Exchange Express Passes for Onsite

What I was saying was sneaky was if I put in 5 adults, search for a room, and book it, I never saw any fine print or terms that mention the extra cost. I just called and the quote online includes the extra charge for 5 adults. That's fine that the rate goes up, it is not OK however if I put in five adults, get a quote, and then am told at check in I owe more money for having five adults. They did say we could add a rollaway for $25 but it is optional.

They can see on your reservation at check-in how many adults you've booked for. They know that the computer will charge for that at booking time.

OK, is re-entry OK from the hotel lot? For instance, we will show up for check in early July 10 and park two cars in the lot. After checked in, we will go have fun in the park (we have five people and their will be five on the reservation). Then at night, only 2 of our party will actually sleep in the hotel, and the two cars will be offsite with us where we are staying the rest of the trip. We will return to the HRH lot the next morning (July 11) have fun in the park again. Then we will leave that night. As long as we only get charged for one night per car, that's a good bit cheaper than being in the garage for two days and more convenient for check in/check out purposes.

Thanks again for all the help!

You can come and go, just make sure you have the room key to enter and exit the lot

So I got a CS reference number from guest services and so far everything is looking good for returning the passes. The question now is where should we park to visit guest services? We will be going to process the refund this Sunday, the first day we are in Orlando so it has time to go back on the payment card. We won't be visiting Universal or have the hotel reservation until the week after. Will we have to bite the parking charge to park long enough to get to guest services and back or is there a place where we could drop someone off?

Thanks again for all the advice!

to save the parking fee, drop someone off to go to guest services to take care of this situation.

you go to the walgreen area and park the car.
or somewhere nearby where you can wait about 15 minutes or so.
if you are on the same side of the street as UO, you won't have to loop around to go in the opposite direction.

have the person call you when they are done and ready to be picked up.

then return to pick that peep up in order to avoid the parking fee.

Thanks for everyone's help! My brother returned the passes with no issues yesterday. The TM was grateful to have a guest services file number as it made their job much easier. The only problem was I thought I was going to get stuck paying for parking since I ignored the guest dropoff signs. In retrospect on a full nights sleep it was obvious that is where I needed to go but at the time I was thinking it meant one of the hotel's guest dropoffs. Hey, I did drive ten hours on an hour and a half sleep, cut me some slack :p

Now, the interesting thing is we have three days worth of tickets. We will be going the 9th with no express pass so I wonder what we should do that day...we will have the next two days with the hotel express pass. Maybe we will just hang out at Harry Potter for awhile and go to less wait time places.

If you are all adults, you can do the single rider lines. Or concentrate on shows and cool places to eat. Or just do the regular lines which do have more and different things to look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter