• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest Challenge 2014

I'm not running solo per say, it's gonna be me and my roommate, but we'd definitely welcome anyone who'd like to join us (especially when it comes to clue solving XD) and definitely up for meeting up at the after party if anyone wants to!

WISHers tend to meet up on event weekends. But We arrange the meet up ourselves. A tongue and cheek 'rule' from another section of the boards says: You bring it up, you plan it. ;)

I'd be happy to except I have *NO* clue about what happens on the weekend or where it happens. :)

I'd be happy to except I have *NO* clue about what happens on the weekend or where it happens. :)

:)

:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

I would suggest a spot in the AK parking area, NOT near the speakers in the corrals (they are extremely loud and annoying and head-ache inducing) and probably past the bag check check point (now you have to get checked like you do when entering a park, because after all, you are entering a park.)

The 2013 program doesn't have a very good pic of the staging area, perhaps this year's program will.

Does anyone know how far in advance you are able to use the discount tickets? I am thinking of signing my boys up for the kids races to give them some race experience and get the discounted park tickets but we would want to use them the week of april 21st.

:)

:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

I would suggest a spot in the AK parking area, NOT near the speakers in the corrals (they are extremely loud and annoying and head-ache inducing) and probably past the bag check check point (now you have to get checked like you do when entering a park, because after all, you are entering a park.)

The 2013 program doesn't have a very good pic of the staging area, perhaps this year's program will.

I'll be down there April 10-13, hopefully I'll have my race info packet by then (don't they e-mail us something a month before?) and I'll be able to actually look around. I've been to AK a bunch of times, but really just know the path from the entrance to Kilimanjaro to Lion King to Dinosaur and back out again ;)

Should we try to meet up right before the race? Or after for the party? Or earlier in the day? This will by my first RD race (heck, my first race of any kind), so me planning this should be entertaining. :banana:

I'll be down there April 10-13, hopefully I'll have my race info packet by then (don't they e-mail us something a month before?) and I'll be able to actually look around. I've been to AK a bunch of times, but really just know the path from the entrance to Kilimanjaro to Lion King to Dinosaur and back out again ;)

Should we try to meet up right before the race? Or after for the party? Or earlier in the day? This will by my first RD race (heck, my first race of any kind), so me planning this should be entertaining. :banana:

The staging area is in the Butterfly and handicapped parking lots, not inside the park.

I would recommend before so if a group photo is taken, people look happy and fresh. Also if people want to ride rides or go back to their resort.

So. I will be down Fri/Sat/Sun. Possibly Thursday for HS 25th Anniversary as well. If anyone wants to meet up, PM me

I also have a few ressies including Be Our Guest and Cali Grill if anyone wishes to join.

I'm not running solo per say, it's gonna be me and my roommate, but we'd definitely welcome anyone who'd like to join us (especially when it comes to clue solving XD) and definitely up for meeting up at the after party if anyone wants to!

I'm looking for people to run and solve clues with. I will be running solo. My family will be waiting for me at the after party.

I'm looking for people to run and solve clues with. I will be running solo. My family will be waiting for me at the after party.

Me too!! Well, not the family part, but the solving clues part in particular.
I'm only running a 13-14 mm , so if you're fast, we may be in trouble!

Hi! I'm excited to be joining everyone for my second Expedition Everest Challenge. My 14 year old son joined me last year and promptly "retired" from his running career after we were done! My husband is giving it a try this year with me.

I know it's sold out, but I have a friend who would love to run this with her husband this year. I've been trying to convert her to runDisney races for over a year and she proudly texted me today that they were getting ready to sign up for Everest. I had to sadly text her back that I thought it was sold out. Anyone know of any alternate entries like travel agents or charities for this race for a set of team bibs?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to actually figuring out all the clues this year (last year had a couple of stumpers for me!).

Hi! I'm excited to be joining everyone for my second Expedition Everest Challenge. My 14 year old son joined me last year and promptly "retired" from his running career after we were done! My husband is giving it a try this year with me.

I know it's sold out, but I have a friend who would love to run this with her husband this year. I've been trying to convert her to runDisney races for over a year and she proudly texted me today that they were getting ready to sign up for Everest. I had to sadly text her back that I thought it was sold out. Anyone know of any alternate entries like travel agents or charities for this race for a set of team bibs?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to actually figuring out all the clues this year (last year had a couple of stumpers for me!).

Doesn't look like there are any charity groups that are running this one. The ToT page has the ones for it listed pretty plainly, but the EEC page has nothing at all. The only things left for the EEC weekend are the post-race party.

Try Noah's Light: http://www.noahslightfoundation.org/team_noah/expedition-everest-challenge/
They might still have spots and their fundraising minimum is fairly low compared to other charities.

Good luck!!

I just checked, their site says "registration ended"

:(

Thanks for checking everyone! I guess I have to convince them to plan out what they want to run and to commit EARLY! It's crazy how early these races are selling out now (although with the rumor of this being the final EE, I'm not too surprised it sold out quickly).

I hope it's not the last EEC ever! I heard it was just going to be suspended for a year or two, because of the construction for Avatarland. I think it would be stupid of Disney to get rid of a shorter, less "scary" distance race, especially when it keeps selling out.

I hope it's not the last EEC ever! I heard it was just going to be suspended for a year or two, because of the construction for Avatarland. I think it would be stupid of Disney to get rid of a shorter, less "scary" distance race, especially when it keeps selling out.

if it's just going to be suspended while Avatarland gets built.. then I am for that. But I've heard it's the last one. There are no news of it coming back, and with the rumored Star Wars Race Weekend coming in time for Star Wars Weekend in WDW, it may never come back at all. :(

With it be a smaller field of contestants, they seem to wait until 2-3 weeks out to release the waivers for EEC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter