Expedition Everest

Biscuitsmom31

<font color=peach>Burn a candle to deal with the s
I'm trying to figure out if I can get DH on this ride. He LOVES roller coasters but his legs are useless and he would basically need to be able to pull his chair up next to the car, scoot into the seat and then scoot back out. I looked at the sample car on allearsnet and it looks like it has a little door that opens for a transfer. Has anyone tried it? He was able to do Soarin and Test Track last year. Test Track was quite a struggle though. He would really be thrilled if he were able to get on a coaster. :thumbsup2

Some of our party went onto EE on our recent trip, but not me and not DD, who uses a wheelchair.
When I talked to a CM, they said there was a car with a door that opened for greater access (like the test car shown in the allearsnet.com photos). There is no extra restraint or difference in the accessible ride car other than the door opening.

My DH said the ride was "nothing" (but he thinks all the roller coasters are nothing). The other members of our party said the ride was much worse in terms of G forces than BTMRR. We ended up not taking DD on the ride.

My suggestion would be for your DH to try out the test car to see how easily he can get in and have some other members of your party try out the ride to see how it differs from other roller coasters he has been on. I know it does go backwards raridly at one point and just after going downhill (the drop you see in all the photos), it reaches a very sharp turn (kind of C shaped) that goes back into the mountain.
Here's a review of the attraction and some photos from the DIS site.

LindsayDunn228 said:
May I ask what your husband's disability is?

He has a type of limb girdle muscular dystrophy. His MD has mainy affected his arms and legs (at this point). He can still control the movement of his arms, although they are weak, but his legs are pretty much decorative. However, his trunk and neck muscles are still in good shape so he shouldn't need any extra support as long as he can get in and out of the ride vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter