"Excuse me miss, your ears are on backwards" First Family trip to WDW 2/10 Update!

TinkerKeeks

Mouseketeer
It's been 2 weeks since we've been back and now it's time for me to start my actual trip report, yay!
I had a small pre trip report and you can find that herehttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039806

(Not sure if that link worked i'm not sure how to post links yet.)

You can find all our bio info. In the pre trip but for those who missed it here's some background. We are going on our first family trip to Walt Disney World. Our friends Joe and Loriann, who have never been, tagged along. We also have guest appearances from various family members of mine.
There's me (23)
317968_10151771069700034_872243202_n_zpsd2db91b1.jpg

I'm the huge Disney fan. I used to go every year as a kid because my grandparents live in Kissimmee. The last time I was there was January 2008.

This is DH(26).
He has only been to WDW once about 13 years ago. So this is an exciting trip for him. He is also a bit of a ride sissy and refuses to ride any thrill rides. We will see how that plays out.

419244_10151356878695034_1972527648_n_zps41a82a70.jpg

And of course last but not least, DS (17 months).
His first trip to Disney! He's a huge Mickey fan.
561582_10152271310295034_331848402_n_zps5a196a04.jpg

There will be pictures of everyone else later in the TR but for now those are the starring cast members :)

Our trip was from January 15-20 and we stayed at the Pop Century resort.

Can't wait to hear about your trip! I love first time (or first in a long time) trip reports. Your son is so cute. I'm looking forward to seeing how he reacted to the World.
Pop is one of my favorite resorts. I know it's hit or miss, so hopefully you all had a good experience.

After much obsessing and planning the day had finally arrived. I was a little bummed because we were leaving on such a late flight. I booked the 7 pm flight because the original plan was for DH and his friend Joe to both go to work that day but of course they both decided to take off anyways. A few days before I decided to check out how much it would cost us to change our flight to a morning one. Delta wanted 1200 dollars to change four tickets. So obviously that didn't happen :( For 1200 dollars I could've planned a whole new vacation.:confused3

So day 1 consisted of running around and doing last minute packing. I first has to drop my mom at Newark airport because she was flying out to Boca that day.
Then we all squished in FIL's car and he gave us a ride to JFK.

We arrived to the airport pretty early and starving so we decided to get some grub. We went to the Legends Sports Bar and Grill located near our gate.

image_zps53f48dca.jpg

DH and Joe. Dh had a cold one, Joe had some water.

image_zpsba93fb2e.jpg

DS waiting for his chicken nuggets and apple juice to arrive.

Loriann and I both had the french dip which came with waffle fries.
image_zpscbb195a1.jpg

Joe had the legends burger.
image_zps46bff49b.jpg

DS And DH shared chicken tenders. They ate it up fast, no pic sorry :(

After we ate, we headed to the gate.
Here are my boys waiting for boarding. As you can see they have matching nike hoodies.
image_zps0d2ba753.jpg

We boarded the plane not too long after.
DS really enjoyed looking out the window.
image_zpsedcd1a02.jpg

We were lucky to be on an empty flight. I mean we all could have had our own row if we wanted. It was nice because DS was technically a lap child but he ended up getting to lay down across two seats with DH. Joe took his own row and passed put, and Loriann and I sat in our own row.
The flight seamed to be just us and a huge group of Brazillians.

I payed the 15 bucks for wifi on my ipad. It was def. worth it for me. The flight went by fast and I was able to imessage with people. My sister was able to imessage me and let me know that she was PREGNANT! during the flight. I just about knocked over my whole drink lol

The flight landed around 9:30 and we headed to the magical express. DS was feeling anything but magical at this time, he was cranky and ready to go to bed.

By the time we got to the resort it was around 11:00. I was a little annoyed when we got there, I was looking for a bell hop as we had a lot of things, but I couldn't find one. ( I found out later they were inside an unmarked door that had a plastic sign that read "cast Members Only" on it and you needed to go inside, would be great if someone had told me that).

I checked in and again asked if there was someone to help us with our luggage. The lady at the desk said to just go out front and around the corner, no mention of a door or anything. So we went outside ( walking past the metal door) and all the way around to our "preferred" room. It was the 70's building but I didn't think it was worth the extra cash, didn't seem that close to main building to me.

The room was nice and clean. A standard motel room with a little disney touch.

I was happy to see my groceries from Garden Grocer were there, except for the milk. So now I have to walk back to the front desk and find out where the milk is, and the pack and play for ds. The person at the desk tells me the bellhop has it. I explain that I didn't see any place for bellhop services and she finally tells me that I have to go through the door, The door that says "cast members only", :rolleyes2 I mean I just wished someone could have taken the time to help us out a little more

Loriann was hungry so we decided to check out the food court. The guys were back in the room with the baby.

She had some chicken alfredo thing. She said it was yummy.

image_zpsda4876d4.jpg

I had some turkey foccacia sandwich thing. It was nothing special.
image_zps28236dbf.jpg

After this we headed back to the room and crashed. Well tried to at least...

I'm in!! Can't wait to read more about your trip- and I must say your son is adorable! I stayed at Pop last December and really enjoyed it. I see why you were bummed about the late flight, those are never enjoyable for me either. Waiting all day to go to Disney is just no fun!

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Joining IN!! Just went back and read your PTR and then caught up on your TR. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. Especially since we will be going at pretty much the same time next year. Jan 18-25th. Never been to WDW in Jan so trying to get as much info as possible. :)

Your son is adorable!!!

Aw your son is too adorable!

We stayed at Pop for the first time January 3-10! Looks like we just missed each other.

Where in NY are you from? We flew out of JFK too:thumbsup2

MickeyManda said:
I'm in!! Can't wait to read more about your trip- and I must say your son is adorable! I stayed at Pop last December and really enjoyed it. I see why you were bummed about the late flight, those are never enjoyable for me either. Waiting all day to go to Disney is just no fun!

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Thanks for reading :) Next time I will def. try to make our flight earlier.

gracer9977 said:
Joining IN!! Just went back and read your PTR and then caught up on your TR. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. Especially since we will be going at pretty much the same time next year. Jan 18-25th. Never been to WDW in Jan so trying to get as much info as possible. :)

Your son is adorable!!!

Thank you. I really like going in January because it gives us a chance to get out of the cold weather. The weather can be a little crazy in Orlando though, we had warm pool days and freezing cold days too. I would definitely pack clothes for every kind of weather.

lvcourtneyy said:
Aw your son is too adorable!

We stayed at Pop for the first time January 3-10! Looks like we just missed each other.

Where in NY are you from? We flew out of JFK too:thumbsup2

Thank you :) I think you probably had a little nicer weather than we did. It went from hot to cold pretty fast when we got there.

We live in Staten Island. Where are you from?

Thank you :) I think you probably had a little nicer weather than we did. It went from hot to cold pretty fast when we got there.

We live in Staten Island. Where are you from?

Our weather was the opposite! It was pretty cold the first few days and then HOT and humid the rest of the week.

We're from Staten Island as well!! What are the chances?:goodvibes:confused3

lvcourtneyy said:
Our weather was the opposite! It was pretty cold the first few days and then HOT and humid the rest of the week.

We're from Staten Island as well!! What are the chances?:goodvibes:confused3

Yay, it's awesome to meet another Staten Island disser :) I just found your TR, i'm gonna try to catch up.

I'm enjoying your trip report! I look forward to hearing how the rest of your trip went! We stayed at Pop Century a few years ago and really liked it. Your son is adorable! I hope you're having a great day! Jennifer

I'm joining in! That must have been really frustrating to not get help when you've just landed and its late and everybody was probably cranky. I hope the trip perked up for you guys the next day! :)

So when I left off with my last post, we had crashed and were trying to get some sleep.
Here's where the trouble started. We tried putting DS in the pack and play, but he was not having it. He screamed like crazy. I mean I can understand, it really wasn't very comfortable.

The problem is that the beds in the room are pretty small. So DS would not sleep anywhere but in bed with me, which meant poor DH had to sleep on the floor:scared:

These circumstances coupled with the fact that I was extremely excited to be in Disney and headed to MK, meant that I slept a total of maybe 10 minutes that night :(

I patiently waited for the clock to turn to 7. At 7:00, I was greeted with the wonderful sound of Stitch and Mickey :goodvibes and even though I hadn't slept a wink I could not wait to attempt to get to MK for Rope Drop!!

We were up and ready, and out of the room by 7:30. We stopped at the food court for some breakfast.

I'm not really a traditional breakfast person, so I opted for a chocolate croissant and a Nesquick.
image_zpsae686fc5.jpg

It was chocolatey and delicious!

DH and Joe both had these breakfast platter things. DS shared with DH.
image_zps7608edb4.jpg

I think Loriann may have ordered something similar.

We ate pretty quickly. It was fairly crowded in there and I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. We headed for the buses and within 10 minutes we were able to get on a MK bus.

In in all my visits to WDW I have never made it to the rope drop show at Magic Kingdom, so it was kind of a goal for me this trip. I was very excited that we made it on time.
We got to MK around 8:40 and got our park tickets at will call.

image_zps4925e29f.jpg

The show started at 8:50 and it was very magical.

image_zps3bddfc4a.jpg

DS was watching from Joe's shoulders since he's the tallest.

image_zps6f02c26c.jpg

It was nice to start the day seeing all the characters, really added to the magic and excitement.

image_zpsecd57573.jpg

And of course the mouse himself.

We headed straight to the stroller rental. My grandmother had picked up a nice mickey umbrella stroller for us at Walmart that my dad was bringing later. We decided to just rent the disney stroller for the day. The stroller was nice and roomy.

After we got the stroller, we headed to my favorite castle.

image_zps01cf0000.jpg

Aw sorry to hear about the trouble sleeping! Hopefully after some park time and exhaustion, it got better!

Glad you got to see the welcome show! We saw it for the first time on our trip and it was a pretty magical way to start off a day at MK!:goodvibes

Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews!

I hope you managed well on 10 minutes of sleep. I never can sleep well my first night on vacation, I am too excited!!

Your son is absolutely precious!!!!!

Update time!

Heres a pic I forgot to include in the last post. Me and DS waiting for the welcome show to start. I was wearing my evil Queen shirt that day since I love the villains.
image_zps7a257e92.jpg

So when I left off last update we had rented a stroller for the day. Here's DS in his stroller.
image_zps64a080a9.jpg

We decided to head straight to Fantasy land. It was a pretty low crowd day and we were there early so we walked right on to Peter Pan's flight. This was DS first ride ever!
image_zps16e52e00.jpg

Unfortunately the pic didn't come out so great. He was really good on the ride and just quietly looked around.
After Peter Pan we walked across the way to It's a Small World and walked right on that as well.
image_zpsd7935fdb.jpg

I always take way too many pics on this ride for some reason but I will spare you guys and only post one. DS really enjoyed this one and was clapping along with the music.
Next we headed to Winnie the Pooh. I really like this ride. There was about a 5 minute wait for this ride. DS was fascinated with the ceiling fans in line.
image_zpsf8524a7a.jpg

image_zpse2f5536f.jpg

And then we were off...

image_zps2a22c209.jpg

Bouncings what Tiggers do best!
image_zps12cd6110.jpg

image_zps5409c451.jpg

After this we headed to Little Mermaid where I took absolutely no pictures. I know I suck. I should explain what happened to our camera. DH left the charger at his parents house on New Years so we were saving what little battery we had for Animal Kingdom and character meals. All of these pics so far have been from our iphones :(

Little Mermaid was amazing! It was also a walk on.
After this we went for a spin on the teacups. I really am not a fan of the teacups, they make me dizzy :(But everyone else wanted to ride and I didnt want to Party Poop lol
image_zpsd4ed6b77.jpg

image_zps58408719.jpg

DS doesnt seem that impressed either.

I wanted to check out the new Dumbo, so we headed to Storybook Circus.
It was another walk on for Dumbo yay!

image_zps23494f26.jpg

image_zpsbfed822d.jpg

Ds was so small you can't see him next to DH, and joe and loriann are behind them. I rode my own Dumbo, I'm afraid and keep mine low the whole time lol

After Dukbo, Loriann and Joe rode the Barnstormer and we just took a little break.

Next up...Tommorowland :)

Aw I love how your son is looking around in the pictures like he's just soaking it all in! Glad you guys were able to get a lot done without any wait!

It's awesome to see low wait times! Must be a perk for vacationing in January :thumbsup2

It must have been so exciting to see your son's reaction to everything. Too cute :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter