• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expected length of time at Ohana?

Lovedisney2008

Earning My Ears
We have a reservation for 8:30 am at Ohana. I was wondering how long should I expect to be there for breakfast with the characters. I am trying to book BBB at MK afterwards just not sure what time yet.

I would budget 2 hours at Ohana. Allow at least half an hour to make it to MK (you may have to wait on a monorail or boat), plus time to clear security. Ohana is also notorious for late seating and overbooking.

On an 8:30 breakfast ADR, I would not book BBB any time before 11:30 to be on the safe side; noon might be better.

I have not had a reservation at Ohana that early, so I am not sure if you will have a wait before being seated. But once you are in the restaurant it is typically about an hour by the time you see all the characters. I find this to be the case with just about every character meal. To be safe, I would figure about 10:00 AM before you are done.

I would budget 2 hours at Ohana. Allow at least half an hour to make it to MK (you may have to wait on a monorail or boat), plus time to clear security. Ohana is also notorious for late seating and overbooking.

On an 8:30 breakfast ADR, I would not book BBB any time before 11:30 to be on the safe side; noon might be better.

I would agree with you. I budget 90 minutes for character meals, but we generally dont have to be anywhere else. I just like to have an idea what time we will on our way out. If I had to be in a park sometime after my meal, I would allow more time than I thought it would take, and include 30 minutes JIC the restaurant was running behind. In this case, I would give 3 hours minimum, and if we were out earlier, I have lost nothing.

I agree. I would definitely do noon. I like knowing that I have a little cushion - 11:30 or earlier would make me stress all morning.

We have a reservation for 8:30 am at Ohana. I was wondering how long should I expect to be there for breakfast with the characters. I am trying to book BBB at MK afterwards just not sure what time yet.

If you would've said for dinner then I'd say budget around 2 hours or so.., but for breakfast, we found it to be a whole different animal. I'd say 1 1/2 hrs max.
With that being said, there's no reason that getting to and from Poly to BBB within an hours time frame is cutting it close. I'd push for an 11:00 am resv. Then just do a lunch shortly after:confused3

If you would've said for dinner then I'd say budget around 2 hours or so.., but for breakfast, we found it to be a whole different animal. I'd say 1 1/2 hrs max.
With that being said, there's no reason that getting to and from Poly to BBB within an hours time frame is cutting it close. I'd push for an 11:00 am resv. Then just do a lunch shortly after:confused3
We had a 9:30 ADR for which we were not seated until 10, and weren't out until 11:15.

I think having a cushion is going to be better than bolting breakfast and running.

We had a 9:30 ADR for which we were not seated until 10, and weren't out until 11:15.

I think having a cushion is going to be better than bolting breakfast and running.

I was just assuming they were able to be seated at 9:30..... But see your point...And forgot at 8:30am most likely they'll be waiting on that 1st wave to be finishing up, so Yes I'd say you're correct.
When we went, we set it up for the 1st seating . * when they just opened* Probably close to 7:30 therefore getting there & seated as soon as it opened.
With this in mind I'd push the BBB back 1/2 hour...:teeth:.....@_auroraborealis_ thanks 4 the--->:teacher:

My advice will always err on the side of cushion when traveling with a child of age for BBB. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter