a broken razor and a slight glandular problem.;)

It's really a much smoother coaster, and I enjoy it much more than the others! But I will say if you do not want to feel the intense drop in your stomach do not keep your head back when going backwards, it makes a difference.

In-between BTMRR and TOT in my opinion. I don't think of coasters when I think of Disney World, but this is one of it's best ones. I like RNR best though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter