Exclusions ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
for most of my trip planning. The Disneyland boards here are populated by people who seem to want help plannng, or to help others plan. The Disneyworld boards are filled with people who don't seem to have the knack of staying on topic and who seem to like to disagree for entertainment.

Thankfully, the other site I've found isn't like this.

The comments I made were economics-based. Another poster accused people of game playing by ordering the most expensive item at the restaurants they visit. I was simply commenting that, if you are talking pure economics, that is a sensible strategy. Sorry to have gone over the heads of some of you on that. Most major universities offer a variety of courses in economics. You'd be amazed at how applicable they are.

Non-cost determinants of demand might be a concept to explore. As are simple supply and demand curves and elasticity of demand.

I have to say, I have found the DisneyWorld boards here to be less than enjoyable.

Actually you've gone over your own head. I can't believe how wrong you are.

People playing a game and wanting to "keep score" will order the most expensive items from the most expensive restaurants. When they get back they'll log onto the internet and post their results and see if anyone can beat their score.

Ordering food you don't particularly like or may even be allergic isn't a sound economic based decision. In order for your point to have any validity, and it doesn't, you'd have to assume there is a direct relationship between the price of the menu item and it's value to the diner. The seafood entrées tend to be the most expensive items and some people don't like seafood. Economic theory would say diners should order the food items they want regardless of the menu price. Economic theory might suggest the average dining guest on the plan will order more expensive items than guests not on the plan. Economic theory doesn't suggest diners will order food they don't like and won't eat just because it's more expensive.

People don't have an opportunity to re-sell the menu items. Now if I was buying meals for the purpose of re-selling them your economic issue would have some validity. My cost of goods sold would be the same but the presumed re-sale value of the meal would be higher for more expensive items.

You're not even following the strategy you're suggesting. Your child doesn't like to eat much so you're not planning to purchase the plan. Your economic theory would suggest that you should purchase dining for your child and make him eat the most expensive item on the menu if he likes it or not.

lntsmom said:
The comments I made were economics-based. Another poster accused people of game playing by ordering the most expensive item at the restaurants they visit. I was simply commenting that, if you are talking pure economics, that is a sensible strategy. Sorry to have gone over the heads of some of you on that. Most major universities offer a variety of courses in economics. You'd be amazed at how applicable they are.

Non-cost determinants of demand might be a concept to explore. As are simple supply and demand curves and elasticity of demand.

I have to say, I have found the DisneyWorld boards here to be less than enjoyable.

Getting back to the original topic and not a debate over the ins and outs of the Dining Plan.....

When we were there in October we were limited at Wolfgang Puck Express to what we could get. We could get a pizza but none of the pastas even though they're the same price range. Dessert was limited to a cookie.

It looks like everyone answered all of your questions, but I just want to add that we did Tony's last September, and it was not worth the time out of our day. There were 4 adults who are each used to a different kind of restaurant eating, and no-one liked it. What does everyone else think? And there were no restrictions or surcharges at Planet Hollywood, but don't go if you have a headache!

local community colleges...I'd suggest you look into them. Grad courses in economics cost a bit more, but you can get some good information on the internet. I'd suggest you look into both.

If you weren't so busy being a know-it-all bore, you would have time to actually read for comprehension.

Someone asked why anyone would order the most expensive entrees. You said that it was a game and you and others implied that there is something wrong with someone who would choose to do so.

The suggestions that someone should order food even if they don't like it or if they're allergic to it came from two other posters. I'm assuming they were trying to be funny; I can hardly believe anyone here would actually be so stupid as to think that's what I was saying.

I was not attempting to advise anyone, I was posting to state that there is nothing wrong with that strategy. Diners are well within their rights to order anything on the menu. If Disney isn't prepared to allow for those who will seek out the more or most expensive items, they shouldn't offer the meal plan. You seem to think you speak for Disney, or that you need to defend them.

I think Disney is an extremely marketing-savy organization. I don't think they need help from someone who doesn't understand the basics of economics.

From the tone of your posts it appears that you are a hateful person who views the DIS boards as your domain. I can see that your ego is tied up in this. Maybe if you get involved in your real life you'll be able to come here without needing to attack the other members.

You're the only one trying to give anyone dining advice, and you're doing a piss poor job of it!

You should really take the time to read your own posts. I, and other posters, really couldn't believe that you are so stupid as to as to suggest that economics would dictate consumers would/should order the most expensive items on the menu.

If you weren't so busy being a know-it-all bore, you would have time to actually read for comprehension. You obviously didn't take the time to read your initial post nor my followup post.

Your economics argument is pure BS. You're assuming there is a direct relationship between menu price and the desirability of a menu item. Seafood items tend to be the more expensive entrées and many consumers don't like seafood. I assume you failed that economics course at your local community college.

I'd agree that economic considerations enter into Disney's plan design but that's not the point you were making in your original post.

lntsmom said:
local community colleges...I'd suggest you look into them. Grad courses in economics cost a bit more, but you can get some good information on the internet. I'd suggest you look into both.

If you weren't so busy being a know-it-all bore, you would have time to actually read for comprehension.

Someone asked why anyone would order the most expensive entrees. You said that it was a game and you and others implied that there is something wrong with someone who would choose to do so.

The suggestions that someone should order food even if they don't like it or if they're allergic to it came from two other posters. I'm assuming they were trying to be funny; I can hardly believe anyone here would actually be so stupid as to think that's what I was saying.

I was not attempting to advise anyone, I was posting to state that there is nothing wrong with that strategy. Diners are well within their rights to order anything on the menu. If Disney isn't prepared to allow for those who will seek out the more or most expensive items, they shouldn't offer the meal plan. You seem to think you speak for Disney, or that you need to defend them.

I think Disney is an extremely marketing-savy organization. I don't think they need help from someone who doesn't understand the basics of economics.

From the tone of your posts it appears that you are a hateful person who views the DIS boards as your domain. I can see that your ego is tied up in this. Maybe if you get involved in your real life you'll be able to come here without needing to attack the other members.

You're the only one trying to give anyone dining advice, and you're doing a piss poor job of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter